PDA

View Full Version : "sponging" technique help

BlueBucket
2nd January 2006, 10:47 PM
Hey, would anyone mind putting the "sponging" technique from the NEW system into different words? i just dont quite grasp the idea. The text doesnt say much except "imagine your leg is a sponge and energy is water" . ..... ? thanks

gorillabait
2nd January 2006, 11:36 PM
Hi Bluebucket.

I admit, I have trouble with sponging myself. As it is I've pretty much adapted NEW and other energy techniques where they're really my own. Sponging though, as I understand it, can be compared to pulling a ball of energy up and down a limb or other path. Where brushing brings energy along a line of variable thickness, sponging is more three-dimensional, pulling it all along and through an arm or a leg.

Does that help?

CFTraveler
2nd January 2006, 11:42 PM
This is how I do it: Pretend that the part of your body (leg, toe, whatever) is hollow. Then imagine you have a wet sponge (or a brush, any cleaning implement) and you are scrubbing the inside of it.) Try to feel it. (If you can't, touch the skin around the area and feel the "aftertingle". Try to transfer the feeling to the 'inside' of the limb. Start from the bottom and work your way to the top. (toes->feet->lower leg->knee->thigh). When your legs feel all tingly and pulsate, do the same with your arms, starting with fingers->hands->arms->shoulders.
This is my favorite thing to do. It has become a mental habit and I do it any time I have 20 min.s to kill.

BlueBucket
2nd January 2006, 11:55 PM
helps tons! thanks yall

micko
10th January 2006, 04:17 PM
With this sponging, do you feel the energy move through every part of your body when you do the full body circuit?
Say on the in breath do you feel it all the way from your feet to your head, then on the out breath from the head all the way to the sub naval?

I find that its really hard to know if im doing the full body bounce and circuit correctly because I don't feel the energy move all the way through. I may feel it run down my legs at some point, but mostly its just a full body energy feeling, not a "bounce" per se.

Can someone explain the feelings they get when doing the bounce and circuit during and after :D

11th January 2006, 05:32 AM