PDA

View Full Version : a question about reiki attunement level 1

Seeuzin
5th March 2009, 06:49 PM
I had the first half of the level 1 reiki attunement this past Monday. I won't have the second half until this next Monday evening, but I've already noticed results from the partial attunement and had a question.

Firstly, about a year ago, a friend scanned me energetically and said that he noticed a part of me that was "holy." Then he said, "Wait, no...it's not a part of you, it's another spirit. But it's so closely bonded with you that I mistook it for part of you at first." Upon further investigation I learned that this positive entity had made an agreement with me, that it could stay bonded with me until it had finished its "job." What it's job is, I don't know yet lol. But it's funny, because I did notice that I am essentially a good person, and sometimes it feels as if the good part of me is augmented by something. I just didn't have words for it until my friend said his thoughts out loud.

Anyway, since the partial attunement, it feels as if "something else" is working its way through my spirit's system, something that doesn't originate in me. It would be disconcerting, but I sense that it is nonthreatening, and that if I decided I didn't want it there anymore, it would leave. It also feels good. Which brings me to my first question...in a reiki attunement, does a "reiki spirit" or something like that join with you? Another experience which adds weight to this hypothesis in my mind, is that when I practiced reiki on a friend a couple days ago, and was getting ready to stop channeling the energy, I didn't really know how to stop the flow. So I prayed to the Universe - "Universe, could you please gently stop the flow of energy?" Before I had finished my sentence, it felt like two etheric hands which had been extended in front of my physical hands onto the person's head retracted back into my physical hands in a fluid movement. I hadn't even noticed the extra pair of hands before, but I definitely noticed them as they withdrew from the energy of the person I was channelling energy to. For some reason, it didn't feel like they were *my* etheric hands. It was very odd but cool!

I plan on asking the reiki master come next Monday about this, but I wanted to ask yall too :D I always get such valuable feedback/insight.

Thanks for any help :)

dreamosis
6th March 2009, 12:01 AM
Which brings me to my first question...in a reiki attunement, does a "reiki spirit" or something like that join with you?

I'm a Reiki Master-Instructor in training and I have never been taught (in over ten years of association with three different teachers in the same school) that a living entity is conferred during an attunement. Of course, not every lineage is identical: different lineages have different teachings, practices, and even ways of passing on Reiki.

I don't think it would be presumptuous to ask your Reiki Master if he/she intentionally connected you to a spirit. I would definitely ask or simply share your experience.

I have met a Reiki Master who intentionally combined her practice with spirit mediumship, but in my studies, I haven't found that the original tradition ever involved mediumship. I have, of course, heard of the "Reiki guides" -- which are entities supposedly specifically devoted to helping Reiki practitioners -- but my own experience with guides has been personal. That is, I knew who my guide was before I ever came to Reiki, and I've continued to work with him in Reiki. I haven't ever had an experience of being joined with my guide other than temporarily during a healing session.

I don't really have a response to your "etheric hands" experience. I know that when I began having out-of-body experiences that I perceived my astral body as other in the beginning -- I had to get used to the feeling of that part of me. But I don't know that applies to you.

Timotheus
6th March 2009, 12:07 AM
:D

Seeuzin
6th March 2009, 02:27 AM
with that said, it is crucial for all participating in, or practicing Reiki to do so with a professional nature exclusive to dramatic and opinionated nonsense.

That really stings, Timotheus. I don't feel that I was dramatic or opinionated. I was experiencing something new, excited, and very curious about it. I am the first to admit I am very green about energies. But what is wrong with asking questions?

and three, before ever one has an attunement these questions should be answered in the materials/hands on teaching from the Teacher. otherwise the student is not informed and blindly entering into something unwillfully. will, personal will, requires being informed for it to be a function honored.

I have a great amount of love and trust for the reiki master who gave me the attunement, as I've been working with her for about a year and a half. I don't feel she intentionally left anything out in what she taught me, or the materials she gave me. But you cannot include all of the information about the functional "mechanics," for lack of a better word, of reiki, unless you were to pass out a very extensive amount of materials...I don't fault her for not doing that. She has pointed me in the direction of some good books on reiki should I choose to look into how this all works more.

Perhaps your irritation is hitting on something true, which is that I ask a lot of questions here and do not contribute as much as I ask. If this is the case, I'm open to hearing about it for sure; I don't want to use people. Lately I have felt like I've been contributing more, but perhaps it is not enough.

