PDA

View Full Version : Do people treat you differently?

micko
8th January 2006, 09:37 AM
Has anyone noticed that after you start energy work people seem to treat you differently?

I have only just started but it seems like people around me are way more chatty and responsive. Usually I would be the one to initiate conversations but this weekend at work it seemed like everyone wanted to talk to me and they were all surprisingly friendly. Alot of the people at work are gloomy most of the time and it was quite interesting.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

8th January 2006, 10:24 AM
Ya I always get them, it seems it happens when i do something good like play a good game or get a good mark in class.

Also just some days I notice that people just talk to me more, it actually happened to me yesterday, it's almost like i could'nt get away from the people.

...now that I think of it I was doing energy work that day suring class, haha.

My conclusion is that either your energy is just giving off some kind of single that makes the people want to talk to you or after you do energy work you are just more aware of what is going on around you and everything that happens seems diffrent, when actually its the same.

oath
8th January 2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, People are acting very friendly.

Theres this old guy at work, he said thank you to me today...Hes never said thank you before to me, and I do many things for him every day when he asks. (hes kinda mean, he was in vietnamn)

enoch
8th January 2006, 07:15 PM
:lol:

MDK
8th January 2006, 08:53 PM
yes, ive noticed people look at me more, and also talk to me more, like when i walk into a gym i walk past tredmill ppl and more than half look at me

Jaco
8th January 2006, 10:57 PM
yes, ive noticed people look at me more, and also talk to me more, like when i walk into a gym i walk past tredmill ppl and more than half look at me

Maybe you're good-looking 8)

8th January 2006, 11:57 PM

Maybe you're good-looking 8)

hahaha

I wonder why people are so friendly while doing enrgy work.

8th January 2006, 11:57 PM
People are like moths. People are drawn to power, much like moths are dawn to flame. You're energy work is harnessing your personal power. People find it attractive and are drawn to it.

Your internal dialog has noticed a change in other people's perceptions of you, and now your internal dialog is busy rationalizing that change to fit your perceived reality. Turn off you internal dialog, and don't concern yourself with it.

The average person is too concerned with liking people, or with being liked. Having people "like" you is not a bad thing, and is quite fulfilling. However, remember what Carlos Castaneda said about vanity:

"Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy and vain. To be a warrior one needs to be light and fluid."

9th January 2006, 12:00 AM
People are like moths. People are drawn to power, much like moths are dawn to flame. You're energy work is harnessing your personal power. People find it attractive and are drawn to it.

Your internal dialog has noticed a change in other people's perceptions of you, and now your internal dialog is busy rationalizing that change to fit your perceived reality. Turn off you internal dialog, and don't concern yourself with it.

The average person is too concerned with liking people, or with being liked. Having people "like" you is not a bad thing, and is quite fulfilling. However, remember what Carlos Castaneda said about vanity:

"Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy and vain. To be a warrior one needs to be light and fluid."

I like what you said about turning your internal dialogue, I am going to try that today, see what happens.

oath
9th January 2006, 02:16 AM

I like what you said about turning your internal dialogue, I am going to try that today, see what happens.

I would like to add that it is good that one try existing outside of the world, at least for a time.

I suppose that means something along the lines of being yourself, not associating so much, keeping quiet, among other things

I suspect this has something to do with people sometimes going into a forest/wood area in isolation for certain, usually very important reasons. Mr. Bruce explains how he did this once when on one of the radio interviews (when he was trying to deal with the demon and found that running water technique/defense)

I apologize for any confusion on this, My thoughts are not quite clear yet

9th January 2006, 02:52 AM

Not an easy task to achieve in one day... Do it for a lifetime. :D Also, there's another little thing I'd like to note: Do not try, instead do. To try is to rely on your internal dialog for cause and effect, in which afterwards you must measure if it worked or not.

NOW TO DRIFT OFF TOPIC:

I discovered how to overcome my internal dialog and channel energy by playing tennis over many years. People say I'm very competitive at tennis, and most find me impossible to get a winning edge when we play. This is not so, I like to see my friends beat me. Instead of focusing on winning, losing, ego, intimidation, etc. I play only the ball. The game to me is about returning the ball and having it land within the white lines. Its as if my opponent is not there, and I'm playing against a tennis back-board. (a wall in which you hit balls against for practice.)

Two years ago I started applying concepts of Castaneda's warrior to my game. Winning losing, ego, intimidation, anger, etc. is just your internal dialog grounding you in your perceived reality. By turning it off you rise above it and play impeccably, for you do not think or try, you instead just simply do.

