PDA

View Full Version : Massive Blockage

simmq
3rd January 2009, 11:19 PM
I have a blockage in my lower abdomen that is so pronounced that I have trouble standing up straight with my physical body. If I try to follow exactly where it goes, it continues up behind my heart and into the back of my head. My neck is twisted and tied into knots as well. Reading what I wrote here just now, it sounds really bad and I'm not quite sure how to start on this one. I had thought that I had dealt with at least some of the emotional problems that have caused these knots, but it still seems like it's not getting much better. My question is, with a seemingly whole body blockage, where is the best place to start?

CFTraveler
3rd January 2009, 11:48 PM
If I were you I'd start with tertiaries, and work up to secondaries- doing 'whole body part' sweeps, and staying away from chakras for a long time. Then finish by grounding exercises. Continue to do this until you feel better, always gently, no hurry there. And stop if there is any discomfort whatsoever.

Beekeeper
4th January 2009, 12:34 AM
Simmq, a gentle yoga class would benefit you on all levels too.

Korpo
4th January 2009, 06:36 AM
I have a blockage in my lower abdomen that is so pronounced that I have trouble standing up straight with my physical body. If I try to follow exactly where it goes, it continues up behind my heart and into the back of my head. My neck is twisted and tied into knots as well. Reading what I wrote here just now, it sounds really bad and I'm not quite sure how to start on this one. I had thought that I had dealt with at least some of the emotional problems that have caused these knots, but it still seems like it's not getting much better. My question is, with a seemingly whole body blockage, where is the best place to start?

It may sound bad, but IMO it mostly shows that you have good body awareness. I discovered many such blockages over the last year - mine were like a "sheet" of muscle contracted and tense throughout my body. Working on parts of that sheet I could often perceive releasing effects go like a wave throughout the sheet - possibly blocked by denser knots in the sheet. So I would work the tighter knots in the sheet, and follow the wave of release to other knots, until either the whole sheet was released, I could not go on, or I seemed no longer able to produce much effect anymore.

I have over the years worked many such seemingly big blockage complexes, for example from the abdomen down the legs into the feet, or like the one you described. My knowledge of anatomy is way too limited to say for sure, but it felt to me like the muscles of the body are arranged like this, and to fully release a complex of muscles, you have to remove all the knots within it all the length. In my experience this can have very nice effects on your posture, on the overall sense of tenseness, can give you feeling of greater freedom, mobility and health.

So, I would not be alarmed that the blockage seems big. Posture problems are in a sense always big, because A pulls on B which pulls on C which yanks D sideways which is possibly the only thing that hurts. But when I energy work D, I find myself working on D, C, B and A in reverse order, and until A is released, the problem persists in some form. Posture problems start small and spread. On the bright side, you can work them backwards with good results.

I would try to apply an energy work technique that is gentle and explore this blockage compex. Find the major constriction points. Then work these and observe. Gentleness is key IMO when working with constriction and tension - harsh methods might more tension temporarily or even cause pain.

To me, it does not sound "bad" - however, it might require an ongoing effort and time to resolve. Muscles and tendons have to be brought back into balance. For me this was always a process of "release a bit here, release bit there", and until the next session, things have settled a bit differently. It takes time, but at the same time it helps you build strong basic energy work skills.

For examle, I worked my hips over the years. (Of course not exclusively, but again and again.) They were rather immobile in the beginning. Now I have the feeling that they are not only fully mobile, but also flexible and strong. I can bend straight at the hip and sustain that at many angles and variations, and I am a big heavy guy to begin with. I have a great range of flexibility there now. Good results are possible, given time and persistence.

Take good care,
Oliver

simmq
4th January 2009, 07:38 PM
How nice to ask one question and get three different perspectives on how to answer it. Thank you all for the support and advice! Hopefully someday soon I will be able to return the favor either for any of you, or for someone new.

simmq
7th January 2009, 06:55 PM
I think this may be related, but I have (and always have had) very cold feet and hands. Actually with the hands they are either cold or sweaty or both. I am assuming that what I am doing already, working on secondaries and tertiaries along with focused breathing, is the answer to this problem as well but any other advice would be great.

Excaliber
7th January 2009, 10:47 PM
The blockages I have been dealing with have been very similar, in the belly and the back of the heart.
At first there was a void I could not penetrate with my awareness, and after some time of work came constant pressure and tension in those areas. Finally came the familiar and much anticipated tingling and energy sensations through the blockages, like creating cracks in a block of ice, which speeds the melting process.

My best advice would be using physical tension and helping force the energy with muscle movement. I found I could not pierce my blocks with awareness alone, but as soon I began using a sweeping tension along with focused awareness results were immediate.

I also recommend a juice fast or something similar for any blockage but especially the belly. Fasting, and a (mostly) raw food diet for me has done wonders for my mood, health and energy.

Beekeepers wise advice of taking a yoga class will help. You can also stretch by yourself, stretch in such a way that the blocked areas are included. This is the best way to release the pressure that comes with working on deep seated blockages.

Korpo: our observations and your ability to convey them are wonderful. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Korpo
8th January 2009, 07:36 AM
Korpo: our observations and your ability to convey them are wonderful. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

And reading your recent posts you are a flatterer of superb ability and exquisite skill. ;) :D

Oliver

alwayson4
9th January 2009, 07:16 PM
In "Energy Work", RB says the key to blockages, is to give them a ton of attention.

Psychonaut1984
25th January 2009, 05:48 PM
I think this may be related, but I have (and always have had) very cold feet and hands. Actually with the hands they are either cold or sweaty or both. I am assuming that what I am doing already, working on secondaries and tertiaries along with focused breathing, is the answer to this problem as well but any other advice would be great.

Me too. I have the same problem with my hands and feet. It seems like my body looses heat very fast, almost instantly sometimes, like if I am laying down comfortable, as soon as I stand up I loose all my body heat. I do not know why this is.
It used to interfere with my energy work when I first started learning NEW, it still does sometimes but I just exercise for a bit before starting.