PDA

View Full Version : first attempt at mp3-induced lucid dream to AP (LONG post)

twosixtyseven
29th December 2005, 09:45 PM
i found an mp3 last night on dreamviews.com that was about thirty minutes long and was supposed to enhance dream lucidity. i listened to it an hour before going to sleep at about 1 AM and set my alarm for 7 am to wake up, put on the headphones to my ipod and listen to it until i woke up permanently. the mp3 had 'ocean crashes' along with a voice that said things like "i'm aware i am in a dream," "i'm aware i'm dreaming" and "you will remember to check your reality" or something... cannot remember that last one right now. my ultimate goal was to at least attempt to AP from a lucid dream. i am a beginner in both lucid dreams (had them before, but not too common) and astral projection (never had an OOBE that i can remember).

the reviews on the mp3 at dreamviews.com were mostly either it worked, or it didn't work but it produced vivid dreams, or improved dream recall.

well, i had some interesting experiences with this. i had a lucid dream at about 2 AM, but i didn't realize this until later and even now i can only remember one tiny scene. i 'snapped out' or 'woke up' or SOMETHING at 2 AM but did not move my body. my body was experiencing very weird symptoms. i had my eyes closed still, and i noticed that it felt like my body had not moved in AGES... also i was feeling the natural vibrations of my body itself (are these the 'vibrations' i am currently reading about in Astral Dynamics and i read abuot all over these boards?) which i have had before when i attempted to go into a trance state a few times. these vibrations... a few rare times it would seem as if they would stop entirely for maybe a quarter of a second... then come right back. does anyone know what i'm talking about?

after about half an hour of trying to clear my mind (i still had a song stuck in my head from before i fell asleep) and then trying to induce a deeper trance, i gave up because i was becoming mentally exhausted (i thought this would also mean i was trying wrong). so i moved my body fairly easily... and realized that i was extremely hot! i have slept on this couch for about 3 weeks now with no change in sheets or the house's thermostat, and i never felt this hot before... not even close. i left a lot of sweat where i layed. i thought it might have been my sleeping position, which was different. to promote dream lucidity and AP, i tried and successfully fell asleep facing straight up with my hands on my lap (not too much room on this couch). and it was pretty comfortable, too. so i took a sheet off, and realized my throat was very, very dry. i've never experienced it so dry before, so i went and grabbed a drink of water and checked the time, 2:30 am. i poured myself another glass and put it near the couch just in case this happened again.

falling back asleep was nearly impossible. i'm not sure how long i was there but it felt like an added hour. after i fell asleep, my alarm woke me at 7 am and i didn't recall a dream, so i put on the headphones and played the track on repeat, taking a sip of water. i was no longer hot. as soon as i played the track i noticed it was going to be very difficult sleeping with an echo-y man talking in my ear... i lowered the volume a bit after a few minutes and eventually... was about to doze off or i might have been sleeping, when my mom pulled the headphones off! she said "you fell asleep with these on, can i take them off?" and i told her i just recently woke up to put them on... i checked the time and it was 7:37 AM or something around there. after another hour of sleep-attempt, i realized there was construction outside and that tere was no way i was falling asleep again, so i took off the headphones and fell asleep, unknowingly. after i woke up, i was alone in the house but i'm not sure what time it was. i put the headphones back on and played the track... fell asleep again and woke up at 1:37 AM... and was very surprised that it was so late.

in the end, i feel like i had much less sleep last night than usual. the mp3 DID give me at least one lucid dream that i could remember, but it was only a few seconds that i could recall. i will be trying this again tonight, and if it is something interesting i will post it up tomorrow morning.

if there are any comments feel free to add. were the vibrations i felt the ones i often hear about? what would you suggest i do tonight to prepare myself for my sleep? right now i'm going to just focus on better dream recall and having more lucid dreams. if anyone has some help or comments, i would appreciate it! sorry for the super long post.

enoch
3rd January 2006, 10:51 PM
Hi,

I too tried this mp3 a while back and it encouraged me to write my own which is currently available at download.com. If you check about 12 topics down in this forum the link is there under topic title "Summerland Lucid Dream Induction mp3." I hope this might help you.

Cheers

4th January 2006, 03:28 AM

enoch
4th January 2006, 06:15 PM
hi..in a nutshell...it won't make you achieve lucidity...but it may help.

The mp3 is meant to be listened to following a good six hours sleep..or should I say - an hour or two before your normal waking time. This is why there is a lenghty inital segment in the track which consists of natural sounds and bamboo flute - just some light listening to assist you back to sleep. The second segment later on introduces spoken affirmations and subtle trigger sounds (and brainwave patterns) to encourage lucidity.

It's also a nice listen for a little relaxation :P

hope it helps in some way. :wink:

Quantitativefool
4th January 2006, 08:46 PM
Oh, the vibrations you mentioned are the ones mentioned in Astral Dynamics (as you asked) I believe. Not positive but it sounds very much like them.

Good luck and happy dreaming!
-Stu