PDA

View Full Version : Futuristic dreams

Korpo
20th October 2008, 11:08 AM
I had weird dreams a couple days ago. In fact, now I'm no longer sure it were dreams...

The first one was the most confusing. I must have been interpreting it while I was having it, but what I made of it did not seem to relate to the actual content of the dream... :?

The dream was like this: Somehow we(?) were members of an archeological dig in the middle of an arctic nowhere. We dug in the snow and found boxes. We found smaller boxes, and they had the size and shape (but not the usual adorations) of coffins for babies - and at this point the part of my mind that was interpreting the dream was getting off on its own interpretation. My mind was really stuck on this baby idea, even though the rest of the dream did not relate.

Actually each of these small boxes seemed to contain strange, black, possibly metallic devices, that seemed to somehow fit together. More like an assembly kit for a highly refined robot, like sleek black limbs with strange connectors. But my mind was so busy with the baby idea it tried to interpret it as something with what you can take care for babies. As if anybody built black futuristic robotic baby care devices... :shock:

In the other one I was one of two people building a big "space suit" for an ambassador to another planet. It was one of the kind where you have one big transparent orb on the top. It felt a bit makeshift. I donned it to test it, and that gave me the claustrophobic creeps, I tell you. Being in there inside, and all the space I have around me is this orb - yuck. I felt really sorry for the ambassador who had to wear this for the ceremony, but the ambassador (who might have been of some alien race) consoled me and told me not to be sorry. She (I think it was a she) was used to this, did this before and did not mind. I had the impression of a very caring and gentle creature, that's why I had felt especially sorry for her.

The dreams were strange as if they were telling episodes out of lives I just happened to experience, altering them a bit by my emotional responses. It felt not really like the typical symbolic dreams I have but - I cannot explain why - like reliving a "real" experience and overlaying it with my emotional interpretations.

Oliver