PDA

View Full Version : Zero Point Energy

Akashic_Librarian
29th December 2005, 06:52 PM
Too complicated to explain, but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and also if you have heard a thoery that it can be generated with Psychic will power.

Quantitativefool
29th December 2005, 10:52 PM
Hahah, too complicated to explain indeed! Aside from strictly particle stuff this is one thing I've looked into quite a bit. In it's most simple (but debatable form) it is that from a point of nothingness there is an infinite amount of extractable energy. Eh? Simple at first, until you realize the complexities of nothing. Either way, there are some theories that state that if you could use your mind (either by transmitted brainwaves, focus/intent, will, anything like that) you would be able to draw upon that power to influence our reality. Such as programming the energy to do something like...gather together and combust. However, it's a very wavering theory due to the fact that we can't measure 'nothingness' and the closest thing we can actually measure to this effect is blackholes that have points of 'infinite' density...kinda on the other side of the spectrum.

Hope this may clarify a bit to others?
-Stu

Chris
2nd January 2006, 05:19 PM
Zero point energy might simply be a phenomenon of our limited understanding of QM.

To steal a quote on this:

In quantum mechanics, the minimal possible value of the total (kinetic and potential) energy of a physical system is usually bigger than the minimal value allowed by classical mechanics. The difference is called the zero-point energy.
In simple systems, such as a particle in a potential well, the zero-point energy can be understood in terms of the uncertainty principle. In classical mechanics, the total energy is minimal when the particle is localized at a point where the potential energy is minimal, and has zero momentum. However, in quantum mechanics, a localized particle has a large uncertainty in momentum, contributing to its kinetic energy; on the other hand, if the particle has zero momentum, it must be spread over a large region of space, picking up an extra amount of potential energy.

What this is saying is that due to the uncertainty principle, we can’t actually say for definite where a particle is, so we can’t know when it reaches the point where it’s energy is minimal.
For example, imagine a ‘U’ shape where a ball is rolled down one side and momentum takes it part way up the other. It’ll keep going back and forth like this until it comes to rest. The point where the ball has the least potential energy (kinetic, gravitational, potential etc) is at the absolute bottom of the ‘U’.
If we can’t say for certain where the ball is (as we can’t break the uncertainty principle) then there is a difference in total energy value of the system when compared with one where we do know where the ball is (because if we can't say exactly where the ball is, it could be said to fluctuate over a range of possible values). This difference of energy between a quantum system (Where we can't know where the ball is exactly) and a classical system (where we can say where the ball is) is called Zero point energy.

I'm not sure if an energy differential which might be based on our primitive view of quantum particles could be said to have any effect on psychic phenomena.

Ascendant
2nd January 2006, 09:31 PM
Too complicated to explain, but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and also if you have heard a thoery that it can be generated with Psychic will power.

Interesting idea. I have not heard of such a theory, but when you mentioned it I came up with a possible means by which it could be done. Let me explain.

According to part of quantum theory, if you were to look at the smallest possible scale of matter, you would see quarks, leptons, photons, gravitic forces, and other particles and forces appearing and disappearing randomly and without known cause. This nexus of randomly acting particles and forces is called quantum foam. This almost always cancels itself out in the larger world, producing the uniform forces of gravity, electromagnetic force, and also the uniform and predictable features of matter. This is why the models of classical physics apply on the macroscopic scale, but do not apply on the nanoscopic scale.

What governs the coming and going of these particles and forces is called probablility. It is probable that the electrons that constantly vanish about the orbit of an atom will return to the same orbit from which they came. However, it is technically possible for them to appear around another atom, or even a lightyear away. Possible, but very improbable. The same is true with every particle and force.

We predict the average of these fluctuations and call these predictions the laws of classical physics. But they are not inviolable. Even though we know the average of the fluctuations, we do not know--we cannot predict--what a specific small-scale particle or force will do in the next instant. We know of nothing that causes them to act in the way that they do other than probability, which only governs their averages.

But there is evidence that "psychic willpower," as you put it, can influence these random particle fluctuations. Several iterations of one experiment with random number generators (RNGs) were done, using the particles emitted by the radioactive decay of an isotope to produce the random sequences of 1's and 0's. When an isotope decays, particles are emitted in such a way that their average is reflected by laws of probability. However, it is impossible to predict the action of any individual particle. Therefore, they are perfect for providing true randomness for the RNG.

The participants in this experiment were told to try to influence the number generation, using only willpower, to produce more 1's than 0's, or vice versa. The end results showed that the number generation was statistically relevant, meaning that the participants succeeded in their efforts.

So the question is, did they influence the particles emitted by the decay of the isotope? Or did they alter the much more complicated structure of the machine, causing it to show a deviation from chance? Using Occam's Razor, I think we can deduct that they influenced the particles.

If this is true, then it means that we have power over the supposedly random actions of particles. This means that we do have the limited ability to cause energy to spontaneously appear in a certain place. Since the people in the RNG experiments were untrained in psi, others might obtain even better results. In fact, this might be behind any psi that affects physicality.

So, here's the short answer: Yes, it should be possible to obtain zero-point-energy by means of psi.

