PDA

View Full Version : Weirded out

Psychonaut1984
17th February 2009, 10:21 AM
I have been practicing PK for years and have never gotten very far. I have experienced some minor spontaneous PK in my presence, but nothing major. I have pretty much given up PK since I started practicing astral projecting, but from time to time when I am bored I will casually just think to move a random object at complete random when I don't really care if it moves or not.

Earlier today I was sitting on the couch reading, I was home alone, listening to music, this was after I had done a major cardio workout so I was very physically relaxed. I noticed something shiney under the coffee table and I randomly just tried focusing on it, tracing a path from the object to me and feeling it pull towards me. After about 5 minutes I remembered I needed to do my grounding meditation, I have been trying to fit these in about 8 times a day now. So I did that and when I was finished I just zoned out to some music. I completely forgot about the small shiney object under the table. After 10 minutes of zoning out, I turned my head and remembered the object under the coffee table but I realized it wasn't there anymore. I bent over and looked for it under the table but it wasn't there. Then I turned around and it was right next to where I was sitting on the floor by the couch! So at some point it moved 3 feet across the rug and next to where my feet were, and there is no way I could have knocked it and moved it out from under the table and put it next to me. I never moved from my spot.

So it makes me wonder, did this little nail just slide across the rug when I wasn't looking? Did it teleport? How fast did it move? Did it levitate? I don't know, I was completely weirded out by this for about 10 minutes. I feel like this is one of those rare occasions where I was completely relaxed didn't care about it, and then suddenly forgot about moving the object and released that intent. I wonder if other things have ever moved around without me knowing it. I tried doing it again tonight but nothing happened. I don't know, maybe if things like this happen enough, my unconscious belief system will be more accepting to this type of thing so I can actually do it when I want to.

star
17th February 2009, 09:19 PM
I say you take it as a success, congradulate yourself and keep on keeping on!

VioletImagery
18th February 2009, 12:08 AM
If you want my opinion, I would say that it didn't actually 'move' the way objects normally move. I suppose it's kind of like teleportation, but I think such occurrences of manifestation/PK happen by "re-shifting" reality so that the object/situation is in a new position (new to you, anyway) and it's as if things had never been otherwise. I would bet that had anyone else happened to notice the position of the object before your intention to move it (without knowing your intent or having any intention of their own) they would suddenly never have known that the object had been anywhere else except right next to you. Now you have my shiny 2 cents too, lol.

--Kelsey

Psychonaut1984
18th February 2009, 03:38 AM
Thinking about it kind of hurts my brain... I went over it all sorts of ways...

VioletImagery
18th February 2009, 03:47 AM
Well, give your poor brain a rest. I think this is something that our intellect just isn't designed to comprehend. You know that it worked. That it was real. And you know how to do it again. Trying to make it make sense logically is likely to be counter-productive.

Ouroboros
18th February 2009, 03:50 AM
Thinking about it kind of hurts my brain... I went over it all sorts of ways...

My own personal take - I wouldn't worry about it too much. It would be really hard to determine exactly the "how" of it with just a single instance to work with - the important thing (in my opinion) is that the object moved. Which is what you intended, right? :) I would say experiment and keep an open mind...try and see if you can repeat the results, and maybe catch a glimpse of the change in action.

I feel like this is one of those rare occasions where I was completely relaxed didn't care about it, and then suddenly forgot about moving the object and released that intent.

This is possibly VERY important, in my opinion. Many of the Western magical writings I've read involve almost EXACTLY what you just did - you build up the energy and the intent, focus strongly on it, and then release the energy (or perform the ritual) and forget about it. Emphasis is usually placed on putting the matter completely out of your mind, so that the energy is free to work as you have intended without further interference.

Hmm...you may have just helped me come to a potentially priceless realization/understanding. Thanks! :D

CFTraveler
18th February 2009, 01:10 PM
I think I do this occasionally (reality reshifting)- and it sucks when I'm the only one who can notice the change. I wonder, if, say, two people noticed, would it mean their combined energy caused the shift?

ButterflyWoman
18th February 2009, 01:13 PM
Reality shifting. Is that what this is? Hmmm. I do this occasionally. It's not generally intentional. I put things down and they disappear. I know, I know, that happens to everyone, and sometimes, yeah, it's because I just forgot where it was or some kid wandered off with it, etc., but sometimes, stuff really does just disappear, and then reappear in some strange location, or in the location it was meant to be in, except I know for sure it wasn't there when I looked...

VioletImagery
18th February 2009, 03:10 PM
I think I do this occasionally (reality reshifting)- and it sucks when I'm the only one who can notice the change. I wonder, if, say, two people noticed, would it mean their combined energy caused the shift?

Yes, I think so. I have not noticed anyone else noticing :wink: , but then I have a hard time finding people who notice the normal things that I notice.

Reality shifting. Is that what this is?

It's my (not original) theory, anyway, and it seems to describe how it feels to me when it happens.

Psychonaut1984
21st February 2009, 06:53 AM
Hmm, so who's to say that just because I wasn't observing it doesn't mean it didn't just crawl across the room? Do things tend to teleport if they aren't being observed?
Btw I just want to point out, I didn't know exactly what the object was because it was in the shadows/I didn't particularly care. It was a shiney metal thing, it wasn't there when I thought to look at it again, and when I looked there was a nail approximately the same size right next to me. So its possible that nothing strange ever did happen but it also possible I am trying to rationalize this again. :)

Timotheus
21st February 2009, 05:17 PM
:D

Timotheus
1st March 2009, 12:58 AM
:D

teh_leecherer
10th March 2009, 08:15 AM
Link to grounding meditation techniques that you used ? (or any other grounding techniques - i can't find the topic with the search function. There must be one somewhere.)

Psychonaut1984
11th March 2009, 08:06 PM
Link to grounding meditation techniques that you used ? (or any other grounding techniques - i can't find the topic with the search function. There must be one somewhere.)

http://www.fire-serpent.com/1grnd.html