PDA

View Full Version : Loose Kid- Rat in his own science maze

Free_955
17th January 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi

I am very interested in OBE's, and I have attempted them.

But I think I should just read books about them instead. I don't want to be a "kid on the loose" (teenager, actually) who goes around getting into all sorts of mischief. I think I'm too young to be trying it anyway (18). And I'm also very introverted and OCDish.

My psychologist told me to stay away from astral travel. And I think she is talking for my own good. Even though people say the only way to know about astral travel is to conduct your own experiments, I don't want to feel like a rat in a maze. For a while I thought being a psychonaut was interesting, but it lead to disastrous hardships (solipsism).

I don't want to go completely mad and insane. I was already having problems (which I solved) with solipsism syndrome, and withdrawing into my own "ideosyncratic" world might worsen it. It would just make the real world I live in seem less real and more illusional, which is scary.

Also, I already escaped Gnosticweb (that horrible cult-prison) and the other kids there trying astral travel seemed really lost, brainwashed, and disoriented. One of them said to her mother "your'e just my Earth mother" and another one wanted to quit school because someone told her something upsetting about 2012. Some of them had annoying messaiah complexes and obsessions with occult symbology, saying "this type of music is bad for the egos" - nonsense. All those cult membmers managed to do was transmute themselves into b*tches.

And I remember Robert Bruce said that people with mental instability shouldn't practice astral stuff. I was also trying to see "the light", (related to Kundalini?) but I read that it can be dangerous and that young people shouldn't try it. I kind of felt pressured by all of these spiritual gurus and teachers to try it, but I don't think I should really take the risk. I might withdraw into my own world and become bored with this one.

I occasionally do get spontaneous OBE's, but I'm not sure if they were just wishful dreams (fake OBE'S). I don't even know if OBE's really exist in the first place (although I kind of believe they do, because I've had really vivid, spiritual dreams before)

Maybe when I'm older, more grounded, and more responsible, I can try...if I have someone experienced and trustworthy to mentor me. Right now, I don't even know if psychic abilities even exist or are valid (not delusions)

For now, I'll just go to sleep normally without ever trying to OBE. I'll just let spiritual experiences come as they may. That's the safe way.

Maybe now I'll take things easy and just try energy work/ practical meditation/relaxation. (I have heard intense meditation can cause psychosis and/or worsen OCD) I don't want to have to question "what is reality" like a rat in a maze, conducting his own science experiment (or consider the divine matrimony of alchemical ascended alchemy transcending polar bodies of circular matrimony harmonics) I just want to be me. I don't want to be transmuted into a sausage.
Thank you

Chicken Mcnuggets

The statements expressed on this and other threads are solely the opinion of the individual posters themselves, and not the opinion of Robert Bruce, Astral Dynamics, or it's Administration and Moderation Team. Astral Dynamics in no way endorses what are essentially opinions expressed in a conversation board.
Admin Note.

Korpo
18th January 2009, 08:43 AM
Fair enough. :)

Most of the people experiencing OBE aren't nutcrackers, though. Maybe it will come to you on your own, when you are ready. I would not discount spontaneous experiences, they are very good. People discounting spontaneous experiences are doing themselves a disfavor. There's no "*THE* OBE" or "*THE* experience". Even if some people insist on it, I find this is only self-limitation.

It's surely wise not to try too hard. Whatever feels okay to you.

As for meditation - cutting yourself off from the world and doing awful lots of meditation and trying to solve all the big questions at once - IMO that is the sure-fire way to get really, really weird and overwhelming results way too soon. But that's not the nature of meditation, it's the nature of intent. The tool is not deciding what you are trying to do with it.

Pouring sheer willpower into a certain intention you have will align you towards it. But the energy changes you may set loose might bury you like an avalanche. Because if the intent is very ambitious, combined with lots of ungrounded solitary practice, you will get big results but have no framework in which to safely handle them. Again IMO, but there's several teachers out there who say something similar, if not the same. Good things come to those who can wait. It's not a race.

So, moderating one's intent and moderating one's practice time to what you can actually handle is the safe way to go. I'm sure you're handling it right for your situation. Meditation in moderation might help your OCD, too, but there's no guarantee.

Take good care,
Oliver

CFTraveler
18th January 2009, 07:35 PM
I applaud your maturity in reaching this decision. I do believe when you're ready you'll try it again.