6th January 2006, 09:39 PM
For those of us who are zero-point ingnorant are there any zero-point links?

Chris
7th January 2006, 12:14 PM
John hutchinson claims to have exploited zero point energy in some of his experiments... Do a google search for the "hutchinson effect", or check out this: http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html

I don't think any of Hutchinson’s claims have been reproducible in any controlled way, and there is no evidence to suggest his claims have any scientific basis as yet. (I still can’t find any links to such evidence if some has come to light since I last looked this stuff up).
So it’s best to take his claims with a sceptical mindset.

Theres some stuff on wiki with links off to other pages on zero-point energy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy

mick
9th January 2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.calphysics.org/zpe.html

or the Stargate SG1 Science spin off episode :)

I don't think any of Hutchinson’s claims have been reproducible in any controlled way, and there is no evidence to suggest his claims have any scientific basis as yet. (I still can’t find any links to such evidence if some has come to light since I last looked this stuff up).
A while ago I saw video of film taken of the experiments. I was suspicious of how the objects floated. The point where the object sat on the table seemed to leave behind a mark. Gave me the idea that objects were blue tacked to a table which was being held upside down. Eventually they would detach and accelerate, the acceleration (gravity? ) was noticable from watching the video.

15th January 2006, 07:50 AM
http://www.calphysics.org/zpe.html

or the Stargate SG1 Science spin off episode :)

A while ago I saw video of film taken of the experiments. I was suspicious of how the objects floated. The point where the object sat on the table seemed to leave behind a mark. Gave me the idea that objects were blue tacked to a table which was being held upside down. Eventually they would detach and accelerate, the acceleration (gravity? ) was noticable from watching the video.

Thanks for that. :)

Akashic_Librarian
18th June 2006, 01:34 PM
I just watched The Incredibles and it mentioned Zero-Point Energy. Just a quick point there. But I have also been thinking about it. Zero point energy, in my opinion would have to be the binding force of the universe, because the theory of "Nothingness" could also mean, Everything, If you could harness ZP-energy wouldn't you tap into the power of, well, god I suppose. becuase you had infinte energy which could be used to create life, time, EVERYTHING!!!

Scorpyn
18th June 2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not really a Quantum Physics expert, but from the quote by Chris I'd like to make this my conclusion regarding this matter :

If you have an object, you can measure a bunch of stuff. For example, if you have an electric wire you could measure the voltage.

However, you can only measure the average voltage - not particle by particle. And if you did, you would notice that at least some of the particles wouldn't be cooperating very well, causing the total amount of electric energy to be lower than maximum.

In order to get the most out of it, you would have to make all particles work together (sort of like when using regular light and turning it into a laser, which as we all know can have quite a massive effects).

I suppose that it might be possible to affect this psychically (I believe so myself), but keep in mind that just because it's a possibility we shouldn't jump to conclusions without really knowing. That is because if we jump to conclusions from facts that we barely understand then people that do things that involve psychic stuff will never be taken seriously by most researchers :wink:

silvanus
23rd July 2006, 07:37 AM
from what i know, quantum physics (a 100 year old theory) is wrong as well as general relativity.

on the other hand they contain some right ideas.

for info on zero point reality, take a look at:

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

http://www.seaspower.com/

additionally, to have a refreshing overview on the universe and creation which converges spiritualism and the so called "real world" take a look at this:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~sai/goswam1.htm

cheers

wstein
24th July 2006, 06:31 AM
The layman's explanation is along the following lines:

There is in fact no empty space. All space is filled with energy composed mostly of virtual particles that only exist for extremely short periods of time (also known as quantum foam). Individually fleeting, the vast number of these virtual particles would seem to make them add up to a usable amount of energy. In a normal circumstances harnessing an energy would use it up (distribute diffusely, not destroyed). There are some arcane and truthfully not understood rules however that say that the energy of space can in fact can not be zero. Where it comes from no one knows. No amount of using this energy will reduce it to zero. So the implication is that there is an unlimited supply of energy at every point in space. Of course no one knows any practical way to actually use this energy.

Inx
3rd August 2006, 08:03 AM
I just read an interesting thing on crystalinks.com.

Gregg Braden, wrote a book called Awakening to Zero Point : The Collective Initiation.

Planet Earth is going through a Collective Initiation as frequency increases and Earth's magnetic field is slowing down. Earth's magnetic field will stop at 13 cycles per second - zero point magnetic field. By 2012 we reach 13 cycles per second. 13 = zero point. At that time - the planet will stop rotating on its axis - pole shift - souls will go to sleep or 3 days, after which the planet will spin in the opposite direction.

Throughout the ages, Initiates in the ancient civilizations throughout the planet were placed in chambers to bring them to a place of Zero Point Magnetics wherein they could experience and prepare for what the world will go through around 2012, which links to end time theories and the Mayan Calendar end date of December 21, 2012.

Initiations of this kind have always existed. It is written in many ancient texts - including the Dead Sea Scrolls - brought forth now for those who would awaken and come into greater understanding of the changes affecting us on every level. In ancient times people went to major grid points on the planet for initiations. Today many people still find a need for such journeys.

