PDA

View Full Version : Drained

Fish
14th January 2009, 08:33 PM
As some of you may know, my husband’s back is out. Last night when we went to bed he was in a lot more pain than he has been. I curled up to him on my side and laid my hand on his chest and let Reiki flow into him. I fell asleep doing this. I woke up about an hour or two later and had to use the bathroom. I got up out of bed and almost fell down! I felt like I had no strength left.. kindof like when your foot falls asleep but without the tingling.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here?

Palehorse Redivivus
14th January 2009, 08:54 PM
Yep... I've done healing sessions that have similarly taken a lot out of me. There's one I'm thinking of where I figured I was ready to end the session, and then realized I couldn't really move or talk for a little while afterward. It wasn't unpleasant or anything... I think it was just a combination of being really deeply relaxed, and loopy from the volume of energy I'd had going through me. Fun stuff, but woooo... :P

Timotheus
4th February 2009, 10:34 PM
:D

Jaco
4th February 2009, 11:13 PM
As some of you may know, my husband’s back is out. Last night when we went to bed he was in a lot more pain than he has been. I curled up to him on my side and laid my hand on his chest and let Reiki flow into him. I fell asleep doing this. I woke up about an hour or two later and had to use the bathroom. I got up out of bed and almost fell down! I felt like I had no strength left.. kindof like when your foot falls asleep but without the tingling.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here?

WoW :shock: Maybe you've sent him some of your energy? i sometimes get tired a bit when using reiki but that mostly is because of the high energy flow.

Timotheus
5th February 2009, 01:33 AM
:D

ButterflyWoman
5th February 2009, 05:23 AM
This sort of thing has happened to me. I've found that what I need to do is draw energy from the earth and the universe around me, rather than using my own energy. I only have just so much, but if I "plug in" to a greater source, I can act as a sort of conduit.

Fish
9th February 2009, 06:09 PM
This sort of thing has happened to me. I've found that what I need to do is draw energy from the earth and the universe around me, rather than using my own energy. I only have just so much, but if I "plug in" to a greater source, I can act as a sort of conduit.

I'll make a point of remembering to do this, thanks!

wstein
10th February 2009, 04:59 AM
This is very common in energy healing. It happens when you give your energy rather than source it from elsewhere. As you were doing a lot of healing, somewhere along you probably lost the connection to your source but either didn't notice or ignored it. Happens when you are tired.