PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini questions.

mreee
22nd September 2008, 07:34 PM
Hello,
I keep getting interested in this subject and have read something about it,
It seems that many are in the race to awaken the kundalini. For my part, I take it one
step at a time. I am real green in the astral as i have only had about 5 projections from
the dream state.
Well onto the question. Its said that many that does awaken the kundalini won't come out
of the experience with their sanity intact. What is it about awakening the Kundalini that
can make people go insane? Is it the sensation? Is it the fear?
It might be a stupid question but I don't know anything first had about it so I am curious.

Best regards
Mreeee

Korpo
22nd September 2008, 07:46 PM
It's the hidden problems that surface. Personal development makes the difference.

I remember the line in Bardon's IIH - "When the elements are in balance, the serpent power rises on its own." The elements here denote the balance of the character since Bardon also characterises the characters of people by the elements.

One can focus on personal development, or hunt for the "Kundalini experience". The first one seems to be reported as the "smoother ride".

Oliver

star
22nd September 2008, 07:55 PM
It forces your issues through you at an speedy rate. If you can't handle all your problems that quickly the best choice is to go insane. I'm going to see if I can get mine raised at a workshop in Oct. I'm pysched. (Of course there is that chance it won't work.)

mreee
22nd September 2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks a lot for your answers Korpo and Star,
I am still a bit in the dark about what to expect, but its always nice to hear experienced peoples views about it.
I will continue to work with my energy body and my OBE'ing and reading up on this field.
And star good "luck" on your kundalini raising on the workshop, let us know how it went.

Best wishes
Mreee

ButterflyWoman
23rd September 2008, 03:35 AM
Its said that many that does awaken the kundalini won't come out of the experience with their sanity intact.
That assumes they were sane to begin with. Sometimes what we think of as "normal and sane" really isn't, and Kundalini will expose that.

What is it about awakening the Kundalini that can make people go insane?
I'm trying to think of a good analogy. Okay, this is silly, but it kind of works. You know how when the Incredible Hulk goes from being mild mannered David Banner to being the Hulk, all his clothes split apart? It's like that.

The force of Kundalini is such that your ego will come apart at the seams if you're not sufficiently prepared for it. If that happens, you can get all manner of bizarre symptoms that certainly look (and feel) like mental illness. And maybe they are, I can't say. Maybe your brain chemistry really DOES go haywire for a while. It's been said that Kundalini pretty much completely re-wires your nervous system, and your brain is part of that...

Is it the sensation? Is it the fear?
It's more just the force of Spirit rushing through your mind and body. If there are any cracks or bits that are held together precariously or poorly formed, it WILL blast it away, and it can be incredibly disorienting to suddenly lose part of your ego-self that way. Lose enough of those parts, you can't function.

NOTE: This is NOT the case for everyone!!! People who are well-prepared and who have a good spiritual and emotional foundation are a lot less likely to have serious problems with Kundalini rising.

Here's another analogy (been trying to think of a better one). Your ego-self is like a house. It's built on some sort of foundation. It's got structures that keep it up. There are probably hidden corners and closets (most people have those), there are open areas, there may be higher levels and lower ones, etc. Everyone's "house" is unique.

If your house is well-built, either from the start or through spiritual/emotional/mental work on it, it will withstand the "earthquake" that is Kundalini. If, on the other hand, your house is not well-built, it's not going to hold up as well. It may crumble completely. People who have poorly built houses are the ones who end up standing in a heap of smoking rubble in tattered clothes, giving all the appearance of being "insane". Some of those people go on to rebuild their "house", of course, though it can take many years to do so.

I've read stories of people who experienced Kundalini rising and had an almost effortless transition. Others do go insane. I suspect that most people do survive it and manage to rebuild, and when they do, they become much better people (in the ego-self sense). How long it takes to "rebuild" is a matter of personal circumstances, I suspect. There's full blown "Kundalini Syndrome" which can last for decades...

I don't write this to frighten anyone. I personally believe, because I have experienced it, that Kundalini is a very positive life-changing force. If your "house" is so badly built that it's not serving you, then it NEEDS to come down, but I think it's probably better to work on it prior to a Kundalini Rising event, if you have any choice at all in the matter.

Another analogy would be that prior to undertaking a climb up a mountain, you should prepare for it, be in good physical health, and have the right equipment and guides. ;)

star
23rd September 2008, 08:14 PM
Gopi Krishna tells about his painful experiences with Kundalini, but he got better.

Christian
27th September 2008, 07:20 PM
Thank you for that wonderful description of kundalini awakening OlderWiser :)

I for sure had a not so well built house. But i survived and my house today is ten times stronger than the former one. Have gone through some very challenging times.

Kundalini is absolutely best to deal with with a stable mind and emotions. You can do it without the preparation but that can be a big cost. It strikes different for different people who are unprepared. I went totally naked during the beginning of the process, for a time i felt i had no protection, like i had no aura at all (or a very weak one). Takes time to go that road, but i think a had the shock awakening because someone needed me to really wake up and stop wasting time.

If i could redo it i would have take much more precautions and really focus on the balancing part before raising the serpent. It would have been a much more pleasant ride.

/Christian

ButterflyWoman
28th September 2008, 10:57 AM
I went totally naked during the beginning of the process, for a time i felt i had no protection, like i had no aura at all (or a very weak one).
YES! That's the first time I've heard someone else articulate that sensation. I described it as being like a turtle without a shell. I remember very clearly that feeling of nakedness and vulnerability. Still makes me shudder to think about it, actually.

i think a had the shock awakening because someone needed me to really wake up and stop wasting time.
Yeah, me, too. I was thirty when it started, which isn't exactly old, but I'm 44 now and still feeling the lingering effects of it, and still have unstable times as things settle down and solidify, as it were.

If i could redo it i would have take much more precautions and really focus on the balancing part before raising the serpent. It would have been a much more pleasant ride.
Absolutely. Couldn't have put it better. If you have any choice in the matter, do the emotional/mental/spiritual work first.

Mahavatar_Babaji
9th October 2008, 10:36 AM
Its said that many that does awaken the kundalini won't come out
of the experience with their sanity intact. What is it about awakening the Kundalini that
can make people go insane? Is it the sensation? Is it the fear?
It might be a stupid question but I don't know anything first had about it so I am curious.

Best regards
Mreeee

Before you even attempt to awaken your kundalini, you should be mentally strong and physically able to handle the experience. Kundalini surges can be painful and generate a huge amount of energy in your body. Not everyone is able to handle this. Also, kundalini forces you to re-live any repressed trauma that you have endured in your life, like say being abused as a child, so be prepared. I always tell people, if your not mentally stable, do not attempt to awaken your kundalini. You might go insane. Another reason why people with kundalini may end up in the nuthouse, is that most people who spontaneously awaken it, have no idea what is wrong with them, and they freak out. Doctors can't help you if you're going through a kundalini crisis. My awakening was pretty good, but I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. I meditated for 5 years to awaken mine and I knew what was happening to me. Kundalini is definitely not for everyone.