PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reccomendation on Astrology..

boris
12th February 2009, 07:58 PM
.. I wanna learn more about this subject, can anyone reccomend a decent 'beginners guide' type book.

Fish
13th February 2009, 12:56 PM
Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" was the first book that got me interested. There's an overview I put together for an astrology 101 class I taught if you would like you have it I can email it to you - it's a Word Doc. Not lengthy but it outlines what it's basically about.

CFTraveler
13th February 2009, 12:58 PM
Or you could post it here, as your own article, since you wrote it.
Or in the Mysticism section, which I think would be better.
*Hint, hint*
:wink:
:mrgreen:

Fish
13th February 2009, 01:04 PM
Can it be posted as an attached document? There’s graphics and not just text is why I ask…

CFTraveler
13th February 2009, 01:18 PM
Of course. It's your document.

Fish
13th February 2009, 01:26 PM
OK I'll do that thanks :)

The file is loo large.. so anyway if anyone wants a copy of it just pm me with your email addy and I'll send it off to you.

boris
13th February 2009, 10:38 PM
thanks Fish, ill PM you.

Ghost LLP
14th February 2009, 10:21 AM
You might find this excerpt from Magick Without Tears helpful:

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/mwt/mwt_22.html

boris
16th February 2009, 12:32 PM
yeah very interesting, very entertaining writer Crowley, dont think he wrote a begginers guide though :lol:

Rigel
19th February 2009, 09:21 PM
Clairvision school has a website with an astrology software and free online courses and manuals: astrology.clairvision.org/index.html. They run courses on astrology in Australia and the USA.
I have been in the school for 3 years and did this course which was amazing.
Samuel Sagan has written a book called "Planetary forces, Alchemy and Healing" which is a very clear and great to learn astrology. Once you start being confortable with astrology and vision, you can learn astrological transits using books like "Planets in Transit" from Robert Hand.

Fish
20th February 2009, 01:40 PM
I will check into that thanks for the info 8)