PDA

View Full Version : The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life

Psychonaut1984
27th February 2009, 09:18 PM
Pretty mind blowing stuff, huh? I am about halfway through. I am still trying to digest all of it. Anyone else familiar with this book?

Here's an online ebook of it:
http://enlightenedawareness.wetpaint.com/page/The+Ancient+Secret+of+the+Flower+of+Life

star
27th February 2009, 09:40 PM
How has reading about these layers of conciousness and spiritual geometry helped you specificly? IMO - I find myself in other layers during meditation somtimes, and I can tell the difference between them by the feeling. All of this Engineer-like information really is difficult for me to understand at all.

Neil Templar
27th February 2009, 10:23 PM
i've read part 1 and am into part 2... makes alot of sense eh?
i'm gonna use some of the pattern as a background pattern for a tattoo i'm having done..

that looks like a good site there...must take a look later.. cheers dude!

CFTraveler
27th February 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm reading it now, and I'm seeing things I like and things I don't.
I'll chime in when I'm finished reading it.

Finished book one. On to book two.
-Keeping this as a bookmark.

tag: Drunvalo Melchizedek

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/rkp71/metatronscube.gif

Psychonaut1984
27th February 2009, 11:38 PM
All of this Engineer-like information really is difficult for me to understand at all.
I totally agree with you on that. The author explains that is there as a means to help make this information register in the left brain.

I am not completely finished yet I read half of part 1, I am just reading it not trying too hard to understand everything yet.

i've read part 1 and am into part 2... makes alot of sense eh?
i'm gonna use some of the pattern as a background pattern for a tattoo i'm having done..

that looks like a good site there...must take a look later.. cheers dude!

Whoa, thats funny. In about two weeks I am thinking of getting my scalp tattooed and that same thing crossed my mind. I want to get the thousand petaled lotus with the Aum symbol in the middle, on the crown of my head then I was thinking around it covering the rest of my scalp, the Flower of Life or the Seed of Life pattern made out of awareness eyes. I am still not exactly sure what I am going to do but that is my main idea I am considering. I also wanted to possibly use Datura Metel aka The Tuft of Shiva, instead of the lotus, because its also purple/it means a lot to me, but I don't know if I want to mess with the symbolism.

I'm reading it now, and I'm seeing things I like and things I don't.
I'll chime in when I'm finished reading it.

Look forward to hearing your review. :)

Timotheus
28th February 2009, 02:46 AM
:D

Neil Templar
28th February 2009, 04:12 AM
wow, man, tattooing your scalp huh?
holy painted domes batman! do you have any others already?
i love my tattoos, and i now have a few, all of them are symbolic of my continuing journey into this new state of consciousness.. in one way or another.
i met a tattoo artist a few days ago from Singapore, whose whole head is covered in tattoos, as is his whole body, and i couldn't help but wonder how really painful that would be.
i just had a 5 1/2 hour session, 4 days ago, the first session to complete a sleeve, on my left arm.
man, that was painful, after the first 3 hours, it got gradually more and more sore, but it was bare-able, until the last 45 mins...to have your scalp done tho, all on the bone like that, wow. no way i'd be going for that!
if it means so much to you, go for it, but wow, you gotta be sure about that! that is gonna hurt like a crazy thing!

talking of tattoos tho, when i was getting mine the other day, i played a game with myself.
focusing my attention, anywhere but where the action was happening.
i had my awareness in my feet, in my head, in the posters on the wall, anywhere but the skin that was being tattood.
it was a good exercise, and i managed for a while to keep my awareness away enough that the pain was ignorable.
only for a while tho...
it was interesting,
and i've often wondered, whether a person could be so detatched from their body to be able to go thru physical trauma, without having to go thru the physical side of it.you'd still have to deal with it on some level, whether physical or not, i think.
like could you go for surgery, without the use of drugs, just leave the body for a while and come back when it's done?...

Psychonaut1984
28th February 2009, 05:48 PM
i've often wondered, whether a person could be so detatched from their body to be able to go thru physical trauma, without having to go thru the physical side of it.you'd still have to deal with it on some level, whether physical or not, i think.
like could you go for surgery, without the use of drugs, just leave the body for a while and come back when it's done?...

I've thought about this too myself... I think you would have to be extremely skilled to be able to pull that off. I snap back to my body just from the noise of the waterheater let alone someone doing surgery on me!
There are many cases though when people experience such extreme physical/mental trauma they just dissociate. I have heard cases with abuse that actually resemble an out of body experience, but I doubt that its the same.

