PDA

View Full Version : Reiki - House/Room Cleansing

IcarusWings
2nd December 2008, 06:12 PM
Background: My live-in girlfriend is very sensitive (clairaudient too) to negative energies and entities, she often gets angry or upset when I am doing my energy work, as it seems to upset the entities in the immediate area. I recently took the first Kundalini Reiki attunement from Stefan.

I thought as my first use of the Reiki energy I would use would be a generalized cleansing of my house. I'm in another room from the one where my girlfriend is having a fitful sleep. Within a minute of beginning the cleansing she begins crying and moving around, and this eventually turns into bawling and knocking something off the nightstand, it lasted throughout the entire cleansing and when I came to her she had the impression that it was all my fault.

I'm getting the next attunement soon, of which I have very happy with the results of the first. But I was wondering what peoples opinions are. I myself plan to try again the cleansing of the house after this second attunement only this time I am going to burn sage and cleanse each room one by one.

Tom
2nd December 2008, 10:04 PM
It sounds to me like she needs to work on shielding and clearing herself of unwanted influences. Also, don't assume that all psychic perception is a matter of having an ability - too much unwanted input is as much a problem as being overly closed off, and neither is a talent. The reiki may have been a triggering factor, but that doesn't make it responsible.

CFTraveler
2nd December 2008, 10:07 PM
Sounds like she's being overshadowed, I'm afraid. It's quite easy with empaths because they already are having others' emotions reflected in them, so it's easy for an entity to jump in and add to the fun without being noticed. I recommend countermeasures and continued clearing/energy work, and like Tom said, shielding.

IcarusWings
2nd December 2008, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, she doesn't have the determination (at least as of yet) to practice the techniques that would let her do that. But, if I continue my practice with shielding I can protect us both in our bedroom at least.

Tom
3rd December 2008, 04:33 AM
If you can put a shield around a room with the intent that it should stay there, why not around a person with the intent that it follow the person? Prayer is good, too, and it tends to be forgotten until it has become a last resort - but you can start now if you want.

Palehorse Redivivus
3rd December 2008, 04:01 PM
If you can put a shield around a room with the intent that it should stay there, why not around a person with the intent that it follow the person? Prayer is good, too, and it tends to be forgotten until it has become a last resort - but you can start now if you want.

Good call on all counts... though one point about making shields that seems worth raising -- be careful about anything permanent or semi-permanent, especially on someone else. If left and forgotten about, constructs can degrade and end up having effects that weren't intended, and even if it's working as intended, you wouldn't want the person involved to eventually realize they were really blocked off, and not be able to figure out why.

I've seen it said that constructs like this will just dissolve on their own if not maintained, but I'm personally not completely sure about that. I've made constructs without spending much time or focus, thinking they'd just dissolve on their own by the time they weren't needed... and then much later realized it was still functioning.

Alternately, I've found wards and black tourmaline to be very good passive countermeasures that don't have the drawbacks of shielding. If you can get her to wear a chunk of black tourmaline it would probably help. As for wards, if she has a particular symbol she (or you) find meaningful, that would probably be best, or you could do some googling on "protective symbols" to find one that resonates. The way I apply wards is to basically visualize and feel it being "branded" into my energy body, like a stamp made of light. I usually make it flare a few times, but that may just be for dramatic effect. :P But with the right symbol (I went through a few different ones before I found one that made a huge difference), it seems to have a repelling effect on negative influences without keeping everything out. I know some empaths use their empathy as a whole other way of processing their environment, and can feel really disoriented and "blinded" without it, so just a few more potential suggestions to look into. :)

Jaco
3rd December 2008, 05:04 PM

Good call on all counts... though one point about making shields that seems worth raising -- be careful about anything permanent or semi-permanent, especially on someone else. If left and forgotten about, constructs can degrade and end up having effects that weren't intended, and even if it's working as intended, you wouldn't want the person involved to eventually realize they were really blocked off, and not be able to figure out why.

Hi Icarus :)
If you are going to shield her it might be wise to talk with her about it, ask for her consent :)
Ask her what does she think about it, she might have some ideas :)