PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about NEW during trance

Ouroboros
17th February 2009, 05:10 AM
I'm very curious about something. Energy work is said to be pretty effective in trance states and so forth, but I'm curious about the how of it.

Since NEW is based on tactile imaging, wouldn't being in a trance or in a mind awake/body asleep state be a hindrance, since it's harder to feel your limbs/body?

ariesr
17th February 2009, 07:57 AM
Nice timing with the thread. I also had this issue last night when I could feel very little of my body at all during meditation.

I managed to perform some energy work, which I suspect brought me a little out of deeper meditation and once that was done I focussed on meditation again.

ButterflyWoman
17th February 2009, 09:09 AM
Well, the object is actually to feel your energetic body, not necessarily your material one. Being able to feel the material body can help you focus your thought/intention, of course, which is why Robert recommends that you touch or gently scratch your skin, etc., to get your focus there.

I say this because I've gotten to the point now where my energy body is almost entirely independent of my material one, at least some of the time. I can have my energy body hands doing something like massaging my own shoulders while my material hands are cooking a meal, for example (bit like being a Hindu goddess, I suppose, with the multiple arms ;)).

Korpo
17th February 2009, 09:45 AM
I'd say the increase in effectiveness during energy work in trance derives from how much focussed attention is available. The less attention is focussed in perception of the physical senses the more is available to working with the inner senses and placing awareness into the tools you use (if any).

If I can get a good trance going more and more of what is not the main task of my mind at the moment is falling away. So, if I am doing energy work, sounds lessen and get more distant, and more and more of my attention is on the feeling of the energy itself, which gets amplified. It's part of shifting my attention more and more to the task at hand - a movement towards what is, I think, commonly referred to as "one-pointed concentration", though that is a much deeper achievement than what I usually experience during energy work. But definitely on the way towards it.

Also, while the image of the physical body may lessen, the feeling or awareness of other energy bodies might improve. If you start to feel like you are a different shape, you are at least working on the etheric body level or beyond. Working bodies "higher up in the food chain" ;) can yield better results, like working in the astral/emotional body can not only help solve emotional problems, but also ease physical/etheric problems and blocks tied into those.

Working with those bodies gets more effective if you can use trance to focus more on them, dampening the perception of your physical body. Like shifting the radio dial to help receiving another channel more clearly you tune out of one body and into another. I'm not saying I can do this at will, but it has happened sometimes. I wish it would happen more.

Oliver

ariesr
17th February 2009, 11:07 AM
Well, the object is actually to feel your energetic body, not necessarily your material one. Being able to feel the material body can help you focus your thought/intention, of course, which is why Robert recommends that you touch or gently scratch your skin, etc., to get your focus there.

I like it when I feel I've asked a really stupid question and gone barking up the wrong tree. :D

Thanks to you both for the replies.

ButterflyWoman
17th February 2009, 12:40 PM
I like it when I feel I've asked a really stupid question
No such thing as a stupid question. ;)

Ouroboros
17th February 2009, 03:53 PM
I like it when I feel I've asked a really stupid question
No such thing as a stupid question. ;)

I agree :).

And thanks to both of you as well; the answers make sense. My sensitivity just isn't quite up to snuff, but I think I'm going to start doing energy work while doing the Brainwave Entrainment stuff, since I don't have the time to do them separately.

Hopefully I'm not packing too much into single sessions for them to be effective x.x Want to buy more hours in the day, plz. :P

star
17th February 2009, 08:49 PM
When I am able to trance, and then able to do energy work in trance - its just energy - I have trouble making out limbs, or I feel my limbs in a super-sensitive way. Don't worry, you'll figure it out with practice. It just sounds confusing until you've put the time in.