PDA

View Full Version : EQ (Equaliser) on or off?

garuda
5th November 2008, 01:17 AM
I am starting to listen to HemiSync's Metamusic and I am feeling alot more relaxed. I was wondering if we are supposed to turn the EQ off? Will it make a big difference?

I know that Centerpointe staff tell their customers to turn the EQ off so I am a little bit confused

CFTraveler
5th November 2008, 01:32 AM
I would say turn it off. Since an equalizer can change the way the channels are distributed it can change the frequency difference between the right and the left tones, effectively changing the resulting third tone. So I'd say turn off the equalizer.
Of course I could be wrong, since at the moment I can't remember if the eq. actually changes the frequency or just the volume on each channel (which would then make not much difference.) But I'm almost sure it does mess with the prescribed frequency.

Tom
5th November 2008, 02:16 AM
I thought an equalizer changes the volume for certain regions preferentially. As long as what you do to both channels is the same, it seems to me that it shouldn't matter. I think Centerpointe was concerned about the possibility of the tone in one ear being amplified more than the tone in the other ear, so it would be as if one of the earpieces were closer to your head and the other farther away.

garuda
5th November 2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks dudes for all your help. Unlimited adventures await me!!!!