PDA

View Full Version : banishing ritual before and after OBE

Jev
28th January 2009, 11:08 AM
Hi,
After reading Robert's excellent book "Practical Psychic Self-Defense" I considering now to do banishing ritual before and after OBE.
I was doing banishing rituals already for a last several years, but mostly in case of Negs attack . But now I start thinking that it actually good idea to do it before and after every OBE.
What do you think?
Thanks
Jev

CFTraveler
28th January 2009, 04:44 PM
There's no reason not to, if it makes you feel safe.
I do some simple prayer work and sometimes shielding.

alwayson4
28th January 2009, 06:54 PM
You can if you want, but the most powerful protection is cleaning up the belief system

Have you read the catch basket article?

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... ncept.html (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/teachings/catch-basket-concept.html)

Actually physically write out your own list...

P.S. In Astral Dynamics, it says that during a RTZ OBE, the physical body automatically puts up a powerful neg detection system. I would read that part of the book.

Jev
29th January 2009, 10:18 AM
I'm going to read this article and also this part from Astral Dynamics.
And I need some time for thinking about it.
Many Thanks !

You can if you want, but the most powerful protection is cleaning up the belief system

Have you read the catch basket article?

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... ncept.html (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/teachings/catch-basket-concept.html)

Actually physically write out your own list...

P.S. In Astral Dynamics, it says that during a RTZ OBE, the physical body automatically puts up a powerful neg detection system. I would read that part of the book.

Jev
29th January 2009, 10:20 AM
Many Thanks !

There's no reason not to, if it makes you feel safe.
I do some simple prayer work and sometimes shielding.

ButterflyWoman
29th January 2009, 10:33 AM
In my opinion, it's good to develop the habit of always shielding yourself (I use an energy "bubble" around myself). Once or twice a day, just quietly release any negative energy and create a bubble out of energy that totally surrounds you. I also include a grounding line the extends deep into the earth and a second line that draws energy from the earth. That way I don't have to use my own energy to maintain the shield. Once I got in the habit, I found that I just do this automatically, without even having to think about it, but I always refresh it before I go to sleep, anyway.

Jev
4th February 2009, 04:47 PM
Many thanks OlderWiser !!!
I'm always so happy receiving posts from you !
Just one small thing.
Do you think that shielding protect you not only from Negs but actually from all entities including good one ?
I also doing sometime shielding, but only in extremely dangerous situations when I feel very hard Negs attack.

In my opinion, it's good to develop the habit of always shielding yourself (I use an energy "bubble" around myself). Once or twice a day, just quietly release any negative energy and create a bubble out of energy that totally surrounds you. I also include a grounding line the extends deep into the earth and a second line that draws energy from the earth. That way I don't have to use my own energy to maintain the shield. Once I got in the habit, I found that I just do this automatically, without even having to think about it, but I always refresh it before I go to sleep, anyway.

ButterflyWoman
4th February 2009, 10:27 PM
Do you think that shielding protect you not only from Negs but actually from all entities including good one ?
Well, I intend the shield to only filter out people, energy, and entities that have other than my highest good/best interests in mind. I can still receive divine guidance and so on.

I also doing sometime shielding, but only in extremely dangerous situations when I feel very hard Negs attack.
I don't give negative energy the opportunity to get near me at all. If you wait until you feel threatened, you're already having to fight it, you know? I just keep it away from the start, and my life is much more peaceful and a lot happier, and I'm always amazed at how some people just start to disappear and others are still totally comfortable around me. It's a good indicator of who my friends really are. ;)

Jev
5th February 2009, 09:59 AM
Very interesting !
I will think about it for some time.
Thanks

Well, I intend the shield to only filter out people, energy, and entities that have other than my highest good/best interests in mind. I can still receive divine guidance and so on.

I don't give negative energy the opportunity to get near me at all. If you wait until you feel threatened, you're already having to fight it, you know? I just keep it away from the start, and my life is much more peaceful and a lot happier, and I'm always amazed at how some people just start to disappear and others are still totally comfortable around me. It's a good indicator of who my friends really are. ;)

Jev
5th February 2009, 02:33 PM
Why also to shield from people?
I thought its should be only from Negs.
I also feel sick sometime when getting closer to some persons. But I thought its not because of these persons directly, but because of Negs surrounding or attached to them.
Thanks

ButterflyWoman
5th February 2009, 02:43 PM
Some people are energy vampires. Some are just incredibly negative. Some people are prone to throw psychic attacks. Some people are just folks I don't want to deal with for any number of reasons.

Also, I'm empathic, and it's easy for me to get overwhelmed by some people, and particularly in a crowd where I'm bombarded by all kind of emotions all over the place. It's extremely draining and very tiring and can actually be painful.

I also feel sick sometime when getting closer to some persons. But I thought its not because of these persons directly, but because of Negs surrounding or attached to them.
Could be either. Some people really DO drain your energy, whether they know it or not. Sometimes it's negs, but in my experience, it's just as often the people, themselves. And sometimes it's both.

Jev
5th February 2009, 04:27 PM
OK
I understand.
Thanks

Some people are energy vampires. Some are just incredibly negative. Some people are prone to throw psychic attacks. Some people are just folks I don't want to deal with for any number of reasons.

Also, I'm empathic, and it's easy for me to get overwhelmed by some people, and particularly in a crowd where I'm bombarded by all kind of emotions all over the place. It's extremely draining and very tiring and can actually be painful.

