PDA

View Full Version : Percieving ghosts = evolved survival mechanism?

ButterflyWoman
16th December 2008, 06:58 AM
Well, the theory that people are innately "programmed" to be more cautious and apprehensive in a new, unknown place makes perfectly good biological sense.

But you're right, it doesn't explain persistent hauntings or hauntings in well-known places.

When I move into a new place, I always bless the hell out of it (you can take that literally if you like, though I don't believe in the usual dogmatic hell ;)), and ward all the entrances and exits. I even go around the perimeter of the property and bless the borders, and set up thoughtform wards periodically around the perimeter. It's just a precaution I like to take. ;)

Beekeeper
16th December 2008, 10:27 PM
I do believe people leave energy imprints on a place so I'd never buy a home where the occupants were murdered or even divorced. I know people who won't wear second-hand clothing or jewellery for the same reason. There are houses that always seem to attract ... well... scummy sorts. There are also shops where the proprietors never seem to succeed and there are constantly new owners.

I wouldn't discount the presence of earth spirits and areas of beneficial or threatening energy. In fact, I've experienced these. However, I do think that Alex's explanation is also valid in many instances.

An experience I had about a decade ago offers another possibility. My family and I were looking at a block of land. It was a beautiful block with a good aspect but I had a real feeling of negativity about it and I told hubby that something just didn't feel right. He talked me into getting out of the car and walking over it anyway and my eldest who was little at the time went zooming all over the place. He fell over and landed on the only bit of metal on the entire block, necessitating a trip to the doctor and a tetanus injection. I can't remember now if there were stitches. It's possible that what I was feeling wasn't about the land but about the impending injury to my child.

Fish
29th December 2008, 07:35 PM
I wish you the best with that Alex.