Next, I focused on releasing personal energy when hitting the ball and drawing up my energy while waiting on the ball's return.

What do I mean? While waiting on the ball's return, I draw up energy into my stomach. I first press the racket handle into my stomach. I clench my teeth, press my tongue against the roof of my mouth, inhale through my nose, and tighten my sphincter. =o)

To release the energy, timing is everything: As I draw back my racket for the return of the ball, I imagine the built up energy being channeled up into my shoulder, arm and racket. Then upon making contact with the ball I release my tongue, unclench my teeth & sphincter, and exhale with a grunting guttural yell. Usually the ball is returned to exactly where I desire it to go.

Sometimes I still get beat, but it doesn't matter. A warrior must play impeccably, and if he still loses, he must except his fate, and not dwell on the internal dialog of failure. Instead dwelling on the loss, I praise the winner, take stock in what I can change, and except what I can not.

I think sports is nothing more than a proving ground for the soul. In tennis I find the answers to life.

9th January 2006, 02:54 AM

Really nice post. I like the way you think! :D

9th January 2006, 03:19 AM

Not an easy task to achieve in one day... Do it for a lifetime. :D Also, there's another little thing I'd like to note: Do not try, instead do. To try is to rely on your internal dialog for cause and effect, in which afterwards you must measure if it worked or not.

NOW TO DRIFT OFF TOPIC:

I discovered how to overcome my internal dialog and channel energy by playing tennis over many years. People say I'm very competitive at tennis, and most find me impossible to get a winning edge when we play. This is not so, I like to see my friends beat me. Instead of focusing on winning, losing, ego, intimidation, etc. I play only the ball. The game to me is about returning the ball and having it land within the white lines. Its as if my opponent is not there, and I'm playing against a tennis back-board. (a wall in which you hit balls against for practice.)

Two years ago I started applying concepts of Castaneda's warrior to my game. Winning losing, ego, intimidation, anger, etc. is just your internal dialog grounding you in your perceived reality. By turning it off you rise above it and play impeccably, for you do not think or try, you instead just simply do.

Next, I focused on releasing personal energy when hitting the ball and drawing up my energy while waiting on the ball's return.

What do I mean? While waiting on the ball's return, I draw up energy into my stomach. I first press the racket handle into my stomach. I clench my teeth, press my tongue against the roof of my mouth, inhale through my nose, and tighten my sphincter. =o)

To release the energy, timing is everything: As I draw back my racket for the return of the ball, I imagine the built up energy being channeled up into my shoulder, arm and racket. Then upon making contact with the ball I release my tongue, unclench my teeth & sphincter, and exhale with a grunting guttural yell. Usually the ball is returned to exactly where I desire it to go.

Sometimes I still get beat, but it doesn't matter. A warrior must play impeccably, and if he still loses, he must except his fate, and not dwell on the internal dialog of failure. Instead dwelling on the loss, I praise the winner, take stock in what I can change, and except what I can not.

I think sports is nothing more than a proving ground for the soul. In tennis I find the answers to life.

Not trying to be offense, but I notice that you are a very smart guy and tend to think about many things. Like when you play tennis you have, what seems like a very tough technique.

So my question is do you find happiness in life, because for me when I think too much about how to do something, it begins to feel like a job.

Quantitativefool
9th January 2006, 04:07 AM
I think peopel are more open around me since I started doing energy work.
-Stu

9th January 2006, 06:20 AM
Not trying to be offense, but I notice that you are a very smart guy and tend to think about many things. Like when you play tennis you have, what seems like a very tough technique.

So my question is do you find happiness in life, because for me when I think too much about how to do something, it begins to feel like a job.

My tennis technique requires no thought. Once the body is programed, it reacts with out thought. I play guitar too, and guitarists talk of finger memory, once you learn a song, and you have it set into your fingers, it requires very little mental processing to play a song. Tennis is the same way, but only much much easier. :wink:

As for your question on Happiness, I find is a bit silly. Tennis makes me happy, playing guitar makes me happy, my wife makes me happy, etc. the list goes on and on. Many things make me happy, but my happiest memories are usually achieved through hard work, discipline and devotion.

