PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a stumbling block..

Neil Templar
9th January 2009, 05:45 PM
these days my dreams are pretty much all semi lucid.
i always know i'm dreaming, which is cool, but i seem to have lost the ability to become fully lucid and take control.
now i find myself interpreting them as they happen.. which is also pretty cool, i'm understanding more all the time, but it's also getting in the way of what i want.
i want to have cool adventures, go flying around, you know all the fun stuff.. but instead my mind is occupied with interpretation while the dream's going on.
my recall is at an all time high, i'm remembering 3, 4, sometimes 5 dreams per night at the moment, which is also cool. and they're all very relevant to my everyday waking life, something that i never really noticed before.. which i do appreciate and am grateful for.
i'm currently at a bit of a crossroads in certain aspects of my life, and it seems i'm receiving good guidance on that front, which i truly appreciate. :)

but where's the fun?
to quote the Joker - "why so serious?" :wink:
with so many dreams being recalled every night, you'd think that at least ONE of them might be an opportunity to let my hair down and sit on a cloud or something? :?

i do ask my guides to show me whatever i need to know each night before sleep. i leave the request just like that, non-specific, just whatever i need to know.
is that my problem?
maybe i'm just getting what i ask for, and should give the guides the night off from time to time? :P

any thoughts?

Korpo
9th January 2009, 05:56 PM
Human condition - get something good, ask for more immediately. :P ;)

Do you interpret all of these dreams, write them all down, try to resolve as much symbols as possible?

Oliver

Neil Templar
9th January 2009, 06:12 PM
Human condition - get something good, ask for more immediately. :P ;)

Do you interpret all of these dreams, write them all down, try to resolve as much symbols as possible?

Oliver

yeah i know, "gimme more! i want it all now!!" :roll:

to be honest i've been slacking off with the writing down of the dreams lately.
i was just saying to my girlfriend that i must get back into that routine.
just because i feel like i know what they're telling me, doesn't mean i won't get more from them later...

but yeah, i find that i wake up after each dream cycle, and think about them, usually understanding most of the symbols involved.

i think part of the problem with recording them is that my girlfriend often stays with me, in fact she is staying for the next three weeks, and as i am such a light sleeper, i try to be very considerate of others sleeping.
i know only too well how frustrating it is to be woken by others, especially when you've gotta get up and do exams for the final part of your degree, which she is right now.
so i don't want to put the bedside light on... maybe a flashlight is in order?
perhaps i should record them on my phone, i could do that under the covers without disturbing her...

anyway, i'm sure i'm experiencing exactly what i need to, i guess i'm just being a little greedy.. i haven't seen an alien in months now. :P :wink:

CFTraveler
9th January 2009, 06:50 PM
Don't worry, It'll pass.
:D

Neil Templar
11th January 2009, 02:48 PM
well, i dusted off the dream journal and put it back into my routine... my girlfriend says she's never noticed when i'm awake and moving around at night, so i should go ahead and do what i have to do.. :)

you know i often wish i could sleep as deeply as other folk seem to be able to...some folk can sleep through a thunderstorm, i wake up just sensing my cat walking around sometimes! :roll: but i've noticed from talking to these people, that many of them don't have any dream recall at all.
i'd rather be perpetually tired with great dream recall than well rested with no dream recollection whatsoever..

CFTraveler
11th January 2009, 06:38 PM
If this is causing exhaustion, I suggest you get 'Super Sleep' by the Monroe institute. It's not as expensive as some of their other products, and it's an excellent way to get that deep sleep you need to rest/repair yourself. You don't have to use it a lot, just when you feel you need a break. It won't 'put' you in the frequency, as much as keep you there longer, if I remember correctly. I don't use it for it's intended purpose, but when I need a catnap and don't have enough time.

Neil Templar
11th January 2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks CF, i'll check that out. 8)

Korpo
11th January 2009, 07:03 PM
Neil,

did you ever think about asking before going to sleep that you *also* will awake well-rested? It's not necessarily a choice to make. And if your experiences would contribute to your exhaustion, you just might have a bit less.

Even before I heard about all this metaphysical stuff I used to pray sometimes for well-restedness. If I did not totally underdose on sleep I would wake well-rested in the following mornings after those "requests".

Oliver

Neil Templar
11th January 2009, 09:30 PM
you know, i never did Oliver.
8)
seems obvious really. :roll:

cheers!!

Neil Templar
13th January 2009, 07:42 PM
well Oliver, i must thank you for your suggestion.

last night, as it is quite frequently, was one of little sleep.
my flatmate was up until 6 this morning, and if she's awake and active, i hear it all!
i spent hours, frustrated and getting pissed off, trying to ignore the sounds coming from the next room.
eventually, sometime after 6.30, the noise stopped and i was able to begin relaxing again..
i had to wake up at 10, so i reckon i got maybe 2 full hours of decent sleep. :evil:
but as i was falling asleep, i remembered this thread, and said to myself repeatedly "i will wake up refreshed and feeling good"

10 o'clock came, the alarm went off, and wow!
i got up, and got on with my business... feeling fine.
yes i'm tired but i didn't wake in the usual bad mood that usually accompanies me after a night like that.
i was working out of town today, everything went great, and only on my return to Amsterdam did i start to feel tired again.

nice :D

Fish
13th January 2009, 07:56 PM
Hey Neil,
My mom-in-law lives with us, it’s an adjoining addition to our house actually, but she’s up all hours of the night walking around, watching tv, cooking stuff in the microwave.. anyway I have a humidifier in my bedroom that makes an even, continual noise enough to drown all that out as I too am a very light sleeper.. in the summer I run the ac and that drowns everything out as well. Just another suggestion for ya! :)

Korpo
13th January 2009, 10:26 PM
Hey, Neil.

Glad to hear! 8)

Oliver

Neil Templar
14th January 2009, 06:53 PM
thanks guys, all will be well soon enough.
i'm moving into a place on my own in a month or so.. :D
i can't wait!

Fish
14th January 2009, 08:23 PM
Good deal! 8)