PDA

View Full Version : Energetic Research into Chakras and Kundalini

Akkadian
15th October 2008, 02:16 PM
Several years ago, my wife and I undertook a research project, specifically to study the energetic, subtle reasons why crystals and minerals might have therapeutic properties – and if they did genuinely have them – why they did so. The research lasted 2 years and we believe we did get to the very foundation of the objective – and all forms of energetic healing in principle. The work was 95% the result of my partners’ acute clairvoyance – she can see instantly, subtle levels of reality and could look at a circumstance of a ‘healing session’ and would see the level of competence of the healer, the energy channels forming between their ‘patient’ and themselves, the thoughtforms used and the changes (if any) made in the energetic bodies of the ‘patient’. Interesting work…
Along the way we studied chakras; ignoring what other writers had previously written and what the ‘status quo’ would have us believe – instead we simply observed the actual reality of chakras as my wife can plainly see them. Much controversy was generated when we published our findings! We found that for instance, the chakras are a system that exists on three different subtle levels, that they do not possess (the generally accepted idea) single colours – and in fact they all do change colour quite regularly, depending on circumstances. We found that they can not be ‘unbalanced’ (and thus the claims of some folk that they can balance your chakras needs discrimination…), they can not be blocked (ditto) and neither can they be ‘cleared’ either… The facts are that they act as transformers to exchange millions (literally) of different types of subtle energies from lower levels to higher levels and vice versa. When someone diagnoses that one or other chakra is misaligned or unbalanced – the truth is that they are actually sensing one or other types of subtle energy have become miscoded – so it’s not the chakra (which is more akin to a door with channels passing through it) – but the energy inside it…
When someone works on a chakra – they don’t – they actually work on an energy inside it… etc…
However, the really interesting study came when we discovered that chakras are not the only energetic structure present in their location – and that they actually have no relevance in the spiritual development of man… That’s a big statement, it has huge implications.
Let me explain why…

We found that, in keeping with exoteric science principles, energy can be perceived in two ways – by the strength of vibrations it has and by the frequency of those vibrations. There are 7 main chakras in the human energetic system; each of these permits the entrance of subtle energies which have specific strengths of vibration. Therefore – energies that can enter through the heart chakra – cannot enter the base chakra as they are of a different strength of vibration. So , all the different energies which can pass through chakras – do so solely on the strength of their vibration.
Now we come to the other side of the coin; the frequency of vibration. Imagine that you have fourteen coins on a table and that you arrange them as seven piles of two coins each, laid out in a straight line. The top coin represents the chakra, but there is another coin, hidden from view underneath it. These second coins represent a different energetic structure; we called it the ‘Psychic Energy Structure’.
It permits the entrance of energies into its system relative to their frequency of vibration. It also has a a function of ‘charging’ them; so they might enter in one condition and leave in a stronger, more vitalised form as a result of their being charged. It is this structure that is the true origin of mans spiritual development and his / her abilities. Surrounding the Psychic Energy Structure is a special channel of energy that travels interweaving up and then again interweaving back down the structure and as it does so – it forms seven ‘centres’. These, we called the Psy centres. This ‘special energy’ we called ‘Psychic Energy’ – it is perhaps also known as Kundalini; but we opted to use a new name because there would be too many stereotype thoughts which would confuse the subject if we had used its’ common name.
So - at 'first sight', when a clairvoyant might look at someone's chakras - they may not necessarily realize that there are 2 energy centres in the same place - and to our knowledge we don't think anyone else has published this concept. Although the researcher, geoffrey Hodson came close to it - he even had a picture drawn of a Psychic Energy Structure in a Kundalini Deva in his book 'Kingdom of the Gods' - this picture is very similar to that that my wife drew of the PSE. Geoffrey published his picture nearly 60 years ago.

I’ll come back to describe more when I have the time.

Kind regards

A.

Korpo
15th October 2008, 05:32 PM
That is very interesting indeed.

So, for practical purposes it wouldn't matter if you discerned between chakras (the gateways) and the underlying "Psychic Energy Structure", right? (What people usually don't discern when they do healing.)

