PDA

View Full Version : Weeping during chakra work

amazingjourney
11th September 2008, 02:45 AM
I have been practicing focusing on chakras for about 4 months now. From the start, weeping has happened to me a lot. It used to be when I was doing the root chakra and the second chakra, I would weep and weep violently, tears pouring down non stop. Every now and then I would have this type of episode. Lately, the chakras where the weeping happen have moved up, the solar plexsus and the heart chakra, and maybe the throat chakra as well.
The weeping can be very exhausting. Sometimes I even feel physically ill afterwards. But I can't avoid it at all. When I focus on some of the chakras, I just have to cry. I am not even thinking about anything. It feels mor physically or energy related, than emotional.
Does anyone know why the weeping? If this is processing emotional issues, is the weeping helpful in my healing? but why is the intensity not any less after all these time?

Korpo
11th September 2008, 08:20 AM
First of all - what is your personal guess - is this good for you? Have you changed? Do you behave differently, feel differently throughout the day?

Emotion is energy, too. If you process emotional energy, emotional events can happen.

A personal guess would be this:

This seems like emotional catharsis, a thorough cleaning. You are clearing your energy system from a deep-lodged sadness. Since it happens in at least five chakras, this seems to affect everything you are (each chakra is an aspect of you at a different level). So it is a core issue. Since you do not know why the weeping happens, the issue seems to be strongly repressed into the subconscious.

The fact that it starts to move upwards means that you are making progress in dislodging this emotion, starting with your base and by uprooting it from there, throughout all your higher aspects. That's a good way to do it - from lower to higher - AFAIK. Keeps you grounded and within your personal limits.

Cathartic things like this can happen, and are to my limited knowledge part of Kundalini Yoga.

I would recommend finding a therapist you can trust in. You might need someone to support you if this subconscious thing ever moves into the conscious. It might be too much for a while, and a good therapist can help you deal with it. Sudden realisations about oneself can be hard to deal with, and someone who is required to listen and support can be a great thing then.

Take good care,
Oliver

amazingjourney
11th September 2008, 09:59 PM
First of all - what is your personal guess - is this good for you? Have you changed? Do you behave differently, feel differently throughout the day?

Oliver

I definitely think it has helped me to become more grounded and be more in touch with myself.

I read that chakra work can menifest our situation and bring our emotional issues. Maybe this is what happens. It is just a strange thing to cry when getting to the spot, like a button was pushed and things just started to come out.

So crying probably is not a normal happening when doing chakras? Why do I have so mcuh tears in me?

ButterflyWoman
11th September 2008, 11:16 PM
Tears are associated with all kinds of things. People cry when they feel relieved, when they feel joyful, when they're sad, when they're angry, when they're afraid, when they're overwhelmed, and on and on.

I always have a flood of tears when I have some significant or important spiritual epiphany, no matter what the actual nature of the realisation.

Personally, I think it's a fairly normal reaction and in many cases, I think it's related to the feeling of release or reception of energy.

Korpo
12th September 2008, 06:35 AM
So crying probably is not a normal happening when doing chakras? Why do I have so mcuh tears in me?

As I said before, cathartic releases can be part of Kundalini Yoga. The fact that it does not happen the same to everybody is the difference in emotional makeup. Review your life, and maybe you find the reason why there is so much to be wept about.

This happens to meditators, too. I read of a woman who wept every time she meditated, and IIRC for two years. But that helped her a lot.

I definitely think it has helped me to become more grounded and be more in touch with myself.

Well, as long this feeling stays with you everything is just fine. These are good signs that something healthy is going on.

Take good care,
Oliver