PDA

View Full Version : Journeys Out of the Body

DonnieJason
14th January 2009, 08:17 PM
I just recently purchased Hemi-Sync Support for Journeys Out of the Body along with MAP CD Companion. I have had Wave I through III of the Gateway experience for several months and I was wondering if JOOTB is designed to not have a voice guided introduction like the Gateway Experience cd's? Common sense tells me that I am going to have to get the book Journeys Out of the Body for the Chpter 16 material, I just wanted to make sure that the JOOTB cd's are self guidance with the 20min interval reminders. (I don't mind the sessions being self guided since they can be looped to keep repeating and the Gateway Experience ones are short and just dont feel right having on repeat because of repeated voice guidance) I can see already the benefits of taking Focus 10 & 12 from Wave I and II and self doing it with the JOOTB cd's, it's just that the little pamplet that comes with JOOTB briefly mentions "Bob describes Condtion A as "the ability to hold calmly in the borderland sleep state, indefinitely, with your mind on an exclusive thought"........maybe I am just alittle spoiled from the Wave cd's ...guess I should order the book and read it ..*doh* :oops:

CFTraveler
14th January 2009, 08:53 PM
What?
*Confused stare* :?
Anyway, some of them have a little guidance but most of them IIRC don't. The main need for the book (which you can get from your library for free if you don't want to spend the money, or find the instructions somewhere on the web (I believe it's in the EIC main website) is to use RAM's original exit technique.

DonnieJason
14th January 2009, 10:01 PM
OK, my apologies,

I will check more into it. I am going to buy the book since its only $9.95 from TMI store. I was just wondering if the CD's Condition A, B, C, and D are supposed to be without voice guided intros un-like the Gateway Experience cd's

Thanks again,

Donnie

CFTraveler
14th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Some of them have minimal talk- I remember hearing Monroe's voice saying "remember your purpose" in one of them at regular intervals. But I really don't remember much more.
I guess I should break them out and use them every once in a while. :)

DonnieJason
15th January 2009, 05:23 AM
:) Yea, there are those. Am thinking that I may have gotten just alittle bit spoiled from the guidance on the Gateway Experience cd's....*rolls up sleeves* guess its time to start applying my lazy bum :wink:

Ouroboros
15th January 2009, 05:36 AM
Question for you Donnie, if you don't mind my asking.

Did the Gateway CD's work right away for you? I've been trying them every so often and have yet to go into Focus 10. Just curious about other's experiences.

Korpo
15th January 2009, 10:33 AM
Did the Gateway CD's work right away for you? I've been trying them every so often and have yet to go into Focus 10. Just curious about other's experiences.

Do you mean you never tried or it never worked?

Oliver

DonnieJason
15th January 2009, 09:16 PM

Hello Ouroboros,

With the first 6-8 sessions I had pure beginners luck. I progressively opened up to the focus 10 sessions, but however I never got past, I would say half way? What I mean is at the end of those sessions I was semi paralyzed in my arms and feet, and had let go of my body functions from relaxation everywhere but my eyes. I also had intense feelings of pressure in my brow and head and other slight tingly feelings..but I dont exactly know if that was anything to be directly connected to Focus 10.

Full focus 10 and beyond has been a slippery slope for me, I am pretty sure that I can get back to where I left off with the semi paralyzation..its from that point in the past that I would either click out and wake up at the end of the session or either fall fully asleep and wake up about an hour to two hours later.

Trying without voice guidance or audio guidance I find myself to intent on "something" happening and as a result every 5 minutes or so I would constantly have to relax my left arm over and over or would lose my purpose and wake up way later.

My best results where when I was doing about 30 mins stretching/yoga before hand, wasnt stressed or peeved about anything, and I wasnt drinking coffee anywhere near that time. I will honestly say that since those successes I have jumped around alot and had a very infrequent schedule. Since last night though I have decided to get serious and do the consistent work required....what I have already learned from Map cd companion to help me is switching between "focusing on the blackness", my breath, and alittle energy body awareness while past Monroe counting me down to 10, this should keep me from falling to sleep and allow me to get more comfortable letting go fully.

I dont know if any of this will help, and I know I am confusing, just ask me to clarify something, I dont mind.

Donnie

Ouroboros
15th January 2009, 10:37 PM
That was actually pretty helpful, thank you Donnie. :)

I think my problem with the CD's is likely an inability to relax enough to experience mind awake/body asleep. I get nowhere even close to feeling sleep paralysis in the sessions. I guess my focus should shift to relaxation exercises until I feel confident enough that my body can sink into a relaxed enough state for the CD's to work properly.

CFTraveler
16th January 2009, 01:49 AM
A little hint: Stop expecting for 'nothing' to happen- a lot of people wait for paralysis or numbness- waiting for numbness (that is, no feeling) to happen will never happen because you will not feel it (since there is nothing to feel). That's why I always advocate to do body-centric work (such as energy raising and such) in the beginning of the session, and after trance move to energy body loosening- after that the focus should not be on 'feeling/not feeling' but on observing your surroundings (and by that I mean whatever is in front of your closed eyes, whatever hypnagogics/astral noise/voices/other input) there is, and to notice how your thought process is- to see if your awareness has indeed expanded and are then ready for the exit technique (or whatever your plans are when you reach focus 10 to 12.

Ouroboros
16th January 2009, 02:02 AM
Hmm, okay. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next session. Thanks, CF. :)

DonnieJason
16th January 2009, 04:54 AM
She makes alot of sense, playing with my semi-paralysis :| <--guilty, and working on noticing the process of physical relaxation so much, while not wanting to risk falling asleep, is keeping my consciousness trapped?/locked? in my body and would not be allowing expansion?/altering? of consciousness. Or also am not truly letting go of physical senses...I only say this of the physical senses because of what is said in the little JOOTB manual , "Condition C is characterized by the shutting down of various sensory mechanism inputs. The sense of touch apparently goes first. You seem to have no feeling in any part of your body. Smell and taste soon follow. The auditory signals are next, and the last to fade out is vision."

For me personally is to get over the hurdle of where I first was and on to what CFTraveler talked about..while not falling into the pit of un-consciousness..sounds harder than it is..I just really hate falling asleep or clicking out.

On a side note I hated to bring up Condition C or anything like that. Condition A, B, C are all in the Borderland sleep state..Mind Awake/Body Asleep..Focus 10. To keep it pure and simple would be to focus on what CFTraveler said.

Donnie