PDA

View Full Version : New favorite session, and interesting experience

Ouroboros
27th February 2009, 04:34 PM
I think I've found a new favorite NP2 session that I'll start using instead of the Deeper Than a Zen Monk. It's the Alpha Dissociative Relax with Soft Noise session. The session, combined with the new meditation my Sifu gave me (breathe in for 3 seconds, breathe out for 3 seconds), makes for a really REALLY relaxing session.

I tried it for the first time today, and it was pretty awesome. I slipped into mind trips a couple of times, but managed to stay awake otherwise. At one point though, I had a really interesting sensation - it was as if I suddenly fell a few feet. Unfortunately, this came when I was in a mind trip and had lost focus, so I was surprised by it. The surprise I think kept me from experiencing anything that might've been beyond the dropping, but I didn't let that bother me and just got back to the meditation.

CFTraveler
27th February 2009, 05:57 PM
That sounds good for something to get you to trance quick.

Neil Templar
27th February 2009, 06:19 PM
are you pausing for any time at the top and bottom of the breath there too?

Ouroboros
28th February 2009, 10:04 PM
are you pausing for any time at the top and bottom of the breath there too?

No, just drawing in and expelling. My Sifu said nothing about pausing, and when he was explaining it I couldn't detect a noticeable pause in his breaths (I should have asked, I had the same question on my mind). So, since he didn't seem to be pausing, I am not either.

That sounds good for something to get you to trance quick.

I'm hoping it works out like that. If I can reach the trance state, and train myself to enter it reliably and easily, there's a LOT I could do from that point. I'd really love to see how doing energy work feels from the trance state.

CFTraveler
28th February 2009, 11:36 PM
Some disciplines discourage pausing, and the idea is to breathe in and out with no discernible change in rate. I think it's called circular breathing.
I don't practice either- pausing and holding the breath or trying to achieve unbroken rhythm (or whatever you call it)- I just go for the longest breath possible. But that's my preference.

ButterflyWoman
1st March 2009, 05:20 AM
Yup. Alpha. My all-purpose, go-to binaural frequency. ;)