But what have found about how this structure changes and under what circumstances? Is its makeup identical to our "personality" or what is it?

Oliver

Akkadian
15th October 2008, 07:47 PM
I'll be happy to cover more detail - just a little busy at the moment - watch this space...

A.

Akkadian
17th October 2008, 09:51 AM
So, for practical purposes it wouldn't matter if you discerned between chakras (the gateways) and the underlying "Psychic Energy Structure", right? (What people usually don't discern when they do healing.)

Well, yes and no – generally as most people won’t realize they work on subtle energies inside chakras rather than the chakras themselves – that won’t negate the work they can do, but on the other hand – if they knew about this – and they understood exactly what they actually do – and hold this knowledge at the time of their work – I can only think their efficacy would dramatically increase. There are special reasons for this that relate to the deeper details of the Psychic Energy Structure – but it would take a long time to describe that here, at the moment; in time I hope to cover this depth.

But what have found about how this structure changes and under what circumstances? Is its makeup identical to our "personality" or what is it?

The chakra structure or the psychic energy structure? – Chakras do not change in any way, they are simply doors that allow passage of different energies. Their colours ‘appear’ to change though – but on very deep study, we realized the colours are all about the ‘at the time’ dominant energy – all the subtle energies have a colour to the clairvoyant. Yet due to a condition of health – one or other energies would be dominant at the time of study – and this is what gives the chakra its ‘overall’ colour or hue. As our health perpetually changes all the time – so can the dominant colour change in each chakra. Believe me – this took a long time to grasp! In respect of the psychic energy structure – it doesn’t change – only the energies prevalent change in direct mirror image to our level of development – and yes – our personality (which is really our ‘outer clothing’ in a sense).

The Psychic Energy Structure (PSE) is a series of seven energetic centres set in the same location as the seven main chakras. It has a channel of (psychic) energy that travels up the structure interweaving as it does until it reaches the top of the crown and then correspondingly, travels back down interweaving around the seven ‘psy’ centres to the base once more. Different subtle energies are present for variable periods of time in these psy centres; their presence being relative to their frequency of vibration (as opposed to the strength of vibration in reference to chakras). The psychic energy has several qualities, firstly it has an action to charge or revitalise the energies present in any of the psy centres, and second it is extremely important to our thoughtform creation and development. We can not think without the involvement of psychic energy being involved (generally unbeknown to us). However it also has other qualities too; it is used instantly we wish to perform any conscious action of our body, we use it whenever we concentrate. To see this in an exercise – try to move any muscle or limb in your body – without thinking about doing so; it can’t be done – but now try a different exercise – how about you choose to lift a relatively heavy object… When you do so – pay attention to what your mind does when you begin the lift… especially if you don’t quite realize that the object is as heavy as it is… when we need ‘more power’ – we concentrate our attention fixedly in the exercise of the lift… At that time we are generating and using tremendous psychic energy – which is manifesting in the available ‘power’ we discharge in the lift…
Psychic energy is also used in advanced psychic abilities – such as telekinesis and levitation etc – but I won’t write about that subject here as the word ‘responsibility’ enters the frame…
It can also have three different conditions; ‘unrealized inactivated’ the first one – where most folk engage with it. ‘Realized inactivated’, where folk begin to consciously engage with it, and ‘realized activated’ – where it is used by advanced students of occultism. All circumstances where psychic abilities are used – of any description; psychic energy is used in its second and third forms.
So it’s quite special. A lot has been written about Kundalini; it is said to enable one with great expansion of the minds’ abilities and also to be extremely destructive to those that ‘are not ready’ for it… Such a statement implies ‘you’ and ‘it’ to be very separate things – I perceive it very differently by contrast. ‘It’ and ‘you’ are one. Yet – as ‘you’ become more aware of true reality, you become more aware of ‘it’ and this has a positive, cumulative effect to increase psychic awareness (for want of a better term…).
That’s all for the moment – work takes my attention away.

A.