I am looking forward to getting my tattoo done. I have another tattoo thats very big it goes across my whole body but I am thinking I might want to change it into something else. Its a vine of thorns that wraps around a heart on my arm and then goes across my chest/back and then ends on my other arm. After I get those two things done I want to get the Kundalini snake on my back.

Korpo
2nd March 2009, 08:14 AM
After I get those two things done I want to get the Kundalini snake on my back.

Isn't this kind of like "Be careful what you wish for."? I mean, imprinting something on your body seems to be a very explicit way to strongly set intent.

Oliver

Neil Templar
2nd March 2009, 06:49 PM
and it works, i can tell you.
especially if it's a body part you can see every day...

Psychonaut1984
6th March 2009, 05:48 PM
After I get those two things done I want to get the Kundalini snake on my back.

Isn't this kind of like "Be careful what you wish for."? I mean, imprinting something on your body seems to be a very explicit way to strongly set intent.

Oliver

Well Oliver, I think that was the point originally, though I decided I am going to wait until these things happen before I get them tattooed on me. I just realized there were some important things I needed to buy for work so I did that instead.

CFTraveler
6th March 2009, 06:38 PM
and it works, i can tell you.
Would you elaborate? Unless you don't want to.

Neil Templar
6th March 2009, 07:14 PM
hmmm, tattoos are very personal, well for me they are. each of mine symbolise an aspect of self, or intent, or belief of sorts.
eg i have some Iban (Borneo tribal style) symbols, which represent a beginning of a new life, or cycle.
every time i see them i'm reminded of what that means to me, it helps remained focused on my intentions.

there's more but it's showtime and i gotta work... :D

CFTraveler
6th March 2009, 08:47 PM
Oh, ok. I get it. I thought you were talking about a specific method of doing something.

Psychonaut1984
11th March 2009, 08:14 PM
I think we strayed off topic.
I still haven't finished the first volume of the Flower of Life, I did go on and read the Kyballion. I needed a break, I started getting lost/having a hard time concentrating with the Flower of Life, too many equations. I am going to go back and finish the first part and then start reading the second part.

What are your thoughts about The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life?

CFTraveler
11th March 2009, 09:08 PM
If you're asking me, I'm not done with it yet.

Neil Templar
11th March 2009, 09:50 PM
me too, finished part 1, started part 2, but like you say, it's a bit much for the brain at times, to just casually read thru.
i wish i'd caught the workshops, he was here in A'dam last year, i saw the poster advertising it, but was super busy at work.

i'll get back to it, but i've got much more "readable" stuff waiting to be read right now, so i don't know when that'll be...

VioletImagery
11th March 2009, 11:02 PM

On the whole, interesting and thought-provoking. There are some lovely concepts (some new, some recycled). Also, at times, it is a minefield of superstition and misinformation and some not-so-lovely concepts (again, some new, some recycled). Not something I'd recommend to someone who doesn't really like salt.

I didn't read it word-for-word in all of the technical sciencey parts because a) I didn't want to get hung up doing all the fact-checking that Melchizedek was too lazy to do himself (and basically says so in the intro); b) I know a lot of it is just plain wrong ("fluorine reacts with almost nothing. It's one of the most inert gases" *sigh* http://www.webelements.com/fluorine/) and I didn't want that to color my opinion of the more philosophical aspects of the book; c)If I want to read pure sciencey stuff I'll read Science the journal, or books like I'm already reading about patterns in nature (Structure in Nature as a Strategy for Design and On Growth and Form, in case anyone's interested).

Psychonaut1984
12th March 2009, 09:57 AM

On the whole, interesting and thought-provoking. There are some lovely concepts (some new, some recycled). Also, at times, it is a minefield of superstition and misinformation and some not-so-lovely concepts (again, some new, some recycled). Not something I'd recommend to someone who doesn't really like salt.

I didn't read it word-for-word in all of the technical sciencey parts because a) I didn't want to get hung up doing all the fact-checking that Melchizedek was too lazy to do himself (and basically says so in the intro); b) I know a lot of it is just plain wrong ("fluorine reacts with almost nothing. It's one of the most inert gases" *sigh* http://www.webelements.com/fluorine/) and I didn't want that to color my opinion of the more philosophical aspects of the book; c)If I want to read pure sciencey stuff I'll read Science the journal, or books like I'm already reading about patterns in nature (Structure in Nature as a Strategy for Design and On Growth and Form, in case anyone's interested).

Thanks for your feedback. I am too lazy to do the fact checking as well. Honestly I would rather skip the sciencey stuff all together. I haven't so far because he said it was part of training your belief system for the practical exercises that he hints at for the second volume. If I understood what half of it ment then I could see how my conscious mind would be processing it in sync with my subconscious. However some of it is so over my head and boring that I feel like its just being discarded completely. lol about the flourine. I wonder why he said that?

