PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Science - Fields of Life

journyman161
8th February 2009, 09:40 AM
The world around us seems set on the idea that everything we are and do can be explained through brains and brain chemistry, but when we look at things psychic or astral, the descriptions seem to fall short of what is experienced. If we look at the work of Edward de Bono we find he has done some serious work in showing that Mind is what we are about and uses as proof the way we can perform the small miracles known as Lateral thinking and brains would seem to be little more than the switching gear for Mind and Consciousness.

Think of it like a phone exchange - there's a building, with a lot of switches in it - it gets used for connecting people across the city, across the world. That's the brain.

The switches are operated by electricity, a series of moving charges that respond to external stimuli and facilitate the passage of conversations, the sharing and access of knowledge. This electricity corresponds to the nervous energy that causes neurons to fire up, that passes messages along the nerves to initiate or report actions and reactions.

The conversations themselves are the Mind - billions of bits of information, in movement, connecting and reconnecting, creating knowledge, enhancing awareness, connecting and destroying relationships, ever changing and ever responsive to the outside world. This is Mind.

In short, Minds are what Brains do.

And let's not forget the people making the calls, generating the conversations - this is Consciousness.

To ascribe all these parts to the physical mechanisms of the Brain, even though those functions and mechanisms are truly incredible to contemplate, is to fall, I think, for the Big Lie - there has been concerted effort to convince us that we are merely physical - media and 'authority' has spent considerable time in trying to ensure that we somehow manage to ignore the less mundane aspects of existence.

If the 'Brain is All' idea had any serious degree of correctness psychiatrists would have a much higher success rate than they do.

Some people have been working on an alternative view, and they are using science to do it.
Rupert Sheldrake was the guy who had a meter attached to a plant and noticed the plant reacted to the thought of damage. He investigated further and found miracles. Sheldrake was a biologist, someone who should have been firmly in the 'physical is everything' camp but he was also a scientist of the real kind. He let the data change his ideas and went looking for explanations.

There's a type of bird that, in Holland before World War 2 had learned the value of pecking the tops of the home-delivered milk to get at the contents. Then came WW2. The war lasted much longer than the life span of the birds. After the war, some time passed and finally milk deliveries began again. The birds were back at the milk almost straight away.

Our normal world says there is no way the birds could have remembered the trick. None of the original birds were alive and there had been no bottles for the old adults to pass along the idea. Yet they did.

A female chimp discovered that washing shellfish in the creek cleansed the sand and grit and made it much more enjoyable to eat. After a little while the rest of her group learned the trick. It's possible the group from over the hill somehow managed to come and watch and picked it up also. It is beyond belief the trick spread so quickly to chimp groups across the country.

He found also that plant cells are basically just one type of cell that differentiates because of outside factors - some become the elongated cells that form the wood of the trunk of trees - these cells form the cellulose and suicide, making a bit of a mockery that all cells strive for existence.

Bruce Lipton was also a biologist, teaching medical biology to Doctors. He noticed a similar thing about stem cells - they form into what they become based on external stimuli, NOT genetic coding.

He noticed some other things also about cells.

Most people think of DNA as the brains of the cells. There's the diea that DNA controls what happens to the cell, what it does in its existence and how it reacts to things. Some even think DNA initiates the replication process that provides the DNA for eggs and sperm to allow sexual reproduction.

This turns out not to be the case. DNA is simply a blueprint, a set of instructions that is referred to when needed. When called for, a process begins that 'reads' the DNA, copying it out into RNA, which is then used to make a protein, which can then perform work.

Cells react to triggers. The triggers come from outside, reaching the cell membrane and causing a reaction which either allows the trigger into the cell or causes the membrane to react inside the cell to initiate a reaction. All cells work this way.

Where the mystery comes in, is we have yet to find the cell that can initiate, on its own, any trigger. All of them react to an external trigger. All of them. You can trace a process back up the chain until you get to what appears to be the origin of the process, only to find it also doesn't have any way to 'decide' to 'begin' the process.

Apart from chemicals of varying kinds, there are other ways to trigger a cell. We know from hard science experiments and research that fields will cause reactions in cells. Electric and magnetic fields can have a variety of reactions depending on strength and frequency. EM signals can cause reactions - an extreme example would be sunburn or cancer. Radiation from radioactive sources can also cause effects.

Lipton found also some strangeness in transplants - sometimes a transplant would have an effect on the recipient and when the personality changes were checked back to the donor, someone unknown at all to the recipient, they'd find such traits were associated with the donors. Something about the transplants was bringing traits we consider to be peronalised to an individual into another personality.

There is more, much more in these areas, but basically both men came to a conclusion.
Independently and following wildly different paths, both scientists have come to the conclusion that we are fields. We attach to and 'own' our physical bodies but they are both on the path to proving we are far more than merely physical.

To return to our exchange analogy, the Consciousness causing the conversations turns out to be a field, of a type not easily defined, although kirlian photography might be giving clues by showing how the life-field reacts with high frequency electric fields.

In reading what these two have to say, I think they are tracking two slightly different ‘field effects.’

Rupert Sheldrake’s Morphogenetic Fields (MF) would appear to be like a subset of Gaia, a group field that underlies species or maybe even smaller groups. He sees the field as pertaining to a specific type, so there might be a magpie MF and a crow MF that are both subsets of a Bird MF.

I speculate that maybe humans can form MF’s when we associate. Perhaps people can meld into a number of MF’s at once, so as the situation changes they go from the Catholic MF to the Butcher MF to the Firefighter MF to the football MF as needed. On top of these they might belong to the Australian MF, the Caucasian MF and the human MF.

Bruce Lipton on the other hand seems to be on the track of a more personal field – the one, I think, that might be us. I don’t think he has managed to measure it yet other than indirectly such as maybe kirlian photography shows, but he certainly has tracked down some evidence towards it.

I’m wondering if perhaps the two fields might be glimpses of two different heritages. I’ve wondered for a long time about how we might have come to be – there seems a definite connection into the DNA of Earth, yet there also seems to be a disconnection of humans from what the highest of the other species has attained.

I wonder if perhaps the morphogenetic field is the impetus behind Life on Earth while the personal field of Lipton’s may be the astral being who comes to own the body to achieve experience in this realm.

CFTraveler
8th February 2009, 03:28 PM
I wonder if perhaps the morphogenetic field is the impetus behind Life on Earth while the personal field of Lipton’s may be the astral being who comes to own the body to achieve experience in this realm.
Very interesting, jman.
I too became very interested in the issue of morphogenetic fields when I read Rupert's first book- the idea that stem cells responds to another stimulus other than genetic coding is one that fascinated me- how one specific code can produce different patterns depending on the preponderance of patterns and how a new pattern in the same subgroup can cause spontaneous occurences in others within the same coding is fascinating, and not explainable by 'traditional' explanations.
I guess I better read Bruce Lipton. Can you recommend a title?

journyman161
8th February 2009, 07:16 PM
You could have a look at The New Biology (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8506668136396723343) then check his site http://www.brucelipton.com - checkk his [About] page - that's one impressive list.

CFTraveler
8th February 2009, 09:15 PM
Very interesting. Thanks.

Mishell
9th February 2009, 08:38 AM
I'm reading The Boilogy of Belief by Bruce Lipton.

I found it so funny the other day when I read a headline that said something like Can't make friends? It might be your genes.