Korpo
17th October 2008, 12:12 PM
To see this in an exercise – try to move any muscle or limb in your body – without thinking about doing so; it can’t be done

I disagree. Of course this can be done without thought. Taiji movements can be done in perfect stillness of the mind. So it can be done. It is however not the common or average case, hence it is seldom observed.

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
17th October 2008, 12:32 PM
There are many movements that we make without thinking about them, or at least without conscious thought. Most people don't think about how to walk, for example. They just do it. The same is true for me with touch typing, which I've been doing for some thirty years now (yikes, I really am old!). I don't ever, ever, EVER think about how to type. I think only of the words I want to use and my fingers automatically produce them on the screen in front of me. In fact, as I type this, I'm actually noticing this and thinking how very cool it is, the almost effortless translation of my verbal thoughts into words....

Also, what about things such as automatic writing? That's supposed to be unconscious, i.e., not thought about. Some people even apparently do it in their sleep.

Please note that I'm not arguing at all, and I find this all extremely interesting. I just don't entirely agree that we must "think" about every movement. I can think of endless examples of how this is not the case, and we do things without thinking about them at all.

Akkadian
17th October 2008, 02:08 PM
Ah,

Well - I see your point(s) - however would you not agree that thought precedes all conscious movements?

Thought is a most interesting study; there is no such thing as original thought - in that before you can think of something - you must first have been thinking of something else that led you to think about the new thing... I am typing on my keyboard here and now - but as much as I don't significantly think about every keystroke - I know that the action is just the material expression of a subtle change that has taken place 'inside'. I think what I am saying and type it as such - just as I drive my car (apparently subconsciously) - there has to be some measure of conscious thought involved because of potential incidents of my bumping into something etc... We cannot switch over to autopilot 100% - perhaps 98% or so maybe - but conscious thought always has to control it.

A.

ButterflyWoman
17th October 2008, 02:24 PM
would you not agree that thought precedes all conscious movements?
Well, yes. I do believe that thought is actually the basis for all things that manifest. After all, I wasn't born knowing how to touch type. When I first started doing it so many years ago, I really DID have to think about it. And I thought about it enough and practiced it enough that it became something I no longer had to think about.

I think that's probably true for all kinds of manifestation of thought into material reality.

:)

Korpo
17th October 2008, 02:34 PM
Oh, I wasn't really talking about auto-pilot. That is slightly the wrong metaphor. You commit something to "muscle memory" till you *could* do it in your sleep, but you still do it fully consciously. That's why Taiji can act as a meditation vehicle - you can move in stillness and focus your awareness.

I agree on the concentration, but I disagree on thought. Thought is only one part of mental activity, and not the only way to express intention. The intention exists before the thought, and the mind acts and exists even without thought. So maybe intention precedes thought?

I know of meditation techniques that try to find the "origin of thought" or the "origin of action" by careful observation. According to those techniques you can find something that precedes thoughts and action, a moment when the intention is formed at a different level before it is even expressed as thought and/or action.

Bruce Moen has also an exercise on this because this kind of consciousness that expresses pure intent can be used for manifesting and expressing intent clearly in altered states of consciousness.

But that is really sidetracking your main point. Please keep on writing about your findings when you have the time.

I wanted to add that Robert Bruce perceives the colors of the aura to be in flux and the current (mind?) state of a person defining which aura colors predominate. I'm sure this relates to your findings of which energies predominate in a person.

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
17th October 2008, 02:37 PM
Please keep on writing about your findings when you have the time.
I second that. As I noted, I find it extremely interesting.

Timotheus
18th October 2008, 06:55 PM
:D

Akkadian
19th October 2008, 06:22 PM
I wanted to add that Robert Bruce perceives the colors of the aura to be in flux and the current (mind?) state of a person defining which aura colors predominate. I'm sure this relates to your findings of which energies predominate in a person.Oliver

I exactly concur. We might vary the terminology and description perhaps - to a point but the principles are the same. Our feelings and thoughts constantly change and this constantly reflects throughout our inner vehicles and their auras.

I'll write more when I have more time - this weekend fixing the mechanics of my wife's old car; a true test of karma yoga!

