CFTraveler
9th January 2006, 02:52 AM
I did it consciously in 30 days.

jalef
9th January 2006, 11:23 AM
4 weeks for me

alibaba
9th January 2006, 08:46 PM
alright gives me more hope, for somereason im having difficulty and none of the exit techniques are showing respones maybe im not relaxed enough. But just last night since i am muslim i am doing prayers 5 times a day everyday so i thought maybe i can use this with the point shift method, it was giving me vibrations, but i think i got too excited. I got really hot though in just like my arms for some reason. idk but Insha Allah with following this program i will be able to do it soon.

svesely
10th January 2006, 07:43 AM
It took me about 6 years of little practice, off and on. I wasn't trying too hard but after about 6 years i've had I had my first spontanious projection one night and ever since then I have them all the time. Still haven't had a concious projection but im starting to work on it alot more, I still spontaenously project about 3-4 times a month. Some times more sometimes less. I once projected 6 times in one night. I'll get it under controll some day. I just need to practice more than I do.

how the heck do you spell spontaenous, hmmmm. I never should have cheated on my spelling test when I was younger lol...

enoch
10th January 2006, 11:30 PM
I suspect I had one years ago..but I can't be certain. My memory has a uncanny way of reconstructing the truth :lol: But I have been (on and off) practising for 7 or so years and not achieved anything substantial yet. Ah, there's plenty of time... :lol:

Beekeeper
22nd January 2006, 09:06 AM
Enoch, you're incredibly persistent!

I had mine within a few weeks. It was nothing more than me floating above my body and all I wanted to do was sleep but it kept recurring throughout the night. I'd been out late and was in a hotel room.

About a month later, a very brief and bright OBE out of a dream. Was on a new bypass that hadn't been opened that we'd been walking on earlier that day.

A few months later, the closest I've come to a conscious OBE. Had been concentrating on the heart. Kept being pulled somersault style back into my body, despite a real desire to get out. Hooded figure was watching. Was unwell with persistent cold at the time.

For months now (the biggest period yet)- nothing, zilch, zippo. Getting very frustrated.

zarathustraspake
30th January 2006, 09:12 PM
I had my first one during sleep within a month of starting the exercises. A year and a half later, I haven't yet had one conscious, though I've been having them during sleep with increased frequency.

alibaba
2nd February 2006, 12:34 AM
thanks everyone for the info and experiences i let you know if anything happens with me

darkrealmz
25th February 2006, 10:09 PM
When i had conscious OBE's, i never practiced them. But i usually get them in class when i'm very bored and pinned to my chair. I get a paralysis sensation in my body. My imaginations however aren't very vivid and usually i can't feel much. Although when i come back my friend tells me my eyes are open and i look alert.

CFTraveler
25th February 2006, 10:12 PM
I wish I could have done that in Math class... :(

Sola Neid
26th February 2006, 12:22 AM
When i had conscious OBE's, i never practiced them. But i usually get them in class when i'm very bored and pinned to my chair. I get a paralysis sensation in my body. My imaginations however aren't very vivid and usually i can't feel much. Although when i come back my friend tells me my eyes are open and i look alert.

That sounds pretty wild, darkrealmz -when you're in this state, do you try to focus on those imaginations/images or is it like you're somewhere between reality and some other realm? (I don't mean dream, s'pose that might not be too easy during math :lol: class) and I noticed you have some sleeping issues. I worked full time night shift at a runaway shelter and that caused me to have experiences similar to yours.

Glad you're sharing your thoughts and experiences with us! :P

Enlightenment
26th February 2007, 01:31 AM
My first conscious OBE was within the month, though I haven't been able to have a conscious one since.

Mahavatar_Babaji
21st July 2007, 11:11 PM
I need to try harder to have an OBE. I think I will experiment with the rope technique. Do you just imagine yourself climing a rope?

CFTraveler
22nd July 2007, 01:09 AM
Not as simple. You need to spend time relaxing, then trance techniques before you try an exit technique such as rope. You should not try to visualize yourself pulling up the rope as such, you should feel yourself climbing it- you must recreate the feeling of going up the rope, you should feel how it would feel to pull up on the rope, to feel yourself going up, etc. The object is not to visualize but to replicate the feeling of doing it. And if you do, you must continue this until you feel yourself coming out of your body. I do not recommend doing this only for a little while, you should do it until you either feel the separation symptoms or fall asleep, whichever comes first.
If you are not sure what the separation symptoms are, look up the topic 'my first conscious projection' or look for it in the AD Pedia.