PDA

View Full Version : upper body extending and whooziness

jaime
3rd January 2006, 01:56 AM
hello guys,

while doing my daily MAP work (i'm now at day 73), i notice that my upper body extends upwards and i feel dizzy and throwing up. i suspect that this are projection sensations. and whenever these sensations happen, i try to "astrally" move my hands and feet and swing my body sideways. however, this doesn't enable my astral body to seperate from the physical body. these occur usually after the relaxation and obe breathing phases.

Any comments on this? What should I do when these sensations occur again? In the past, I have tried not minding them, try to feel them more etc.

CFTraveler
3rd January 2006, 01:37 PM
Are you saying you can move your astral limbs without moving your body, but can't separate? If so, try an exit technique-
Are you feeling nauseous/disoriented, or do you actually have stong nausea and have to throw up?

jaime
4th January 2006, 12:59 AM
thanks for the reply.

1. i imagine that my astral limbs move but they don't. however, if i imagine my upper body (waist up) extending upwards, it feels as if it really does extend. this is the time that i feel nauseous and throwing up.

2. and at some point, my arms (from elbows to fingertips) feel as if they are floating. but like in 1, i can't move move them.

3. i tried a variety of exit methods whenever i feel 1 and 2 but no luck.

Are you saying you can move your astral limbs without moving your body, but can't separate? If so, try an exit technique-
Are you feeling nauseous/disoriented, or do you actually have stong nausea and have to throw up?

CFTraveler
4th January 2006, 03:15 AM
What I get from your answer is that you can separate partially, but not completely. This sounds to me like you probably are a spontaneous projector, but at the moment don't have enough energy to control what's happening to you. I would suggest to do a lot of energy raising for a while before deliberately trying to go out.
If you are having large meals at night, make them smaller. This could explain the nausea. Do you get seasick when you go out on a boat?
Get your ears checked- my mom had labyrynth problems and it caused her to get nauseous and 'seasick'. I imagine having a partial OB and having balance problems are not a good combination. (That's probably unlikely but you never know...)
Edited: These are just ideas that pop into my head...

jaime
4th January 2006, 06:15 AM
Ok, thanks for the insight.

Can I ask how long you have been able to astrally project at will? And how long you trained for it.

CFTraveler
4th January 2006, 01:44 PM
I have been spontaneously projecting since I was a little girl, prob. 6 or 7 the first time I realized what I was doing, and I started trying deliberately a few years back with limited success. Then about 1-2 years ago I got MAP, but stopped working the program due to other problems- then started again like 3 months ago and am now projecting (deliberately, that is) about every 2 weeks so far since the beginning of November. (More or less, I started a OBE diary in the OBE Forum if you want more details and a better chronology)

bastien001
14th March 2006, 08:41 AM
Hi,

I experienced the nauseous sensation you're talking about.
I felt it as an effect of the external body awareness sensations, referred to
by Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer as the "pit in the stomach".
When I can consistently, as of now, stimulate my navel or plexus center (I d'ont know which one of them creates the sensation), I get the pit in the stomach or a kind of nauseous sensation. A vairant of this sensation is that simply at stimulating my navel center, I feel a growing hungriness.
It's as if it "lauchned" physically some relationship to the fact of being hungry !. All these sensations are related, to me, to that "sickness".
As of, I consider it as a positive side-effect of primary centers stimulation (navel or plexus).
>Just don't let that feeling perturb you exercise, or get into practicing into managing (ie. ignoring) that .