A.

iadnon
19th October 2008, 08:45 PM
Hi:

Well, what I'm going to tell is based on what I've read about the subject.

The chakras (or God's jewels) are doors to their correspondent planes. So, muladhara, Kundalini's nest, connects us with the earthly energies. Swadisthana (located in the navel) does so, but with the energies of the lower astral plane... and so on.

It seems that every chakra, even if it's located in its corresponding plane, has a counterpart in the rest of the planes. So, there would be seven Muladharas, seven Swadisthanas and so on. Maybe that's the explanation for the "underlying" energy centers. Anyway, the main function of each one of them would be in the appropriate plane.

About the colors of the chakras, there are different color scales for them. Aleyster Crowley gathered that information in his 777 book. Anyway, we have to bear in mind that the images that a "viewer" sees have to pass through his/her brain, processing the information in some certain way. So to say, it is interpreted based on that person's knowledge baggage.

Greetings.

Akkadian
20th October 2008, 01:39 PM
Many people follow what others have said or written about chakras, many people also follow traditional beliefs too. However we are (sometimes albeit very slowly) progressing forwards in evolution and as a result - our old knowledge becomes replaced with new knowledge as we develop as a race.
It was once commonly believed that the Earth was flat and that it was possible to sail off the edge :) - but great explorers circumnavigated the globe and taught us that the planet is spherical and not flat. I once had a PC with a 1mb hard disk in it, I thought it was wonderful at the time... now I have one with 500 x that and I think it is wonderful. Ten years from now I can't begin to imagine what will exist. Our technology and our knowledge constantly progress. Could it not be that traditional knowledge about chakras is at best, incomplete? Wouldn't you agree that to be likely?
I don't dare suggest that all that I hold to be true - is actually true; but I would like to think this combination of chakras and the PSE with its "Kundalini" snake wrapped around it, is pretty close; it makes sense to me anyway. The definition is where others examine as deeply as they can and find mutual conclusions, but people need the thought to do so. I'd like to promote such thinking.

A.

Timotheus
20th October 2008, 02:39 PM

Timotheus
20th October 2008, 03:06 PM

Akkadian
20th October 2008, 09:03 PM
I hope you have read this with as open a mind as that which you have sought. I mean no offense and so no reason for defense.

My worthy interlocutor, I take no offence - we are but two minds engaged in discussion - without which, perhaps one or both might not move that fraction further forwards in evolution. I take enjoyment and fervour in such debates.

I perceive that your reply might contain many of your own opinions - which others may not necessarily share:

This "traditional beliefs" as you so lightly put it, are not beliefs at all that are based upon mankinds derivitive sowing. when you speak of, or work with such as is this topic, you are speaking and working with reaped gnosis from creation (universal law).

I don't mean to extract this paragraph out of context – but I take it that you therefore have good cause to accept that all current esoteric knowledge is irrefutable fact? I am inclined to disagree if that is the case. Where one group of people might study reality; they might achieve conclusions about life; but it is only as much as they are actually capable of. Another group of people might have further spiritual development and thus they may arrive at knowledge in excess of the first group. Are we then to think that the first group are wrong in their assumption? - No – we can't – for they could only go as far as they were capable at the time.
If this subject is gnosis from creation; surely there is more? We can not surely believe we are atop all universal knowledge; personally speaking – as much as I discover – I yet further realize there is so much more.

Let me put my concept plainly and simply; would it be so wrong for mankind now to discover (or perhaps more truthfully – rediscover) that we don't only possess a chakra structure but also another energetic structure in the same place which actually deals with our spiritual development – hitherto accepted to be solely relative to chakras? The latter of course, I might add, by far the majority of our brothers & sisters neither see let alone understand.

A.

Akkadian
20th October 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm pleased to say I have found an online picture copy of Geoffrey Hodsons' Kundalini Deva:

http://people.tribe.net/karina/photos/3 ... 8007c1ad17 (http://people.tribe.net/karina/photos/32c33e7f-5573-4edc-b072-588007c1ad17)

This image shows a series of seven energy centres with an intertwining channel of energy around them - going up and then intertwining returning down again, it was published in 1952. It is very, very similar to the images my wife sees and has drawn in study of the PSE. It even shows there are two different colours to the energy channel when going up and returning back down; again a similar story.

