PDA

View Full Version : Pendulums, and wondering if it is just the higher self

nerol
9th February 2009, 05:24 AM
sorry didn't see a section for pendulums, crystals, and dowsing rods etc

anyway i got this green adventurine pendulum the other day (i thought it was jade), but the thing really seems to have a mind of it's own and be quite active, and independent when i use it, to the point where i feel like i am actually dealing with an outside force that is controlling it

the wisdom of the day suggests that it is my higher self or consciousness, or perhaps even tapping into the cosmic consciousness which is controlling this thing, but when i see it start going wild, i feel like telling it things like , "i love you" , or "you're ok", or "thank you, thank you, thank you", or "calm down", or "ok we're gonna take a break now", etc , etc, etc.

so do other people get this type of a feeling when working with a pendulum? or am i just going crazy here? i do do a lot of energy work, and projection etc

thank you

CFTraveler
9th February 2009, 02:14 PM
sorry didn't see a section for pendulums, crystals, and dowsing rods etc
We usually have stuff like that in the 'Mysticism' forum- seems to go there.

I'll go ahead and move it, if it's ok with you.

As to what the agent is, there are various schools of thought.
I've taken a couple of pendulum classes (although I try not to practice it too much) and I've heard various theories.

One, your subconscious moves it. This makes sense because your subconscious stores all of your memories (or has access to them, really) so you may not be aware of what you 'know'.
The Higher Self is another way of explaining it- for the same reason. Only the Higher Self has 'more information' and is more intelligent about it. Who you prefer depends on your worldview.
I have also been told by a 'pendulum master' that a vortex can mess up your readings, and negs can too. I don't know if this is true, but just thinking that it can is enough for me to think it can mess up the integrity of the information, so I don't use the pendulum unless I really really have to, and take all precautions when I decide to.

All opinions, obviously.

It seems to me that if you do a lot projecting and 'immersion' type experiences, you're more 'in touch with' with the collective consciousness or Higher Self or whatever you want to call it- so it makes sense to me you're tapping into that type of intelligence. But that's just my guess.

So how you been?

nerol
10th February 2009, 01:41 AM
yaa ok, i thank you

umm by vortex, i think you mean like when it goes in circles, or a figure 8, instead of pointing to yes or no, or whatever

i indeed have experienced the dangers of negs, though some do choose to argue their reality (they just have to see for their selves i guess)

but i'm assuming a pendulum may be dangerous, because of the fact that your hand is sort of connected? thus allowing mediumship type possibilities?

i saw this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh4uK3YHsNQ

of these girls using an Oujia board, and it says "real posession", but what i assume happened (if it even was real), is that the entity began using the girl's hands and arms; and then maybe in a bad or good way, it tried to take over her body, so she could medium for it , but it freaked her out, because she was not prepared

but ya, i should probably just read up a bit more on pendulums i guess

and oh, i've been doing pretty good .. how have you been doing? i missed that at the end :D

CFTraveler
10th February 2009, 01:11 PM
By vortex I mean energy vortexes in a location that might mess up the reading- kind of like magnetism, etc. Apparently (according to the class I took) vortexes can form anywhere anytime, and some places are more prone to them than others (which makes sense, as objects/critters manifest anywhere really but some places are more prone to them as others.) So according to this teacher you should close your vortexes before using it for information (you use your pendulum for this also) to avoid skewed readings.
For example, I project in my bedroom a lot, therefore chances are I create vortexes there all the time. I close them, since doing a reading in a 'vortexy' place is like trying to use a windsock in a hurricane (or something like that).
As to negs, the idea is that a pendulum is connecting you to 'something', so it can be affected by anyone in the spirit world including negs, so you should practice protection and have a good relationship with guides and protectors, etc.

I'm glad it's all good- I'm doing ok too.

nerol
11th February 2009, 09:21 AM
ahh ok, now i got ya and ya i've actually heard of other people talk about these too ... thanks for putting it in pespective for me