There were many initiations chambers along the Nile - linked to different gods and goddesses. With each initation - which could last days - weeks - months - or years - one would have to overcome the emotions linked to that god. For example, Sekhmet was a warrior goddess. Initiation in the temple of Sekhmet was above overcoming the warrior within you - or finding balance for it. Initiates worked their way along the Nile until they reached the Great Pyramid where they King's Chamber equated to Zero Point.

can anyone tell me if there are any real facts in these statements?

oath
13th August 2006, 05:57 PM
Hahah, too complicated to explain indeed! Aside from strictly particle stuff this is one thing I've looked into quite a bit. In it's most simple (but debatable form) it is that from a point of nothingness there is an infinite amount of extractable energy. Eh? Simple at first, until you realize the complexities of nothing. Either way, there are some theories that state that if you could use your mind (either by transmitted brainwaves, focus/intent, will, anything like that) you would be able to draw upon that power to influence our reality. Such as programming the energy to do something like...gather together and combust. However, it's a very wavering theory due to the fact that we can't measure 'nothingness' and the closest thing we can actually measure to this effect is blackholes that have points of 'infinite' density...kinda on the other side of the spectrum.

Hope this may clarify a bit to others?
-Stu

Nothingness? I recently came across some energy (or at least a clearer understanding of it) in which I am able to draw at great abundance (difficult to do) and then am able to form that energy into most anything I want, providing I have a clear understanding of what I want to form. Actually, all I have to do is have the right feeling, say for example I wanted to make love, I would grab this energy (in my mind i call this "reaching the calm center" for reason of what it feels like when doing it) and simply remember and feel what love is. Whats more, I recently discovered another thing, that this energy I speak of (I call it *magic/psychic/life energy/prana) seems to be the same energy that is used when doing energy work or when sudden boddily sensations come upon me, like when I go to the bathroom, or just all of a sudden (seemingly for no reason). How can there be nothingness? Could it just be that they dont see anything, and so they consider it nothingness do you think? Any comments on this please?

Ill have to look into this

wstein
14th August 2006, 07:14 AM
I just read an interesting thing on crystalinks.com.

Gregg Braden, wrote a book called Awakening to Zero Point : The Collective Initiation.

Planet Earth is going through a Collective Initiation as frequency increases and Earth's magnetic field is slowing down. Earth's magnetic field will stop at 13 cycles per second - zero point magnetic field. By 2012 we reach 13 cycles per second. 13 = zero point. At that time - the planet will stop rotating on its axis - pole shift - souls will go to sleep or 3 days, after which the planet will spin in the opposite direction.

Throughout the ages, Initiates in the ancient civilizations throughout the planet were placed in chambers to bring them to a place of Zero Point Magnetics wherein they could experience and prepare for what the world will go through around 2012, which links to end time theories and the Mayan Calendar end date of December 21, 2012.

Initiations of this kind have always existed. It is written in many ancient texts - including the Dead Sea Scrolls - brought forth now for those who would awaken and come into greater understanding of the changes affecting us on every level. In ancient times people went to major grid points on the planet for initiations. Today many people still find a need for such journeys.

There were many initiations chambers along the Nile - linked to different gods and goddesses. With each initation - which could last days - weeks - months - or years - one would have to overcome the emotions linked to that god. For example, Sekhmet was a warrior goddess. Initiation in the temple of Sekhmet was above overcoming the warrior within you - or finding balance for it. Initiates worked their way along the Nile until they reached the Great Pyramid where they King's Chamber equated to Zero Point.

can anyone tell me if there are any real facts in these statements?
A few:
1) there is a planet Earth
2) the Earth's magnetic field is in the process of reversing (switching north-south poles) - will take many many years
3) There is a Nile river on Earth
4) The most major cycle of the Mayan calendar ends/starts in 2012 (not the end of the calendar as there are to be a few more major cycles).
5) There is a Great Pyramid with a King's chamber

The rest is either purely symbolic or non-sense.

AmbientSound
6th May 2008, 09:18 PM
How do you think chaos magic might fit into all this? Is it possible that it could be used to experiment with zero-point energy?

Hibby
9th May 2008, 06:42 AM
the main problem with zero point energy is that energy doesn't = energy. ZPE implies that energy > energy and that's where all the problems come from. If a > a than the left side of the equation must have something else in it according to 3 dimension physics meaning a + b > a. and that b is what they need to find out.
if they can't prove where it comes from it cannot be accepted scientifically however the benefits to gain from such a possibility is great enough to attract sufficient funding.

Fits hand in hand with illusion/global consciousness theory, IMO, it is like imagining a situation where alot of energy is created and the amount of energy created in this thought form breaches the reality barrier and thus becomes a physical entity. That means you're using very small amounts of energy, in fact all you're doing is thinking which i doubt would require much energy at all to create massive amounts of energy relative to the creative power. The existence of ZPE increases the possibility of the mind being able to affect reality, because small amounts of power, that is, thought energy, can be coiled into greater masses without having to physically input energy to create a force great enough to affect the physical plane.

In other words:

the energy of thought in the mental plane is able to enter the physical plane, whereby the physical energy required to produce thought is minor but thought once in the physical plane takes the form that it is given.