A.

Korpo
21st October 2008, 08:36 AM
I am inclined to disagree if that is the case. Where one group of people might study reality; they might achieve conclusions about life; but it is only as much as they are actually capable of. Another group of people might have further spiritual development and thus they may arrive at knowledge in excess of the first group. Are we then to think that the first group are wrong in their assumption? - No – we can't – for they could only go as far as they were capable at the time.

My experience seems to be that even highest attainments in spiritual development do not induce better knowledge skills. I have read about spiritual masters from India and China and wherever say about their school that this is the highest practice and that is the best technique based on solid "science", and that it is better than that technique and whatever. I do not doubt their spiritual attainment - some are even true saints and holy men - but their practical insight in this.

Because they cannot be all right at the same time, and still they all share the God communion. As far as I can see higher spiritual development does not make you infallible, it just removes you back into the primordial state of creativity, non-dualistic peace and intuition. They are uncanny in their ability to detect what a person needs and leading them there if the seeker lets them, led there by the currents of the Universe and the divine will they now reside in. But they do not have superior knowledge beyond what their own explorations and skills and abilities provide them. At least it appears to me like that.

Sri Yukteshwar for example, Yogananda's teacher, is said by some to have created individual practices for different people. Also the Buddha did tailor his teachings to different people. Still people run around and say this practice is the best Buddhist practice or that this kind of Kriya Yoga is the highest, when clearly originators and illuminated masters found it necessary to make adaptations.

So, even though I expect in general a deeper and more guided teaching from a more realized person, I don't think developing spiritually will yield "the right answers" necessarily. Knowledge in this context seems to be still highly subjective and filtered through cultural context. Else the Indian saints would not devote themselves to the 1,000 different aspects of God while the Daoists devote themselves to unity with a Dao which does not have any anthropomorphic features. Since both teachings can lead to God communion, what is the difference than how you were cultured? So is this subjective knowledge truth and what is then actually false?

Oliver

Akkadian
21st October 2008, 12:21 PM
:lol: Well put! I agree entirely.

A.

Timotheus
21st October 2008, 01:54 PM

Korpo
21st October 2008, 03:27 PM
Interesting reading, but I cannot fully follow. :)

Oliver

amazingjourney
21st October 2008, 04:28 PM
This is indeed very interesting! If there are two different forces at play: strength and frequency of the energy flows, what are the implication to our practice? Is the goal to match the right strength to the right chakra and increase the frequency of the energy flow that come into the chakras? What would be a good practice technique?

Korpo
21st October 2008, 04:32 PM
But didn't clairvoyants see strength (amount) and frequency (color) of energy?

It indeed begs the question what would be the best use of this knowledge, how to effectively find out what energy is needed where.

Oliver

Timotheus
21st October 2008, 04:57 PM

Akkadian
23rd October 2008, 01:47 PM
But didn't clairvoyants see strength (amount) and frequency (color) of energy?

If you stand on a beach and look out to sea, there are waves on the beach and these lap at your feet. The size of the waves reflects the strength of vibration that the water is carrying; the speed at which they reach the beach (the gap in between each wave) reflects their frequency. Colour is not always significant in frequency.

Some clairvoyants no doubt have seen some aspects of the PSE; G, Hodson for one and perhaps CW Leadbeater too, I vaguely recall seeing a diagram he had drawn that appeared in AE Powell’s ‘The Etheric Double’ – in fact I think it was on the cover of the copy I once had – an early hardback edition with a dustjacket – not the later paperback version with no cover image. This diagram showed channels of energy seeming to connect each ‘chakra’ – or traveling from one chakra then to another and so on. I myself, in my early years of exploration in this study remember seeing what I at the time described as a river flowing from my heart (anahata) chakra to the throat (visuddha). I now realize it wasn’t what I at the time had believed it to be. I recall it flowed ‘upwards’ and appeared to ‘pulse’ – definitely showing a frequency of movement along its channel. No doubt it’s still there – but I haven’t looked at it in years.

