PDA

View Full Version : creatures and their chakras

Neil Templar
18th September 2008, 01:22 PM
it seems to me that all living creatures would have a chakra/energy system, like we do.

a few minutes ago i had a thought... my wee cat sat on me and started to purr.
and i wondered, if cats purring might be similar to us chanting, with the vibrations stimulating energy centres?

any thoughts? any knowledge even?

ButterflyWoman
18th September 2008, 01:29 PM
Purring is something we don't entirely understand. Kittens do it in order to stimulate milk from their mother's teats, and older cats purr when they're pleased or when they're in pain, possibly to calm themselves.

It's also known that cats have remarkable healing powers, and they recover from injury and illness exceptionally quickly compared to many other animals (including dogs). One theory is that the pitch of the purring may actually stimulate the cat's brain to release healing hormones (the human equivalent is Human Growth Hormone, so I guess in this case it would be Feline Growth Hormone?).

Nobody really knows what purring is all about, though, it's all just observation and theory. And the cats are keeping it to themselves.

Personally, I think it's the way they run the universe, and I'm convinced that they do, as a collective. ;)

Korpo
18th September 2008, 01:35 PM
I, too, remember reading long ago that purring is a self-healing sound.

Mishell also ordered a book about animal chakras and healing that will take some time to arrive, and which I also am interested in.

Oliver