Maybe the problem is you think to much. Stop thinking and just do. :wink:

Kalonek
9th January 2006, 10:09 AM
I have started energy development so many years ago that I don't really remember if there was a clear evolution regarding this aspect at the beginning, but when I'm feeling big energy transformations, like a few days ago with kundalini, people seem to be attracted by me. A man in the bus was becoming mad because I was not accepting his cigarette (although I don't smoke and had asked for nothing) :lol: and a lot of little things like this all the day long (strangers talk to me, girls flash at me err no :wink: etc.)

I believe as it was said here-before that it's mostly people that are attracted by the energy one is releasing during these times of major transformations, like flies aroung a flame (perfect metaphor for this I think).

9th January 2006, 10:49 AM
There are probably several other factors at work here too. Like say self-image, a new found confidence, along with stronger better formed energy centers. All combined makes for a much more impeccable, maybe even more appealing person.

oath
9th January 2006, 11:00 AM
lol kalonek

The entrance/exit to my apartment building has very bad traffic and there is a sign that says not to block the entrance, yet people do anyways

Once I did a group type energy thing where we attempted to, more or less, channel the Arch Angel Gabriel. I felt something very strongly come upon me, Felt a very strong mixture of love and sadness and milked it for all it was worth, even having a sort of emotional empathetic conversation with the being. When I was finished, i felt superb, went to leave the apartment, traffic was horrible, but strangely people noticed me through their cell phone conversations and what not and moved so that I may get through. Very odd, I figured somehow they knew, maybe subconsciously. Traffic was pretty good that day :wink:

Kalonek
9th January 2006, 11:44 AM
There are probably several other factors at work here too. Like say self-image, a new found confidence, along with stronger better formed energy centers. All combined makes for a much more impeccable, maybe even more appealing person.

Indeed, I think you are right regarding the beginning of the energy training, as it makes one feel differently, boost it's confidence etc. But for example I have been doing energy development for years, so I don't feel special about it now, I don't do anything more or less than usual, although I still percieve a change in the people around me when a strong energetic work is occuring in me although I keep a poker face. So I think both assertions are right but might depend on the level of energy work being done I guess.

10th January 2006, 12:18 AM
Will DO, thanks for the advice ewillson.

casp911
16th February 2006, 07:54 PM
OK, I got a really weird experience today.

I started doing energy work last week and can get pretty intense vibrations going in the lower part of my body. Most of the time, I have residual vibrations, i.e. some parts of my body are suddently vibrating without me thinking about it. It's not uncomfortable, but I'm not used to it (anyone else has this?- I figure it's probably a side-effect for newbies :)

Today was my annual doctor's appointment. I've seen her for years and today....well...I was laying on my back on the doctor's table. Suddently, she stopped, looked puzzled and said: "Can you feel this buzzing in your feet?" I laughed it off, but then realized she was serious.

Then she grew silent on me, put her hands on my abdomen and just stood there almost in a trance for five minutes.

Afterwards, she told me she picked up my energy and could feel it run through her body. She said she opened some energy valves. I thought she was doing Reiki and asked her about it, she told me she doesn't have any formal training like that and just picked up intuitively the energy flow.

She said she has never experienced anything like she did today. It's so weird, I have known her for years and haven't experienced anything like this before.

Anyway, that's my exciting story! :shock:

CFTraveler
16th February 2006, 08:16 PM
OK, I got a really weird experience today.

I started doing energy work last week and can get pretty intense vibrations going in the lower part of my body. Most of the time, I have residual vibrations, i.e. some parts of my body are suddently vibrating without me thinking about it. It's not uncomfortable, but I'm not used to it (anyone else has this?- I figure it's probably a side-effect for newbies :)

Today was my annual doctor's appointment. I've seen her for years and today....well...I was laying on my back on the doctor's table. Suddently, she stopped, looked puzzled and said: "Can you feel this buzzing in your feet?" I laughed it off, but then realized she was serious.

Then she grew silent on me, put her hands on my abdomen and just stood there almost in a trance for five minutes.

Afterwards, she told me she picked up my energy and could feel it run through her body. She said she opened some energy valves. I thought she was doing Reiki and asked her about it, she told me she doesn't have any formal training like that and just picked up intuitively the energy flow.

She said she has never experienced anything like she did today. It's so weird, I have known her for years and haven't experienced anything like this before.

Anyway, that's my exciting story! :shock:

That's very cool. I experience something like that when I channel the 'back shivers' down my spine instead of letting them 'release'. My husband said he can feel the vibrations on the back of my neck.

