PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried mantra?

alwayson4
21st January 2009, 07:52 PM
In the East, you use mantras to get rid of black magic and protect against negs.

I am not an expert on this though....

I know one mantra: OM AH HUM

alwayson4
21st January 2009, 07:53 PM
from what I understand HUM is pronounced as if to rhyme with broom

Jaco
21st January 2009, 11:07 PM
Th
I know one mantra: OM AH HUM
That mantra on youtube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qmNtizr5kA8&feature=related

I stumbled upon this: http://www.lilasakura.com/index.php?pr=Meditation,_Japa,_Healing

sono
20th February 2009, 05:44 AM
I always use mantras, different ones for different purposes. Dattatreya Shiva Baba has a nice file on them though I don't have a link to hand; & there are various sites that list mantras & their uses.
For protection, the word "kleem" is very good, & the mantra OM KLEEM KRISHNAYA GOPIJANA VALLABHAYA SWAHA is one of the best.

Each person seems to react differently to the same mantra, it's best to test through your own practise. But OM MANI PEME HUNG affects the heart chakra positively; so does BABA NAM KEVALAM ; OM should apparently not be chanted by women, by the way. . . . something to do with energy configurations, not sure that I accept that, but for what it's worth. . . OM GAM GANAPATAYE NAMAH is a good protective mantra before a new undertaking; OM GAM SHREEM MAHA LAKSHMIYEY SWAHA is good for attracting good fortune. There are so many!!

Namaste

Timotheus
20th February 2009, 09:56 PM
:D

Paul H.
10th March 2009, 01:51 AM
A query of “OM AH HUM” from Google’s search engine results in a long list of about 18,600 Web sites. This mantra must be extremely popular for those with an Internet connection. Jonathan Goldman also has a Temple of Sacred Sound with the OM AH and HU mantras along with some accompanying artistic videos. Many times when I become lucid in dreams and realize that I am face to face with unknown and potentially hostile entities, I’ll start using spiritual mantras.