Could be either. Some people really DO drain your energy, whether they know it or not. Sometimes it's negs, but in my experience, it's just as often the people, themselves. And sometimes it's both.

alwayson4
7th February 2009, 04:50 AM
Hi Jev,

If you read "Energy Work" by Robert Bruce, it describes how to build one of the better shields out there....chapter 5 I think. Yet keep in mind that ALL shields have their limits. They need to be CONSTANTLY maintained and stregthened. It really is not worth it, in my opinion...but I am lazy. But if you have time every day to build and maintain the plank shield from Energy Work, go for it.

But to reiterate what I said before, I do not think it is necessary for OBE...on the other hand the trance state is a very good time to build/maintain the shield so that it is available when necessary.

Jev
9th February 2009, 12:51 PM
Many thanks !!!
I'm going to read again "Energy Work", more carefully this time.

Hi Jev,

If you read "Energy Work" by Robert Bruce, it describes how to build one of the better shields out there....chapter 5 I think. Yet keep in mind that ALL shields have their limits. They need to be CONSTANTLY maintained and stregthened. It really is not worth it, in my opinion...but I am lazy. But if you have time every day to build and maintain the plank shield from Energy Work, go for it.

But to reiterate what I said before, I do not think it is necessary for OBE...on the other hand the trance state is a very good time to build/maintain the shield so that it is available when necessary.

alwayson4
9th February 2009, 04:42 PM
You are quite welcome.

You are one of the few people here, who are actually interested in Robert Bruce's works, so I thank you.

Jev
13th February 2009, 01:49 PM
Dear OlderWiser,
I have tried recently your method of shielding .
I found this method much better than one I was using.
Method what I was using is too much complex and difficult ( some kind of complex metallic construction around me ).
But one think is still very difficult for me - maintaining the shield and to keep it exists and working after you finish with imagination of it.

ButterflyWoman
13th February 2009, 02:00 PM
But one think is still very difficult for me - maintaining the shield and to keep it exists and working after you finish with imagination of it.
Try this: Create the "bubble" and then send a long line, a "root" or an "umbilical" if you will, deep into the earth, with the intention of drawing energy from the earth to power the shield. Sometimes I do a "double" line, one of which sends the "used" energy back for recycling, and one that draws fresh energy.

I find that the more you practice shielding, the more it becomes second nature to do it. I don't even think about it most times now. I just set it up and forget about it, and only notice it when I go to bed and go through my "before sleep" ritual (which includes refreshing my shield).

Keep practicing, and maybe try different techniques until you get one that works for you. :)

Jev
13th February 2009, 04:53 PM
One question.
I thought that line which is going to earth is only for grounding you energy out, not for getting more energy.
And for getting energy in we need a line which going to sky.
Do you think I'm wrong?

Try this: Create the "bubble" and then send a long line, a "root" or an "umbilical" if you will, deep into the earth, with the intention of drawing energy from the earth to power the shield. Sometimes I do a "double" line, one of which sends the "used" energy back for recycling, and one that draws fresh energy.

I find that the more you practice shielding, the more it becomes second nature to do it. I don't even think about it most times now. I just set it up and forget about it, and only notice it when I go to bed and go through my "before sleep" ritual (which includes refreshing my shield).

Keep practicing, and maybe try different techniques until you get one that works for you. :)

ButterflyWoman
14th February 2009, 03:21 AM
I thought that line which is going to earth is only for grounding you energy out, not for getting more energy.
Why can't you do both? (This is why I customarily have two lines, though I don't think it's necessary; a cable can carry signals both ways at the same time if it's designed to do so.)

Where is the sky, then? Meaning, why is up "up"? Why is down, "down"? Why is there energy in "the sky" (whatever the sky might be) but not in the earth?

Really, as far as I can tell it's just a matter of preference and perspective. I don't feel comfortable shooting out an infinite psychic line to the nothingness of space. I just don't like the idea of it. To me, it seems like a tentacle beacon or something, and so I don't do it.

But if you feel happy about doing that and you're happy doing it, do it that way.

It's really all very personal. There's no one "right way" or "wrong way".

Do you think I'm wrong?
No. I think you're just not thinking about things in a non-linear way. Time and space (including "up" and "down") are just abstract, relative ideas. The earth is full of energy, why not draw from there? You can, if you want to. Or you can draw it from the expanses of space. Or from some other source, maybe an ever-flowing wellspring inside you. You don't have to limit yourself to other people's concept of reality. ;)

Jev
5th March 2009, 11:05 AM
Finally found little free time.
It is too much work in a last several days and too stressful work.
Still trying your method of shielding with different variations.
And found that it helps me a lot.
Thank you very much !
Jev

Why can't you do both? (This is why I customarily have two lines, though I don't think it's necessary; a cable can carry signals both ways at the same time if it's designed to do so.)

Where is the sky, then? Meaning, why is up "up"? Why is down, "down"? Why is there energy in "the sky" (whatever the sky might be) but not in the earth?

Really, as far as I can tell it's just a matter of preference and perspective. I don't feel comfortable shooting out an infinite psychic line to the nothingness of space. I just don't like the idea of it. To me, it seems like a tentacle beacon or something, and so I don't do it.

But if you feel happy about doing that and you're happy doing it, do it that way.

It's really all very personal. There's no one "right way" or "wrong way".

Do you think I'm wrong?
No. I think you're just not thinking about things in a non-linear way. Time and space (including "up" and "down") are just abstract, relative ideas. The earth is full of energy, why not draw from there? You can, if you want to. Or you can draw it from the expanses of space. Or from some other source, maybe an ever-flowing wellspring inside you. You don't have to limit yourself to other people's concept of reality. ;)