PDA

View Full Version : Fringe, the TV show on FOX

sdbl731
24th September 2008, 01:07 AM
Has anyone seen it? What do you think? (I've only seen a few minutes of it)
Personally I think it's a bit far-fetched, but then again a month ago I might have said the same thing about some of the things I've read in these forums...

Andy

Fish
24th September 2008, 11:40 AM
I haven't seen it. What is the show about?

CFTraveler
24th September 2008, 12:22 PM
I've been watching it, and so far it's interesting. The story line is similar to the X-files in that it's about FBI agents investigating paranormal phenomena, but different in that they themselves (at least it starts out that way) are the ones with the paranormal experience.
This agent finds out her agent-boyfriend was working for some sort of 'covert ops' company called Massive Dynamics that is using fringe science to achieve their nefarious ends. He dies (or so we think) so she finds this 'mad scientist' that was put in a mental hospital because of his lack of perspective, so to speak. He helps her find out 'what it's about', and she ends up teamed up with his son, who is also 'mad scientisty' and is the only person that can handle the old scientist (mad geniuses get into all kinds of trouble, being that they can outsmart anyone in charge of them) and together they go on investigating 'paranormal-type' crimes.
It doesn't have the 'mysterious-y' appeal the X files did (so far) but so far I've liked what I've seen.
The only thing that annoys me about it is the way they stick 3-D graphics in the middle of the scenery to tell you where they are or what day it is.
Other than that I give it a thumbs up.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Fish
24th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Sounds pretty cool