PDA

View Full Version : Advice, and how to take your own.

Neil Templar
30th January 2009, 06:39 PM
I've noticed, throughout my life, that i've often been able to give friends just the right advice, when they ask for it.
I also find it very easy to see both sides of an argument, and so can give them a different perspective than their own to think about.
Just the other day a friend of mine told him i'd "blown his mind" with what i told him. :?
So why is it so difficult to live my own life according to this apparent "wisdom"?

(BTW, i don't really consider myself "wise", the word just seemed appropriate.)

Korpo
30th January 2009, 08:18 PM
Well, do your friends actually live your advice or just take it and continue just the same? I guess knowing something and getting it right in your life are two different things... sadly enough! :?

Oliver

Neil Templar
31st January 2009, 02:08 AM
good question!
i'm not sure.
but my point is, that i can point them in the right direction, but seem to have difficulty getting where i want to be myself.
sometimes it's like i know what i should be doing... but some part of me decides to do the opposite.
self sabotage, something like that. it's frustrating.
i guess i'll get there in time...

wstein
31st January 2009, 04:02 AM
Many healers have this very problem. They can pull off miracle cures on others but can't fix a simple headache of their own. Usually its because deep down they don't feel deserving (poor self image). Curiously ,this is often phrased as 'my gifts are for others'. Can't say if it applies here or not.

Neil Templar
31st January 2009, 11:19 AM
yeah, for many years I had a very poor self image.
I guess some remnants of that still remain.
I realized when I was posting this that in fact it's no way near as bad as it used to be when I was younger.
Transformation doesn't happen overnight.
There are many layers to peel away yet...

Timotheus
31st January 2009, 05:07 PM
:D

Timotheus
31st January 2009, 05:57 PM
:D

Neil Templar
31st January 2009, 06:28 PM
Tim.
Thank You.
I shall indeed contemplate your words, now, and again, should this mood take me. As it surely will.

Into The Wild.
I watched it at the cinema last year.
I returned seven days later to watch it again. :)
Not many movies do that to me.

peace.