PDA

View Full Version : Deepak Chopra vow of non-violence

Beekeeper
6th December 2008, 04:05 AM
Deepak Chopra has begun a movement where people vow non-violence in thoughts, words and deeds.

The goal then became to create a global movement, which would mobilize 100 million people to make the same commitment. We, at the Alliance for a New Humanity believe that if a critical mass
of people comit to this vow, that world would be transformed. If you are seriously committed to peace, join us in this global movement and take the vow.

http://www.itakethevow.com/

I think I'll practise a bit first.

Mishell
6th December 2008, 06:16 AM
The first thing I thought about was all the movies I have that I'd need to get rid of. I'm just about the least violent person I know, but I guess it's kind of funny how it creeps into your life without you even realizing.

This would create a blessed change if people could stick to it. But, I have to say, those most willing to join the movement are not the ones that are causing the trouble.

Beekeeper
6th December 2008, 06:49 AM
Perhaps we wouldn't need to get rid of the movies right away.

But, I have to say, those most willing to join the movement are not the ones that are causing the trouble.

I tend to agree. I think in the back of many of our minds would be the persistent fear that by surrendering our violence we'd be vulnerable to the violence of others. Of course, if the movement took off big time, many would relinquish their violence simply because it would no longer be seen as normal.

I'm horrified almost daily by the way people treat each other in traffic. If you asked people why they wouldn't let vehicles merge, why they had to pass every vehicle in sight or force people across into another lane, why they blew their horns when people made minor and human errors, I'm sure they could not give a logical answer.

Korpo
6th December 2008, 08:43 AM
I think whatever these people would "broadcast" into the world by doing this would severely dampen violent vibes anywhere. I think a lot of violence gets "picked up".

Oliver

Beekeeper
6th December 2008, 09:36 AM
I agree, Oliver.