PDA

View Full Version : Crystals

Neil Templar
18th December 2008, 04:47 PM
i wasn't sure where this should go so here it is. :wink:

a friend of mine just sent me 2 crystals.
i have no experience with crystals, and am having trouble finding a good book in English here in Amsterdam.
i know i have to "attune" myself to them, to have a beneficial relationship with them.
can anyone give me some advice on this please?

thanks in advance. :)

ButterflyWoman
18th December 2008, 11:47 PM
Cleanse them and then program them. Very easy to do.

There are multiple ways to cleanse stones, but I think the easiest is to hold the stone in you hand and then get yourself centred and visualise a field of pure white energy around the stone. I like to have the energy sort of shoot out between my closed fingers, it's a nice effect. You don't have to do it for long, just intend for the energy to cleanse away all energetic residue that might be on the stone.

After you've done the cleansing, you set an intention for the stone. For example, if it's a stone that's meant to be grounding, you intend it to fulfill that purpose for you. If it's meant to increase your psychic ability, you intend that. How you go about setting those intentions is up to you, I think most people do it differently. I usually say something out loud about the purpose of the stone and that I'm grateful to have it.

Personally, I think the intention is really what makes the difference. A stone is, when you get down to it, just a stone (note: I own hundreds of stones, in raw form, in carved items, in jewellery, etc, so I really do love and appreciate them, but they're not really "magical" or "spiritual" unless you intend them to be so). Your intention for the stone to work in a particular way is what makes it work that way. I do think that some stones have some kinds of natural tendencies to act in certain ways (for example, quartz really does naturally resonate at certain frequencies), but I don't think stones are any more magical than a religious symbol or similar. The power is in the belief, not in the object. Which, of course, means that your belief can generate a very powerful object, indeed... :wink:

Neil Templar
19th December 2008, 07:07 AM
great, thanks OW. :D

Fish
19th December 2008, 12:46 PM
I cover mine in sea salt for 24 hrs prior to doing what OW just said. It removes the negative energy.

Neil Templar
19th December 2008, 05:07 PM
cool, cheers Fish.
also someone just told me that i should clean them in water first too...

Chris_com28
20th December 2008, 04:41 AM
Put them in a plastic bag and place them under runing water. Some crystals can errode in water. Haven't bothered cleansing my crystals much though. What I like to do with crystals is hold them in my hand while I'm in bed an be aware of what I feel. I sometimes communicate with it. I even removed a blockage with this recently.

GRANT
9th January 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi Gang,
I don't know why, but I just love gazing at the spectrum of colors given off by crystals when the sun shines through them.
Particulary the blues, greens, indigos, and violet regions. Of course the reds are very eye catching also.
Somehow, the colors attract me; maybe I'm drawing some sort of energy from them.
In some of my bizzare dreams, garnets seem to be playing some part in the dream; either as a pile of them, sometimes hidden around corners, or in little gems amongst the other rocks. In these dreams, I go looking for them, but don't know why.
Are there any special significants to garnets?
Thanks.
Grant

Mishell
9th January 2009, 06:02 PM
Here are a couple crystal websites that I have found helpful.

http://www.gemstonegifts.com/resources/healing.htm

http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/guide/pr ... php?init=g (http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/guide/properties-glossary.php?init=g)

Neil Templar
9th January 2009, 06:14 PM
cool nice one Mishell. 8)

Chris_com28
10th January 2009, 11:29 PM
I think there's a significance for you. Do you have a garnet? Maybe it should be wise to find one. I also love the light shining through them. I love how my quartz refracts the light in it and it has a special area where it only refracts pink and green light, which is interesting. Though the facets near the point refract all the colours of the spectrum. Such a beautiful sight.

Chris_com28
12th January 2009, 04:27 PM
How've you been getting on with your crystals? Managed to identify them? I have a few stones that I still don't know the name of.

One thing that seems to be good with crystals is energy breathing. Robert has possibly mentioned this. Basically it's breathing with the energy. So you do something like hold the crystal in your hand and as you breathe in allow the energy in the crystal to flow up your arm and maybe into various chakras. You could also try holding the stone in your hand and imagine it expanding and retracting as it breathes and sync your breathing with the crystal.

Crystal layouts (usually called grids or nets) can work well aswell, but I'm not very experienced with that so I can't explain that any further.