PDA

View Full Version : things are looking up.... meditation at work..

Neil Templar
5th March 2009, 11:40 PM
so today, myself and two of my colleagues at work decided to take 20 mins out of our day to meditate.
this 20 min period doesn't always become available, but it could at least 4 out of 7 days per week...
this today had a huge effect on the way our show went tonight....
and i can see it having a big effect on the future of our workplace...

CFTraveler
5th March 2009, 11:55 PM
That is awesome, Neil.

Timotheus
6th March 2009, 12:15 AM
:D

Neil Templar
6th March 2009, 10:21 AM
yeah, it was cool.
one of the guys, Brian, is a friend, who's new to the tech dept.
i'm training him at the moment, and he gets seriously stressed out when things don't go as smoothly as they might... which is quite frequently... we do a job that in any normal theatre 3 technicians would be doing, lighting, sound and video, all at once.
last night during the show the moving lights decided they were gonna do their own thing... not good when we're using spotlights for specific scenes...
and Brian was starting to freak out a bit. so i told him to breathe slowly, like we'd done earlier during our meditation, (he's never really tried to meditate before), and sure enough, he stopped jumping around in his chair, and we got thru the show, doing it manually.

we're gonna meditate every day if we can, which is great for me, cos the apartment i live in at the moment is never quiet and i've been unable to find a quiet spot for months now... :D

Fish
6th March 2009, 12:48 PM
That's great Neil!

Neil Templar
12th March 2009, 06:40 PM
this has been going really well.
managed to get 20 mins every day this week, myself and two colleagues.

today, while sitting, i saw a quick scene, with an image i'd been creating for a video piece i'm working on right now.
my initial thought was that i simply couldn't get my mind off work fully - we're in the last few weeks of an intensive creating process, and we're at it 12-14 hrs every day right now.
in fact this morning i woke at 7.30, decided to listen to some binaurals, projected to, guess where? just outside my work!! :roll:

anyway, when i came back down to the bridge (we named the tech area the bridge, star trek, you know..) i was going over all the stuff i thought i'd completed earlier, and guess what?
the image i'd seen while meditating, was the only one of about 20 images i made today, that i hadn't saved, and so had to make it again! 8)