PDA

View Full Version : Powers from Chakra Work

Sachiel
11th September 2008, 12:35 AM
Sorry for the anticlimax. This is no question regarding powers, or an idea I had to try, but instead a quote:

...I have noticed people being almost obsessed with being able to open up their chakras such as the third eye. They feel that by being able to open up the chakras they will become psychic and develop supernatural abilities. This belief has been promulgated in a number of books, but in my opinion is only partially correct. When you already have these abilities the opening and shutting of the appropriate chakra acts like an 'on' 'off' button. But when you don't have the ability already it is more like flipping the switch on, but having a dead battery.

Personally, I liked that. It gets some focus on energy work instead of pining away for TK and auric sight. I don't really know if that's needed here, but I found it neat and lighthearted, and thought I'd share.

Thanks!

Korpo
11th September 2008, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure it is correct, though. What does it say, actually?

Does it say - the ability is inborn and the chakra is the switch? (Which I would doubt)

Or does it say - the ability needs to be developed and the chakra is the switch? (Which I guess to be closer to truth)

In my experience bottom-up development bit by bit unveils abilities. This is not necessarily chakra work, but affects how the chakras work. I also would believe that this works better than just focussing on "opening a chakra"...

What's your take on it?

Oliver

Mishell
11th September 2008, 08:50 AM
Sachiel, who and what are you quoting?