It indeed begs the question what would be the best use of this knowledge, how to effectively find out what energy is needed where.

When we studied chakras in depth, we arrived at very different conclusions to the accepted ideas of holistic circles. My wife studied firstly their energetic anatomical structure. Each of the main seven, she perceived to have many channels both exiting and entering them. These channels would connect up with major organs (and parts of organs) and systems of the physical body. Each channel consisted of many sub-channels, which in turn consisted of many micro-channels – and inside these were countless ‘threads’ which would connect with present cells of the tissues and organs, constantly changing as the cells form, exist and then end their temporary life. If one pictures the energetic vehicles of man as a system of countless billions of threads of light – it would portray an accurate impression.

This is indeed very interesting! If there are two different forces at play: strength and frequency of the energy flows, what are the implication to our practice? Is the goal to match the right strength to the right chakra and increase the frequency of the energy flow that come into the chakras? What would be a good practice technique?

This information, in practical terms should not really make much difference to any given practice that folk currently engage with; it will only benefit those that wish deeper study and understanding of the subject. That said, inevitably, if one acts with greater understanding of reality; one’s work can only be greater in effect as a result. I envisage – it really depends what you ‘do’.
Although chakras and the ‘psy centres’ of the PSE are inextricably connected and associated with one-another; I can’t help but intuit that if we were to perceive them as separate systems – it would be appropriate. Chakras, in my opinion are solely and only associated with the health and well being of the physical body; they have no connection to psychic or spiritual development, for these are attributed to the PSE. Yet, because so very little is written or has been published about the PSE; no one seems to realize this. If you take all the accepted ideas and theories regarding placement of qualities of psychic faculties (for example, visual clairvoyance through the brow or ajna chakra and clairaudience through the throat or visuddha chakra) and apply them actually to the psy centres of the PSE instead – I would consider this appropriate.
We have also studied in some depth the subject of thoughtforms and their creation. The PSE is intrinsically involved in the process; each thoughtform we create (in numbers from several hundred to perhaps tens of thousands per day – depending upon our personal circumstances) have psychic energy (aka Kundalini) in relative quantity. More of this to come...

A.

Aunt Clair
10th March 2009, 01:45 PM
Several years ago, my wife and I undertook a research project, specifically to study the energetic, subtle reasons why crystals and minerals might have therapeutic properties – and if they did genuinely have them – why they did so. The research lasted 2 years and we believe we did get to the very foundation of the objective – and all forms of energetic healing in principle. The work was 95% the result of my partners’ acute clairvoyance – she can see instantly, subtle levels of reality and could look at a circumstance of a ‘healing session’ and would see the level of competence of the healer, the energy channels forming between their ‘patient’ and themselves, the thoughtforms used and the changes (if any) made in the energetic bodies of the ‘patient’. Interesting work…
Along the way we studied chakras; ignoring what other writers had previously written and what the ‘status quo’ would have us believe – instead we simply observed the actual reality of chakras as my wife can plainly see them. Much controversy was generated when we published our findings! We found that for instance, the chakras are a system that exists on three different subtle levels, that they do not possess (the generally accepted idea) single colours – and in fact they all do change colour quite regularly, depending on circumstances.

I would be interested in comparing results and methods . I am also undertaking ongoing energy body research . And I am curious about your findings .

So - at 'first sight', when a clairvoyant might look at someone's chakras - they may not necessarily realize that there are 2 energy centres in the same place - and to our knowledge we don't think anyone else has published this concept. I find that the chakras can be clairvoyantly viewed as having single , double or quadruple aspects and that the budding of the chakras is commensurate with the development of the energy body of that human . There is a predictable continuum of development which I am mapping out, to the best of my ability .
I published my findings on chakral doubling in August 2007 or earlier ,
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... ml#msg5182 (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1870.msg5182.html#msg5182)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9003&hilit=stage+ii (http://temporary.forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9003&hilit=stage+ii)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8770&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=stage+ii&start=30 (http://temporary.forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8770&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=stage+ii&start=30)