Timotheus, I always enjoy your posts, you're one of the few people who can make a long post and consistently have me read the whole thing. I'm not sure why you are responding in this way towards me in particular this time. I'll be honest; I feel angry about it. Not sure why it's stirring me up so much.

Seeuzin
6th March 2009, 02:34 AM
Dreamosis,

I'm a Reiki Master-Instructor in training and I have never been taught (in over ten years of association with three different teachers in the same school) that a living entity is conferred during an attunement.

That makes sense to me. I'm not anywhere near as experienced as you but I've always been taught that it is an intelligent energy and not an actual entity. It does leave me with the question of, what affects the changes in the person recieving the attunement, during the actual attunement and during the following cleansing and adjustment period? I have felt some noticeable changes already. Maybe it is time to get the book on reiki that the reiki master I work with recommended.

I don't really have a response to your "etheric hands" experience. I know that when I began having out-of-body experiences that I perceived my astral body as other in the beginning -- I had to get used to the feeling of that part of me. But I don't know that applies to you.

I started feeling my astral body over a couple of years ago, but I don't remember exactly when...I had my first astral projection experience in 2002, though. So I'm pretty used to what it feels like, but perhaps it was just my astral hands. I am curious and will definitely investigate further, ask the reiki master about it, etc.

Thanks for your response. =)

Timotheus
6th March 2009, 04:22 AM

Timotheus
6th March 2009, 04:47 AM

dreamosis
6th March 2009, 05:51 PM
It does leave me with the question of, what [e]ffects the changes in the person recieving the attunement, during the actual attunement and during the following cleansing and adjustment period?

The most common understanding of the Reiki attunement is that it's a powerful sort of ritual healing which clears a person's energy body channels and allows for a greater flow of pure spiritual energy. My experience confirms this understanding, both as a recipient of attunements and a giver of them. Within this understanding, what is effecting the changes during the attunement and following it, is the increased interaction with pure spiritual energy (Reiki). The outer layers of your being begin aligning with the innermost layer.

My experience has shown me that there is something more at work in an attunement than a simple clearing-out, however. Communicating with other Masters I have heard that some Masters, when doing attunements, set an intent to install the Reiki symbols as thoughtforms in the recipient's energy field. Within this context, what is effecting the changes during an attunement and following it, is the download of an etheric program. In my lineage I haven't been taught to actually install the symbols per se, but I have noticed a passing-on that happens, and have been taught this.

I've repeated this elsewhere on the messageboard, but I see that there are really three types of attunements, and they all happen simultaneously. There's (1) ritual attunement, (2) attunement from association with a Master, (3) self-attunement. In my experience, the self-attunement must happen for the ritual attunement to have any real effect. Metaphorically, a person has to reach up in order to be pulled up. And ultimately the self-attunement is the most profound.

The passing-on is what happens from the second type of attunement and is only more pronounced in the formal ritual. What is very important to remember is that the process is living one. That is, a Reiki attunement happens between two living beings -- it isn't a cold surgical procedure. You are affected in unique ways by your Master, as your Master -- and the other students -- are affected by you. The process is personal, organic, and specific to the exchange of energies between all involved. I can't speak from a good deal of lucid experience on this, but my intuition suggests that "all involved" means all those in your lineage.

Those who are energy-aware have noticed that life leaves a trace in your soul. Some traces, like guilt-ridden religious programming, some of us have tried to change or remove from our souls. The traces are perceived in the form of feelings, mental image pictures, or in extreme cases, etheric devices which control the flow of our energies. Some traces we want to keep, like gorgeous memories.

The Reiki mentoring and attunement process leaves a trace in you.

I have felt some noticeable changes already. Maybe it is time to get the book on reiki that the reiki master I work with recommended.

That's great that you're feeling changes already. As far as getting a book goes, I would recommend just experimenting, living it, contemplating, and trusting your intuition.

Timotheus
6th March 2009, 06:09 PM

Seeuzin
6th March 2009, 08:52 PM
Dreamosis,

That is so cool of you to provide such a detailed description, thank you...I'm always curious about "how things work" kinda like a little boy who will take apart mechanical objects for the same reason. Of course, I realize that human beings are not mechanical objects...but the curiosity I have carried with me as I get more in touch with my spirit.

