PDA

View Full Version : I 'fell' out of bed last night

nightserpent
30th December 2005, 05:28 PM
Due to the holidays and a brutal barage of deadlines, my MAP practice has all but fell by the wayside for the last month, sadly. One thing I made sure to maintain was my dream recall, I did not want to lose that progress. So, I am still writing down 1-3 dreams every morning. My brow chakra is still quite sensitive, all I have to do is think about it and I get a pleasantly ticklish sense of pressure there. I also try to read at least a few pages of AD each night to keep AP at the surface of my thoughts.

Last night as I lay in bed, I thought it might be a good idea to run though the basic NEW practices, just to blow out any cobwebs that might be accumulating from lack of use. I went through the brushing/sponging actions, and they went smoothly. However, somewhere around opening my chakras (not sure exactly where) I felt a distinct falling sensation for almost a full second. It was as if the upper half of me suddenly sank into the mattress.

This seemed like a good sign! Though I wasn't quite sure what I should have done at that point. Was it a failed attempt? Or, did it imply that I just returned from a projection without any memory of it? For the heck of it, I tried the ROPE technique (though I have yet to ever consciously project), which seemingly had no effect.

If this happens again, what do you suggest I do?

Nazerel
30th December 2005, 10:09 PM
It sounds like the transition into trance. You say you were in bed, so I gather you were tired. However, the effect of concentrating on NEW probably kept your mind somewhat awake, while your body was beginning to doze off.

If it happens again(it likely will), you can either continue whatever you were doing(NEW, in this case), or use a deepening exercise to bring you further into trance.

nightserpent
30th December 2005, 10:17 PM
I was a little tired, but not very.

I'll try your suggestion next time and see if I can deepen the trance state... then perhaps trying an exit technique.

thanks for your feedback!

nightserpent
31st December 2005, 03:14 PM
Nazerel-

I've been thinking a little more about what you said. To clarify, it wasn't a gentle falling sensation like when one does trance induction (e.g. the elevator technique). It was much faster and sudden, as if the bed and floor beneath me instantly vanished. Yet, I don't think it lasted more than a second, if that.

Not sure if that changes anything!

CFTraveler
31st December 2005, 05:07 PM
This has happened to me. I don't know what it is, maybe the "energy body" got loose, but since you were awake, you reacted, and went it. In my case I'll be sitting, then all of a sudden, quickly, I'll be laying completely back, as if I had fallen back, and as soon as I realize it, I'm back to normal, like before, and awake, mobile and everything. This has happened to me once at night and once in the morning, after waking, but ahd not planned to get up yet. It was startling, like the "moro" reflex, but while awake.