PDA

View Full Version : Mind Awake/Body Asleep

Ouroboros
21st February 2009, 06:37 AM
For those users of brainwave generator programs, I was wondering if you had any suggestions (i.e., what frequencies to use) for creating a session to help guide towards a mind awake/body asleep state. This is the first milestone that I'm trying to reach in my preparation for OBE.

Psychonaut1984
21st February 2009, 07:17 AM
I used to know some sites that actually included specific frequencies for things like this but I can't seem to find them.

I don't know if this helps but here are some presets for your brainwave generator.
http://www.bwgen.com/presets.htm

Unfortunately I can't really recommend any specific setting from my own personal experience. I have had limited success with brainwave generators but I still use them from time to time. I haven't experienced any major successes with any of them, I seem to do significantly better without the brainwave generator.

Korpo
21st February 2009, 07:44 AM
On the net I once saw frequency settings that describe the Hemisync frequencies for the Focus levels. Those can be helpful - Focus 10 is the first of these states. You could look for that.

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
21st February 2009, 08:00 AM
I use Alpha for my all-purpose trance and relaxation frequency. I've done some others (theta, for example) and just couldn't maintain awareness, though I haven't tried in a long time, so it might be better now.

The thing with body asleep mind awake is that it takes practice. Maintaining awareness is just something you get better at as you do it more and more.

Think of it this way. A newborn baby sleeps most of the time. Slowly, as they get older, they can maintain an awakened state for longer periods. By the time they're two or so, they take one or two naps a day and sleep at night, and that's it. By the time they're in school, they're awake for the better part of the day and generally don't take naps (I've never seen a school age kid take a nap unless they were sick, actually).

The exact same process happens with maintaining awareness during a trance, or lucidity during dreams, or anything that requires a relaxed state of body and an alert or at least awake state of mind. It's just like the old joke, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" Answer, "Practice, man, practice."

:)

Ouroboros
21st February 2009, 08:28 PM
I used to know some sites that actually included specific frequencies for things like this but I can't seem to find them.

I don't know if this helps but here are some presets for your brainwave generator.
http://www.bwgen.com/presets.htm

Unfortunately I can't really recommend any specific setting from my own personal experience. I have had limited success with brainwave generators but I still use them from time to time. I haven't experienced any major successes with any of them, I seem to do significantly better without the brainwave generator.

I could never get bwgen to work on my computer :(. It'd load up the install wizard, and then once it started extracting it just sat there and did nothing. I use NeuroProgrammer 2 now. It's not free, but I really love the program so far.

On the net I once saw frequency settings that describe the Hemisync frequencies for the Focus levels. Those can be helpful - Focus 10 is the first of these states. You could look for that.

Oliver

That's a good idea, I didn't think to just search directly for the Hemisync frequencies. My Google-fu still needs training. ;)

I use Alpha for my all-purpose trance and relaxation frequency. I've done some others (theta, for example) and just couldn't maintain awareness, though I haven't tried in a long time, so it might be better now.

The thing with body asleep mind awake is that it takes practice. Maintaining awareness is just something you get better at as you do it more and more.

Think of it this way. A newborn baby sleeps most of the time. Slowly, as they get older, they can maintain an awakened state for longer periods. By the time they're two or so, they take one or two naps a day and sleep at night, and that's it. By the time they're in school, they're awake for the better part of the day and generally don't take naps (I've never seen a school age kid take a nap unless they were sick, actually).

The exact same process happens with maintaining awareness during a trance, or lucidity during dreams, or anything that requires a relaxed state of body and an alert or at least awake state of mind. It's just like the old joke, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" Answer, "Practice, man, practice."

:)

I need to experiment with Alpha more. I've sort of passed it by in favor of the "deeper" waves in the thought that they would be closer to my goals, but I may be missing something along the way.

That's a good analogy for the maintaining awareness thing. :)

Korpo
21st February 2009, 08:49 PM
As far as I can see Focus 10 is the alpha state. Is it?

I always liked the progressive relaxation and the Focus 10 to get me in this mind awake/body asleep state. The body is comfortably numb, I am kind of drifting.

The rest - resonant tuning, the energy conversion box, the affirmation and the sound of surf do get to be a pain in the neck after a while, IMO. I wish I had tapes without these.

Oliver

CFTraveler
21st February 2009, 08:54 PM
For those users of brainwave generator programs, I was wondering if you had any suggestions (i.e., what frequencies to use) for creating a session to help guide towards a mind awake/body asleep state. This is the first milestone that I'm trying to reach in my preparation for OBE.
Try this data:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7735&p=61785#p61785 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7735&p=61785#p61785)