PDA

View Full Version : Strong sensory experiences

Korpo
25th September 2008, 08:15 PM
Today after meditating I had a fun experience with sparkly water. On each sip I could feel all the tiny bubbles all over my mouth, how they burst, like never before. I took the glass in small sips just to enjoy this pleasant yet simple experience. Fun! :D

Reminds me of another experience where one day in the past the act of eating my usual breakfast suddenly turned into a taste explosion. It was clearly the same food, but my sense of taste was so much refined, it was really joyful.

How about others here - similar experiences?

Oliver

CFTraveler
25th September 2008, 08:32 PM
Putting my fingers in running water (preferably warm). It's indescribable.

ButterflyWoman
26th September 2008, 12:00 AM
I have this occasionally. I recall one time in the shower I was just completely elated by the feel of the warm water flowing over my skin. It was almost euphoric, just the simple feeling of the water.

And sometimes when I pet my cat it's intensely pleasurable. It can be emotional, physical, mental, and even spiritual, just the simple act of petting the cat (doesn't happen every time I pet her, though). Possibly this is because my cat and I really do have an unusual kind of "connection" such as I've rarely had with any companion animal.

There have been other times when I was just overwhelmed by some sensual experience, too. Sometimes when I get into bed and lie down I feel incredibly grateful to have a comfortable bed, but that may be the fact that I'm getting old.... ;)

amazingjourney
26th September 2008, 03:18 AM
Oh ya! I remember five years ago when I first had peak experience from meditation, my first biggest discovery was that food became so delicious. Every bite is just so tasty which I never noticed before. This is one of the things on my list of discovery about meditatiion. Others are:

1. Doing every thing slowly as if in slow motion but get so content and joyful in every step.
2. Geneuinely interested in talking to other people and listening to them.
3. Feeling like to smile all day long. The muscle on my face just felt like to smile all the time for no reason at all.
4. Thoughts was so quick and clear. Sometimes some realization of how things work are beyond words.
5. Intuition
6. People who are close to my heart came to my mind surprisingly more. Really really care about their well beings. Think a lot about how they feel and how things feel to them
7. Energy seemed to be drawn inward.
8. Don't like the need to listen to music. Feeling almost too noisy any type of music.
9. Drawn to the window and the night air and night sky. Sitting next to the window every night for hours and hours and amazed by how good it felt.
10. Going to work was no longer a dread every morning
11. Not interested in external things. Content with what I had.
12. No worry or fear like before
13. Prefer vegetarian than meat or poultry
14. Feeling like reborn
15. Like to clean. Like to organize things and put things in order.
16. Can't stand anyone being affected by anything emotionally or physically of any kind
17. Don't feel tired all day long

:D :D :D

Korpo
26th September 2008, 11:15 PM

I like really cold, natural water. Putting a finger into a creek, really, really cold. Can chill you to the bone, but I liked it. It's so - vital? Makes me feel my finger so strongly - until it goes numb that is. ;) What do you feel when you put yours in warm water? Is it a spreading feeling?

Oh, OW, there's nothing like dragging up the blanket around you and feel like falling into that, feeling the changes to trance, feeling sensations spread. I like to think of it as my Donald Duck moments, like him in the classic cartoons. Makes me feel wonderful all over.

amazingjourney - :shock: ! What a list! :)

I don't get what 16 is about, though. Can you explain?

Oliver

27th September 2008, 12:17 AM
Funnily enough, my most powerful sensory experience came from a lack of stimuli. During a power outage, I experienced almost indescribably relief from tension I never realised I had. Im very empathic and sensitive to electricity and other energies.. and the absense of them made the air feel cool, and taste sweet. It was one of the most refreshing, relaxing, comforting experiences #I've had.

amazingjourney
27th September 2008, 01:31 AM
16. Can't stand anyone being affected by anything emotionally or physically of any kind

I don't get what 16 is about, though. Can you explain?

Oliver

I get very sensitive about other people's feelings and can't stand people's suffering, probably because I see it as a disgrace of God's love and intention.

Nowadays I seemed to gradually get that suffering is there to bring out humanity and realization. It's like darkness versus light. If there is no darkness, the light will have nothing to shine through.

What is your take on suffering, Oliver? Why do animals have to suffer for our dining needs?

Funnily enough, my most powerful sensory experience came from a lack of stimuli. During a power outage, I experienced almost indescribably relief from tension I never realised I had. Im very empathic and sensitive to electricity and other energies.. and the absense of them made the air feel cool, and taste sweet. It was one of the most refreshing, relaxing, comforting experiences #I've had.

Ya, years ago when I was little back in my country. We went through a period of time when the electricity was shut off for the whole town to conserve energy, either just for two three hours every night or from there the whole night. People would flock out from their homes and just came out to the night outdoors. So everything electrical was not on. People hang ouot with their family outside. I remember this time. Everything felt so original and the experience was heart warming!

Korpo
27th September 2008, 07:17 AM
What is your take on suffering, Oliver? Why do animals have to suffer for our dining needs?

I'm eating as vegetarian as possible (some slipups when I want to taste something) - so I'd say they do not have to.

It would already be a great improvement, though, if we could reduce the suffering of animals that are used for food that would be great, too. I mean, if their life is okay for all but one day, isn't that a better life than being miserable all their lives for the sake of profit? If we would move cattle just back to a grass diet, not only their life would be better, but the whole production cycle wouldn't be bad for the climate and a drain on the water resources anymore and less grain would be wasted. They would even constitute healthier and tastier food. But for the sake of profit it is growth hormone, grain and antibiotics... :roll:

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
27th September 2008, 03:01 PM
I had one of these amazing sensory experiences today. I went to get a drink of cold water and the feeling of the water in my mouth and as it went down my throat was just amazing. Silky, cold, wet, it was just sensually completely delicious in every way. Mmmm. Cold water...

Korpo
27th September 2008, 05:17 PM
Amazing, isn't it? And it is the most normal thing in the world...

Oliver

Mishell
27th September 2008, 06:05 PM
I have this occasionally. I recall one time in the shower I was just completely elated by the feel of the warm water flowing over my skin. It was almost euphoric, just the simple feeling of the water.

I felt this one time in the shower too. But I was not standing under the water. All of a sudden I realized that I could feel the water hitting my aura. It was amazing and tickelly, and it gave me a shiver. Awsome! :D

CFTraveler
27th September 2008, 06:38 PM

I like really cold, natural water. Putting a finger into a creek, really, really cold. Can chill you to the bone, but I liked it. It's so - vital? Makes me feel my finger so strongly - until it goes numb that is. ;) What do you feel when you put yours in warm water? Is it a spreading feeling?

Oliver It's a feeling of pleasure that spreads all through my body. I can't describe it other than flowing and a sort of climax (not sexual) until I can't stand it and have to take my fingers out. It has to be running water, though.