PDA

View Full Version : Left In the Dark

CFTraveler
17th October 2008, 11:39 PM
by Tony Wright.
Has anyone read it? The description sounds very compelling:
"It does so by challenging one previously unchallenged assumption - that we are now at the peak of human cognitive ability. By showing how our brain function may have actually deteriorated over the last 200,000 years, ECR research also provides us with clues as to how we may return to the peak of our human potential. "
I'm considering getting it but would like to hear from someone who has read it first.

They have a website too but I haven't had the time to go through it.

WaltODim
28th July 2009, 11:54 PM
They are discussing the possibility of a devolution; after a change in diet about 150,000 yrs ago we stopped evolving and due to higher steroid activity the process reversed in a downward spiral. From having one functional brain, the left hemisphere became damaged which eventually lead to suppression and a shut out of the right hemisphere and a degeneration of consciousness. An interesting read on consciousness and biochemistry which suggests a need to shift the cerebral balance - we can access the right hemisphere through meditation, sleep deprivation, photo reading (full focus!), rituals, drugs etc, but how do we sustain the reversal?

CFTraveler
29th July 2009, 12:49 AM
I know what it's about, but did you read it? Did you like it? Is it worth the money?

WaltODim
29th July 2009, 11:05 PM
Oh, yes I found it interesting. Since the bulk basically is biochemistry and its effects on our being, I suppose that could be a deciding factor? Even though I've experimented with diets, I had no deeper knowledge on the subject and found a lot of new things to research and explore.

Beekeeper
30th July 2009, 11:32 AM
Just checking out the webpage. It is interesting.

Timotheus
1st August 2009, 03:17 AM
:D

googolplex
1st August 2009, 03:55 AM
They are discussing the possibility of a devolution; after a change in diet about 150,000 yrs ago we stopped evolving and due to higher steroid activity the process reversed in a downward spiral. From having one functional brain, the left hemisphere became damaged which eventually lead to suppression and a shut out of the right hemisphere and a degeneration of consciousness. An interesting read on consciousness and biochemistry which suggests a need to shift the cerebral balance - we can access the right hemisphere through meditation, sleep deprivation, photo reading (full focus!), rituals, drugs etc, but how do we sustain the reversal?

I don't know about all this, a person is born with two brains at least most are, the left and right hemisphere, thru out the day you have what is called mood swings, this is when one hemisphere allows the other to take over control, till again switched another mood swing.

About sleep deprivation if you stay awake for very long time, these mood swings start to occurr a lot closer together, because the brain is tired. If you stay awake for 4 days you will be into full blown hallucinations, the world no longer seems real and the voices talking in your head.
If you stay awake long enough you die.
You can use big magnet to influence the hemispheres also, just don't leave it on one side to long.

What you need to do is get your 2 Brains to work together, if person lives lie this will not happen, all those little egos working in there, the other brain knows what the other is thinking, doing ,you can't hide from self, which is what the 2 brains are your self.
Some times in medical procedure they sever the connection between the 2 hemispheres of the brain, this is total chaos in most cases, as each brain fights for control.

As the Christ said you must become of ONE mind, remove the lies, conflict, your mind dis likes falseness it works on Truthes.

I myself am evolving, if you care to Devolve you are free to do so.

googolplex
1st August 2009, 04:50 AM
I'm not sure but all the reviews said, book is great buy book will change your life, but isn't that what all the self help books say.

And this guy said he stayed up for 11 days, the world record is 8 days, is said you will die at 10 or 11 days without sleep.

I read "Ekart Tolles book A New Earth", that was enough for me to help change brain function.

I might read Left in the Dark, but not sure will like it, not being negative but if this guy stayed up 11 days he must be nuts.

I believe in being aware 24/7 but bodies need rest, this is interesting in New Testament, the Apostles while in prison, said they nolonger needed to sleep ( this is not direct quote) I wonder if they rested their bodies, sleeping body but awake aware mind.

googolplex
1st August 2009, 05:22 AM
Well not to keep jumping in here , but seems I may have been very, very wrong in my statements of this book. It appears this fellow condons a fruitarian diet, so seems I am ahead of the game some what because as I have all ready stated I was a fruitarian.

I now say yes by all means read this book, if he is indeed a fruitarian it is quite possible he could have stayed up for 11 days

With out reading this book myself , would say you will be amazed, I'm going to buy it myself.

But like stated be fore I was a student of Carrington, this is really great, goes to show I should keep mouth shut, till know all the facts.

I will add one more thing it is very hard to become fruitarian, i'm not just saying this, but good luck, it is good you feel light, you gain health, plus much, much more.

Well I'm going to go kick myself.

WaltODim
1st August 2009, 01:16 PM
:) Yes, it's mainly the chemical effects and steroid-suppressing abilities of fruits, and that we're a fruitarian species. I wouldn't exactly say that this is a "self-help book", though, they're explaining the theory but there's still a lot that needs to be tested in practice.

Regarding the hemispheres, they presume that the left is damaged due to steroid activity and want to shift dominance to the right. "Our" reality is the left hemisphere reality, a world it will lie and fight to keep intact.

One of the sources, perhaps the main source, of the innate fear the left hemisphere feels is based on an anxiety about, or a suspicion of, the right hemisphere self

They are discussing transcranial magnetic stimulation and effects of weaker electro-magnetic fields to investigate their theories more easily.

My brain probably deteriorated a fair bit last night. :(

googolplex
1st August 2009, 02:46 PM
:) Yes, it's mainly the chemical effects and steroid-suppressing abilities of fruits, and that we're a fruitarian species. I wouldn't exactly say that this is a "self-help book", though, they're explaining the theory but there's still a lot that needs to be tested in practice.

Regarding the hemispheres, they presume that the left is damaged due to steroid activity and want to shift dominance to the right. "Our" reality is the left hemisphere reality, a world it will lie and fight to keep intact.

One of the sources, perhaps the main source, of the innate fear the left hemisphere feels is based on an anxiety about, or a suspicion of, the right hemisphere self

They are discussing transcranial magnetic stimulation and effects of weaker electro-magnetic fields to investigate their theories more easily.

My brain probably deteriorated a fair bit last night. :(

I have not read this book but think I have the jist of it now, much of this is new territory.

One of the things about fruit diet, even eating fruit and nuts the nuts are incomplete protein, the greens are very important as brain food, and must fill in some of the protein gaps. kale is rated as one of the highest nutrition dence foods available. Some might not approve but I use Bee pollen to fix the protein problem.

The other thing I spoke of getting the two brains to work together, I beleive this can be done and you become a more well balanced person. It seems one of my brains in the past has over ride capablity, as took control and saved me from harm.

Sorry about any dig.

Beekeeper
30th September 2009, 10:13 AM
Did you end up reading it, CF?

CFTraveler
30th September 2009, 01:07 PM
No. When I have more coffee, I'll give you my reasons.