PDA

View Full Version : Mandala-like Visions

dreamosis
5th January 2009, 06:20 PM
This isn't about visualization per se, but does anyone have a theory about what those mandala-like patterns are that are seen in the twilight state? (Usually behind closed eyelids).

After seeing one Sunday morning, I began wondering if I wasn't simply seeing the mesh of my own etheric body, or if information is organized geometrically on the subtle mental level of being.

CFTraveler
5th January 2009, 06:29 PM
I used to see the most beautiful ones. Now they are rare (or I should say occasional). No idea how they end up in our vision screens, but I wonder if that's where the original ones came from. From someone's vision screens.
One of my speculations ('cause I like to speculate) is that they resemble what happens to grains when they are vibrated with audible musical scales. Maybe it's what we get when our 'something' gets vibrated with higher inaudible frequencies? Just a thought.

dreamosis
5th January 2009, 08:29 PM
That's an interesting theory. For me they happen when I'm in partial or full sleep paralysis, when my energy body is beginning to balloon. As that happens, I'm theoretically re-connecting with higher parts of being and there's an influx of high-vibrational energy (that's what it feels like too). So the "Self-Cymatic Theory" fits here.

When I was a kid I regularly saw them with open eyes in the dark of my room, and still find myself seeing them like that if I'm physically tired but mentally buzzed as I fall asleep. Usually they're faint when I see them this way.

What's interesting to think about is that finer frequencies -- those approaching a perfect resonance with the akashic principle -- have a definite, symmetrical geometry. It explains why some meditation teachers have suggested visualizing polyhedrons (i.e., the Platonic solids: cubes, tetrahedrons, octohedrons, dodecahedrons, icosahedrons). There's also the mandala of the "Flower of Life":

http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/images/picture%2012.gif

I wonder too if these forms and patterns could be used in visualization as telesmatic images for drawing in energy:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13790 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13790)

...Sort of like providing a mental "open hand" to receive the energy, with different forms/patterns keyed to different frequencies of energy.