PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knowledgeable about red phase of alchemy's Great Work

alwayson4
28th November 2008, 05:58 AM
Is anyone knowledgeable about the red phase (i.e. the final phase) of alchemy's Great Work?

CFTraveler
28th November 2008, 10:04 PM
Rubedo?

alwayson4
29th November 2008, 06:05 AM
yes

I have not yet found a reliable manual on how to do it.

Tom
29th November 2008, 07:35 AM
It isn't really the final phase anyway. Why don't you have a quick search through "River of Enlightenment"? Aunt Clair has written a great deal on alchemy.

CFTraveler
29th November 2008, 05:06 PM
From everything that I've read (including Aunt Clair's information and the sources she cites) the steps in alchemy continue to be repeated for a variety of targets (motivation) such as energy body development, mental (I want to say psychic, but this may be misinterpreted) development, even physical healing and psychological development- until the result is achieved- but once the 'alchemical child' state is achieved, there is still 'to do' after that.

Maha Maya
11th September 2019, 09:27 AM
Many mahasiddhi were alchemists....Nagarjuna and nathas also practiced this discipline...There are also southern tamil siddhis of saiva siddhanta...
There is also taoist alchemy...Much has been written about caduceus and kundalini....in this regard....
But if we go back to "European alchemy" (Spain, Italy, Germany, England, France).... probably its roots go to Egypt.

olyris
13th September 2019, 11:30 PM
The red phase can be interpreted as "renaissance" - what was literal is not obvious. rather, what is obvious is profound... a step into what some may have called religion. Literacy makes for change, whereas the red phase is quite eternity.

A holy imagined theorem. [See the Tabula Smaragdina].