PDA

View Full Version : When you need to go a step, you're seldom alone

Korpo
6th September 2008, 10:56 PM
Many times I have faced the feeling of being stuck. Of having someone to ask stuff. The feeling of losing what makes me go on with meditating and believing in the fact that spiritual things happen. Those days when my faith is weak. Those days when I feel alone and exhausted.

Those days when that happens I sit around and ask myself - am I doing something wrong? Am I not working hard enough? Am I directing my efforts into the wrong things? Am I good enough at what I am pursuing? Do I miss something vital, do I lack some key skill? Should I pursue something else?

Times of personal crisis, times of insecurity.

But I have come to have a weird expectation, built on experience. Somebody will be there. When I think I cannot continue, often enough someone will step into my life and break the rut. Does not need to be a big thing, can be an email contact. Weird how one person out of maybe a dozen might suddenly take that extra time and spend it on me.

Since it started to happen I began to remind myself to recognize this. Not to dismiss someone just because the ideas seem weird. I do not need to make somebody else's ideas mine. I just need to listen, get the hints, interact, and something might happen. Maybe sometimes I am that person and not the other way round, who knows? I would never know if I am not prepared to go out of my way and see what that person is like and where this is going.

I believe that when I am stuck, things will align to help me out, to keep me going. There is a kindness behind this that almost says it out loud that our ways through life are not easy but we are not without help either. Opportunities need to be seen first. The Universe generates them, ceaselessly, whenever we allow it. Even if it is not easy to see every day in my life I believe in the kindness of spirit and something underlying the world we live in.

I cannot say if all things happen for a (higher) reason, they might not. But some do.

Oliver

oldmaster
10th September 2008, 04:56 AM
Thanks, Korpo. I needed to hear that right now. Been feeling somewhat alone lately, it was nice to have a reminder that its not actually the case.

Korpo
10th September 2008, 06:16 PM
Glad it was of help. :)

Be well and take good care,
Oliver