Timotheus,

That was beautiful, thank you...your posts usually give me something to puzzle over, in a good way. And don't worry that my reiki master isn't allowing questions...she lives an hour away, but asked me to email her if I had any. I have a pattern, though, that I am trying to purge myself of, which is fear of "asking too much." She does all she can to avoid reinforcing it in me, but I provide my own energy to it. It's based in past fears, hatreds, etc, which I've been working through with inner dissolving and other methods.

Tom
6th March 2009, 09:04 PM
Yahoo groups are good for collecting free attunements to various systems. It isn't that you need them, because after the first hundred or so they all tend to start feeling the same, but it is nice to get energy in general regularly from other people. More importantly, reading the manuals will give you new ideas.

dreamosis
6th March 2009, 09:22 PM
That is so cool of you to provide such a detailed description, thank you

You're very welcome. Beginning Reiki was exciting for me too. It's still exciting. For me the best discoveries were in practicing. Your post reminded me of an early experience I had...I was doing a Reiki session for myself and felt an invisible hand on my hand that guided mine up to my heart. It was only a moment, and not so woo-woo compared to a lot of stories on this forum, but it was extremely meaningful and encouraging to me. It actually made me cry.

Seeuzin
9th March 2009, 05:50 PM
Tom,

That's a cool idea, I will probobly wait to do it until my discernment is better and my level of fear is down, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Dreamosis,

Wow...that is really something...thank you for sharing. =)

dreamosis
11th March 2009, 04:59 PM
How did the rest of the attunement go?

star
11th March 2009, 05:13 PM
We could make a mass attunement and attune each other. I'm sure that it would be really nice.

Seeuzin
11th March 2009, 10:04 PM
The rest of the attunement went good =) I was so nervous lol, and afraid that my nervousness would hinder the attunement...she said it wouldn't though.

Lately I've been having a kind of truth-and-reconciliation process with myself...facing certain parts of myself that "ugly" doesn't sufficiently describe. And accepting that it wasn't outside influence that made part of me dark - there may have been entities that egged me on, but I had also taken in much of what they had to "offer," and my darkness was my own.

So, I no longer say "the devil made me think/say/do it," in effect, haha. I think this is part of the cleansing process - it would have happened anyway, but everything is being accelerated. I am feeling both fearful, and excited.

Thanks for asking =)

Stars,

I'm not sure what a mass attunement is, but I don't think my trust and discernment levels are high enough for that yet =( it sounds like an interesting idea though, what is a mass attunement?

Tom
11th March 2009, 10:27 PM
Normally during an attunement, one person channels the energy and directs it into a second person. The more energy the receiver can accept, the more energy will be drawn through the one doing the channelling. Imagine having two people receiving at the same time, causing even more energy to flow through the one doing the attuning. What ends up happening is that both the people receiving attunements are connected to a larger flow of energy and receive more. Eventually the person doing the attunement reaches a maximum level of energy that can be channelled but going beyond this point is possible once the energy is flowing that strongly because not all of it goes through the person sending the attunement; the pattern is set up and the people drawing in the attunement can draw in as much energy as they can take. With a large group it is even possible for non-physical people to connect into the pattern and receive an attunement. The more energy is involved the more common it is for participants to find themselves partly or completely drawn out-of-body. It is important to be able to let go and let the process take over, because it can become really interesting when enough people are involved. It is better still when more than one person is sending. Sometimes everyone involved is familiar with reiki, so several people help send the attunement and everyone else just sends reiki into the mix and everyone receives at the same time. The important thing is that all the participants are being consciously included. If everyone visualizes threads of energy going out to two or three people, and everyone is included multiple times, the network can become really strong without putting much of a burden on any one person to keep things together.

Seeuzin
11th March 2009, 10:51 PM
Woah! That sounds really cool! Thanks for the in-depth explanation, Tom. Sounds like something I'd want to do once I'm more skilled and my discernment is better.

Tom
11th March 2009, 11:14 PM
Woah! That sounds really cool! Thanks for the in-depth explanation, Tom. Sounds like something I'd want to do once I'm more skilled and my discernment is better.

I seem to be detecting a pattern here ...

Seeuzin
12th March 2009, 01:36 AM
Heheh, yeah. I have a lot of fear-based stuff going on. It's been easing up, but I started with a mountain of it, so it's going to take patience.