Neil Templar
12th March 2009, 10:29 AM
have any of you guys read The Serpent of Light in 2012?
his latest book. his story covering the past 25 yrs(IIRC).
it's basically his journey, being guided by his angels, to different locations across the globe and connecting with, and helping to connect the Earth with the indigenous peoples, in order to help the global consciousness grid come alive.
at times a little unbelievable, but who knows?
a very enjoyable read tho, and overall, the message is a good one.
and if everything he says in it is true, well... i'm glad he's out there..

i must say, having watched a few interviews with him online, i do feel he seems to be genuine enough... but again... who knows eh? :|

CFTraveler
12th March 2009, 12:55 PM
Well, since I'm not the first one with criticism- I'll share mine. DM. is obviously a very smart guy and has good ideas that can be implemented if you suspend disbelief- but the style of the work bothered me a little. One of the things that bothered me the most was how he mixed in channeled information that had no basis in reality and stated it as fact, mixed with stuff that was shown or proven. This bothered me a little bit, not because of the quality of some of the information. For example, statements like "all beings from binary systems have two hearts and all beings from a single star system have one heart" is not only unprovable (since we haven't gone to another binary system, let alone checked) but we do know that there are animals (like the earthworm and the octopus) that have more than one heart here. Stuff like this bothered me. Now, if he had said-for example, that the heart chakra system is a symbolic representation of the solar system with the heart chakra being the center like the sun is the center, then I would have been fine with it. This is only one of the things he does that are in that style, which he does a lot with other stuff.

Another thing that bothered me a little bit was the liberal use of the word 'proof' when 'seems right to me' would have sufficed. Most of the time he did say 'you don't have to believe me' which I liked, and I'm still going to finish the work and implement some of the spiritual practices he will recommend (I'm sure) because I do think that the work has value and reflects 'truths' that are buried deep in the collective unconscious. But the sequence of the way he communicates his thoughts or his causality does not impress me.

VioletImagery
12th March 2009, 02:23 PM
have any of you guys read The Serpent of Light in 2012?

No, but I am interested to read it. I liked the parts in The Flower of Life that were from his personal experience best. I am just not quite enthusiastic enough to buy a brand new copy. I figure I'll come across it for cheap at some point if I really need to read it.

i must say, having watched a few interviews with him online, i do feel he seems to be genuine enough... but again... who knows eh? :|
I have also enjoyed his interviews. That was how I got introduced to him a few weeks ago, my friend sent me a link.

Well, since I'm not the first one with criticism- I'll share mine. DM. is obviously a very smart guy and has good ideas that can be implemented if you suspend disbelief- but the style of the work bothered me a little. One of the things that bothered me the most was how he mixed in channeled information that had no basis in reality and stated it as fact, mixed with stuff that was shown or proven. This bothered me a little bit, not because of the quality of some of the information. For example, statements like "all beings from binary systems have two hearts and all beings from a single star system have one heart" is not only unprovable (since we haven't gone to another binary system, let alone checked) but we do know that there are animals (like the earthworm and the octopus) that have more than one heart here. Stuff like this bothered me. Now, if he had said-for example, that the heart chakra system is a symbolic representation of the solar system with the heart chakra being the center like the sun is the center, then I would have been fine with it. This is only one of the things he does that are in that style, which he does a lot with other stuff.

Another thing that bothered me a little bit was the liberal use of the word 'proof' when 'seems right to me' would have sufficed. Most of the time he did say 'you don't have to believe me' which I liked, and I'm still going to finish the work and implement some of the spiritual practices he will recommend (I'm sure) because I do think that the work has value and reflects 'truths' that are buried deep in the collective unconscious. But the sequence of the way he communicates his thoughts or his causality does not impress me.

Yes, I agree. I had to do a lot of suspending disbelief in order not to give up on the whole thing. If I had really tried to take it as a 'scientific' work, I would have thrown it out the minute the first fact was wrong, which was probably somewhere around p. 2. But, he did give a pretty clear explanation of his intention in the introduction and so I tried to take what were presented as 'facts' to be metaphors instead and try to gage the overall 'feel' of it. It is not an easy read for this reason. It requires a lot of interpretation. I plan to read it again as I do think there's a lot to learn from it. I also feel that it contains some important truths that are very difficult to grasp consciously and I think that also partly explains the style. It reminds me of a rough draft, where you just write down everything that comes into your head without worrying whether it's right or wrong or even makes sense, you are just trying to make sure you have enough raw material from your subconscious down so that when you refine it you are left with a few flakes of pure valuable truth. Here, much of the refining is left to the reader which is more than a little annoying.