PDA

View Full Version : Dreams with my mother

bun_ner
5th September 2008, 01:56 AM
I've had dreams with my late mother in them (she passed last September), some seem very real, others seems totally wack and don't make sense. Is it possible that I'm connecting/visiting my mother in my dreams? Are some dreams 'real' and others are my consciousness sorting out problems?
Some nights I can't 'connect' with her, but wish I could. Or maybe I just can't remember them? I wish I had control over this, and I wish that there was some evidence that it was real.

ButterflyWoman
5th September 2008, 07:40 AM
Is it possible that I'm connecting/visiting my mother in my dreams?
Yes. My grandmother came to me in dreams after she died. I'd always say, "Hey, wait, you're supposed to be dead!" and she'd laugh.

Are some dreams 'real' and others are my consciousness sorting out problems?
Yes, probably. I've had dreams that I'm sure really involved the person I was dreaming about, and dreams where, upon waking, I know the person was nothing but a dream construct.

Some nights I can't 'connect' with her, but wish I could. Or maybe I just can't remember them? I wish I had control over this
She may be having trouble connecting, as well. My understanding is that it takes energy on the other side in order to connect to us on this one. So it can be tiring, or difficult if circumstances interfere, etc.

I wish that there was some evidence that it was real.
I don't know what kind of evidence there could be for that sort of thing.