CunoDante
16th February 2006, 11:44 PM
NOW TO DRIFT OFF TOPIC:

I discovered how to overcome my internal dialog and channel energy by playing tennis over many years..........I think sports is nothing more than a proving ground for the soul. In tennis I find the answers to life.
I had to cut out some of the post due to it's length, but I went OMG as I read it. I felt like I could have written that post myself. I know exactly what you're talking about, except I do it via music/singing. When I'm singing a song and let go of my ego so that I can open myself up to the Light, everything flows and makes sense. The singing becomes more powerful and more effective. When I try to sing with my ego (i.e. trying to impress someone or show off what I can do with my voice), it's like something is missing. I've found that music is revealing so many of the mysteries of life to me. I understand SO much now because of my music.

Oh, and the energy buildup thing...it's ironic that you mentioned that because I do the EXACT same thing when I'm singing, except I build up the energy in my heart and in my head. Throughout the song, I'm constantly building up and releasing energy to my listeners, but in a really dramatic part of the song, I'll let it build up to the point where I feel like I'm going to explode to create a huge release of emotion.

I've always suspected that people outside of the music and art world use energy in a similar way that I do, but it's interesting to actually get confirmation of that.

Dsmoke
17th February 2006, 03:47 AM
To address the original topic:

Yes. I've had a number of people, either strangers or people I just met, tell me things like, "Wow, your aura is amazing!" or "I know you're psychic, you've got to talk to me!" or even, "Yeah, I bet you attract entities like a porch light attracts moths."

It makes me laugh because most people do not come right out and say that to a relative stranger :)

CunoDante
17th February 2006, 08:26 AM
I remember once when I was at my job, this lady told me that she could just look at me and tell that I was a spiritual person (even though we never really talked about it) and that my aura was very clean. At this time, I didn't know about energy work. It was so bizarre that she actually mentioned my aura.

Beekeeper
17th February 2006, 08:52 AM
Casp 911 and CF I've had a similar experience of my husband suddenly reacting to an energy "spike" I sent his way experimentally. It was early on in practising NEW and took me completely by surprise.

Ewillison, I too can relate to things you explain: the just doing with focus but non-attachment to outcome. Go easy on Brett, he's a pup.

Oh, this could just be me, but am I the only one waiting for MDK to tell us if he/she is goodlooking? :lol:

sash
17th February 2006, 09:00 AM
I've noticed that I feel more balanced around people who are involved with energy work, and I am drawn to these types of people in general - even if they only do energy work at an alchemical level.

I often use spiritual/technical terms with strangers as a play on words or joke to see how they react to tell if they are serious about it or not. For now I've met people who are either inclined to talk about it, or think the whole thing is a joke, this usually becomes apparent when using this trick. :)

It is not so much that people react in a different way since I have started energy work, but more so that I have become more aware of how people have reacted to me all along as a result of energy work.

casp911
17th February 2006, 01:08 PM
I've had a similar experience of my husband suddenly reacting to an energy "spike" I sent his way experimentally.

I can feel intense buzzing in my hands and tried putting them on my boyfriend's leg but he didn't feel a thing. Sometimes I find it amazing that other people can't feel it, as it's so strong! I guess a person has to be "open" to these kind of phenomenons to sense them. :wink:

hm, I'm drifting off topic, sorry

LuciaUruguay
26th February 2006, 05:36 PM
Interesting, I am newbie in this spiritual development.

I am practicing daily meditation for 4 months aprox and everytime I do a good meditation the next day people is like more "atrracted" to me, I mean, for example, when I walk in the street some men start to look at me, first I thought it was the cloth but then I whent to take out my dog and I was AWFULL and the men still looked at me! I dont know but probably people is atracted by energy.
Few, I thought I was imagining things (and my energy is not that good... lets see in a few month after working with NEW what gonna happen :) )

Also (dont know if it is off topic), sometimes I cant be with certain people, is like a mutual rejection (they cannot be with me too), for example, with my boss (and is not because he is my boss, n body whant to work with him, not even as a subordinate!), I cant be at his side, I feel tons of negativity, is that possible? thanks in advance.

Ryan2007
6th January 2007, 05:00 PM
This thread is a year old, but I feel like I must reply, because I almost started a topic on this subject myself. I have noticed that I deal with people better after raising/stimulating energy with New. Business meetings and important social interactions work out way better if I have raised energy in preparation for the meeting or discussion.

I have noticed that alot more people will look at me in supermarkets, stores, ect... when I am out on the town.

