PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Crystal Shield

Ouroboros
30th January 2009, 06:29 AM
I just tried something on a whim and figured I'd share it in case someone else finds it useful.

I was contemplating how I haven't really done any serious shielding when I really should be doing that (I'm pretty sure I'm strongly empathic, and up until tonight haven't really employed any methods aimed at protecting myself).

While my mind was wandering for a moment, it took the subject of shielding and I had a mental visualization of a fan of emerald light emerging from my solar plexus and then turning into a crystal-like enclosure around me. For some reason, the deep emerald color seemed key. So, I got myself out of daydream mode and actually focused on a solid visualization of said shield. I noticed a very subtle but still perceptible improvement in my mood, and a slight lessening of some nausea I've been feeling since playing with Mind Stereo (a brainwave entrainment program).

I think later I might experiment with some different colored shields and see what effects they have. Anyways, just thought I'd share. If ya give it a try, please share your experience in the thread, I'd be curious to see how it works for others.

Tom
30th January 2009, 06:56 AM
There are emeralds that are not gem quality. They are actually fairly cheap. You could put a few of them in a cloth bag and wear it on a string around your neck or something, to connect with emerald energy in a more tangible way.

ButterflyWoman
30th January 2009, 11:00 AM
There are emeralds that are not gem quality. They are actually fairly cheap.
Absolutely. Do a search on eBay for emeralds (uncut, raw, etc.). You'll find lots of affordable stones that are really emerald but NOT gem quality at all, or very affordable jewellery items that have low-quality emeralds in them (sterling silver pendants, for example).

Palehorse Redivivus
30th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Good call on using crystals and their energetic properties as the concept for shielding; I do that a lot too. If something neggy is around I'll throw up a shield of black tourmaline, which works well. Ruby is another that I use sometimes (which can also be found cheap in lower quality... I've got a ring I wear); it seems to have a very energetic vibe.

ButterflyWoman
30th January 2009, 02:35 PM
If something neggy is around I'll throw up a shield of black tourmaline, which works well.
Oh, I LOVE that stuff. I've got several pieces of jewellery using black tourmaline, and a number of natural crystals of it around the place, particularly by my bed. Tourmaline (any colour) is my favourite stone. :)

Ruby is another that I use sometimes (which can also be found cheap in lower quality... I've got a ring I wear); it seems to have a very energetic vibe.
Interesting. I never used to like ruby but lately I've been drawn to it. I've got a ring and some earrings and a pendant, all very affordable, but still the real thing.

I can also recommend garnet (another very affordable stone) as a very good protection stone. Garnets are my second-favourite stone, just after tourmaline, and I wear them very frequently. In fact, at the moment I'm wearing one of my favourite pieces of jewllery, a bracelet made with beads of black tourmaline, garnet, and smokey quartz. Very grounding, and very protective. In fact, this bracelet could be worn by a bloke and it would look fine. I got it on eBay. ;)

Ouroboros
3rd February 2009, 03:59 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions on finding affordable stones! Right now I'm not too worried about getting the actual physical stones, but at least I know now I can get some pretty easily if the need arises. :)

I had another interesting experience involving thoughtform crystals last night. I was having multiple dreams, none of which I really remember much about. I do remember at one point though that things started taking a negative turn at one point...I could feel the dream beginning to turn into a nightmare, with that rising sense of terror and tension. I think I was half-awake at this point, and I remember thinking "hey...that's weird, why is my dreaming turning so negative? Maybe it's an attack!" And so I tried doing the emerald shield again, but it didn't really help any - I switched to a ruby shield, and again, no effect. Then I remembered the black tourmaline mentioned in this thread, and instead of changing the shield again, I just created an image of a black tourmaline stone (shaped kind of like a thin angular oval, if that makes any sense), and I could feel the negative energy just sort of draining into the stone. After only a few seconds, I felt normal again. That was a pretty neat experience.

Beekeeper
3rd February 2009, 09:39 AM
Wow, you're good at shielding!