PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck

maseo
6th November 2008, 04:50 PM
Hello,
I have a question concerning (for lack of a better term) luck. Specifically speaking, I met a woman who had worked with my mother. Everyone who knew her was amazed at the level of good luck this woman possessed. She literately won every church lottery and gambling pool that she participated in at work. It had gotten so bad that her work associates banned her from joining in. Just before my mother’s retirement, they allowed her to participate in a football pool, but the conditions were that she would take the last slot after everyone had made their selections, and she won. This cannot be simple chance, or at least that’s what I think. I remember while growing up that my brother had uncanny luck also. Is excessive luck a sign of some sort of spiritual help. What's your opinion?

CFTraveler
6th November 2008, 06:05 PM
My opinion is that she expected the good stuff to happen to her. It's the Law of Attraction at work.
I had a boss who always talked about how lucky he was. He was, but you could see that there was no doubt in his mind about it. That's the trick, I think. Except it's not a trick. It's how the universe works.
IMO.

ButterflyWoman
7th November 2008, 02:38 AM
Yup, I agree with CFT, it's because she expects to win, she expects good fortune, and she expects good things to happen to her. She "knows" she's lucky, and therefore she is.