I noticed this because I had to incorporate NEW throughout my day due to time constraints(No time to stop and relax in this busy life :!: )

I don't deal well socially, NEW seems to bring me to a calm/relaxed place to deal with social situations. I feel good, I feel charged, and I feel confident after/while doing NEW.

I think all these factors contribute to social situations, people pick up on body language and energy levels.

On a side note, anyone every raised energy in front of a dog? I have noticed every time I do I get barked at or growled at! I do this everytime I see a dog LOL, is it me or do they notice energy movement?

CFTraveler
6th January 2007, 05:34 PM
When I was new to energy work every time I picked a spot to work on my cat would jump on me, usually on the precise spot. It was very distracting. Now I have two, and they don't do it as often (but my first cat still does, she may be more sensitive to energy, and she is the fierce hunter in the family). But I have to say people don't treat me any differently.

lorrie
6th January 2007, 06:30 PM
I am an empath, so I have had people coming up and talking to me for years. I worked in construction for ten years until I was in a construction accident that ended that career, but it was usual for men who were complete strangers to walk up to me and beginning to tell me their life story. Sometimes this was quite lengthy, but I would patiently listen and let them talk, when they finished, they would get this really odd look on their face as if they just realized what they had done, and had no idea why they had just told all of this to a complete stranger. I tend to be a hermit and avoid people, but they are drawn to me. I have had this happen in stores also with men and women both.
I have worked with energy for many years, but not as intense as the NEW system is, now I am wondering if I am going to get this attention from even more people, maybe I should hide away for a while!!! :lol:
I also have a huge problem with being able to slow my mind, I have been doing meditation for a few years and it has helped. This gets quite bothersome at times though! It takes me a little while to still my mind enough to use NEW, once I get started it feels so good that my mind will stay with it so far. I tend to get headaches, I have always wondered if they are from energy not being released so I am waiting for a headache to hit so I can try to experiment and see if it helps, of course since I began using this, I haven't had any headaches, hmmm, maybe that tells me that it is helping???

Snowman23
17th January 2007, 08:46 PM
I've noticed changes in peoples behavior around me aswell. I mainly catch people staring at me at various times of the day. People seem to notice me more aswell.

Why is it? I've asked someone they told me that something about me seems different, but they don't know what.

Seo
22nd January 2007, 11:52 AM
Once, before I discovered energy work a few months ago, I had a college history professor who was described by many secular students as having a presence that would fill whatever room he is in. When I took his Ancient History class, I saw what they meant. This guy literally commanded the entire room, and rarely spoke above a whisper. I later found out he was the Tai-Chi instructor as well.

I think subtle energy levels and charisma are very related. I too have noticed people being nicer to me since I've started energy work. People who don't notice anything should probably assume they've had high charisma their whole life, rather than feel left out. I see two possible explanations for the whole phenomenon: either people are reacting to the energy, or the discipline required for energy work causes one to change one's attitudes in such a way as to make them more instantly likeable.

I like both explanations, and think both are true to greater or lesser extents depending on the situation. If you have high energy, people attuned to this naturally might react. Then again, someone not attuned naturally might still react to the calm, quiet confidence of a disciplined mind. The combination, I think, is what gave my history prof enough power to not only silence distractions, but to make people want to listen.

Poor RB, I wonder if people ever leave him alone..........

chrystalpaths
22nd January 2007, 01:15 PM
Sometimes yes. My own family think I'm a bit off, but they've always been that way because I've always been a bit off. :wink: I'm also a big time hermit and find that people do the same thing...just say hi then launch into conversation. I rarely , if ever, do that. Even via internet connections with people are SO interesting. Being "different" one just learns as one grows to adapt I think. Crowds make me jumpy. Too many thoughts and energies.

As for the cats! Cats love energy, Reiki, meditation but are sometimes disruptive unintentionally during a session, they love the vibe they feel and just gotta rub and purr. Now dogs seem unsettled and worried when their human is meditating or Reiki or whatever. Do I mind folks treating me "different"....not really. I was always the square peg in the round hole of life.

crappysurfer2
22nd January 2007, 04:59 PM
ill agree with the cats, cats have ALWAYS been drawn to me, ive been to friends houses where they say "oh dont touch the cat its crazy" ill have it purring on my lap in 2 minutes, i also have the ability to hold butterflies, most cases i can hold them and they wont fly away, or they wont leave until they want to