PDA

View Full Version : Artists?? Let's share..

Neil Templar
14th March 2009, 02:50 PM
i just had a thought, inspired by CF's response to Damon's Centaur dream, about wanting to draw some of the symbols from it.

i would imagine we have some interesting artists here on the forum, so i'm wondering if any have links to sites where their work can be viewed/ listened to/ read, whatever..
i have a few tracks i made a couple of years ago at http://www.myspace.com/scottishdirt.
electronic stuff, not great production to be honest, but not terrible either (i think :wink: ) i haven't done any in a while but just started getting back into it again last week, got some new software for my mac, so there'll be some new stuff soon..

anyhoo, if anyone else fancies sharing, please do.. :D

Mishell
15th March 2009, 12:00 PM
I saw this picture somewhere and decided to paint it for the little one's room. He loves to stare at it.

Fish
17th March 2009, 08:00 PM
That's cool Neil. Haven't had a chance to listen to your tunes yet..

I have a few sketches digitized from back in the day of fine arts. I'm a graphic designer by trade so I rarely draw anymore without a mouse :)

I'll try to post later.

CFTraveler
17th March 2009, 08:25 PM
I have a few paintings & drawings I've done laying around, but have got to force the hubby to take pixs of them and put them in the corn-puter. I've tried drawing with Paint or some other program he got for me (Bamboo) but I just can't do anything with a mouse, and the Bamboo pen doesn't quite give me any control, and I can't 'translate' what I'm doing with the hand to the screen. I don't seem to have the techno-gene, I guess. Too old-school, I'm afraid.

wer
9th April 2009, 12:25 AM
I like the beats Neil. Keep up the good work :)

I just started drawing a couple months ago. I'm not very good yet, but here's what I got so far:

[attachment=2:npuzudg0]Photo 33.jpg[/attachment:npuzudg0]
[attachment=1:npuzudg0]Photo 19.jpg[/attachment:npuzudg0]
[attachment=0:npuzudg0]Photo 52.jpg[/attachment:npuzudg0]

The first is the only one that is actually finished

Neil Templar
9th April 2009, 06:07 PM
thanks. they're old trax, but i still enjoy them.
those drawings are cool. interesting. surreal. don't you love the human imagination? 8)

lightningbug
10th April 2009, 01:53 AM
:D

these are my sketches. most of them were made in early 2008, out of frustration that I understood nothing about anything! Really, this is me dreaming of being a visionary artist. Have I made it yet? Some of these are sketched with fancy smancy color pencil sticks *which are expensive*. But I really wanted to climb out of the higher art box. So I started using CRAYONS. Crayola.....I love you :wink:

CFTraveler
10th April 2009, 02:10 AM
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/download/file.php?id=103
by lightningbug-
Ooooh this one is my favorite.-

Fish
10th April 2009, 02:08 PM
Very nice lightning bug! You can do a lot with crayons 8)

Neil Templar
10th April 2009, 04:19 PM
yeah, those are very nice indeed. 8)

lightningbug
11th April 2009, 02:31 AM
thanks guys :D

I actually had a more technical energy question when it comes to painting, might make a different thread for that

Neil Templar
11th April 2009, 02:03 PM
thanks guys :D

I actually had a more technical energy question when it comes to painting, might make a different thread for that

please do, that'll be interesting. 8)

WearsTheFire
4th June 2009, 07:41 AM
[attachment=0:hvu20fq5]Course 2 small.jpg[/attachment:hvu20fq5]

WearsTheFire
4th June 2009, 07:45 AM
I named this one Mortal for obvious reasons.

WearsTheFire
4th June 2009, 07:49 AM
This one is Gravery

[attachment=0:1ugqjk0u]Gravery.jpg[/attachment:1ugqjk0u]

WearsTheFire
4th June 2009, 07:55 AM
They come in quiet times. This one I call Coffee Break.

[attachment=0:2z0pgswc]Coffee Break2.jpg[/attachment:2z0pgswc]

WearsTheFire
4th June 2009, 07:58 AM
Ayed

[attachment=0:1j120wya]Ayed Bare.jpg[/attachment:1j120wya]

Neil Templar
4th June 2009, 11:30 AM
i like that one-Ayed. cool. 8)

CFTraveler
4th June 2009, 01:58 PM
I liked coffee break myself. In fact I think I'll have a cup.

WearsTheFire
5th June 2009, 06:13 AM
I liked coffee break myself. In fact I think I'll have a cup.
LOL!!!!

WearsTheFire
5th June 2009, 06:16 AM
i like that one-Ayed. cool. 8)

Thanx Neil!

Fish
8th June 2009, 07:43 PM
Very nice WTF! 8)

hmmm.. that abbrev doesn't look quite right does it? :lol:

WearsTheFire
16th June 2009, 08:30 AM
In my head.

[attachment=2:3i64emaz]Huddled Boy Reading.jpg[/attachment:3i64emaz]

[attachment=1:3i64emaz]Nine Eleven 2.jpg[/attachment:3i64emaz]
[attachment=0:3i64emaz]Feline2.jpg[/attachment:3i64emaz]

WearsTheFire
26th September 2009, 09:15 AM
[attachment=0:ytr1bbig]why.jpg[/attachment:ytr1bbig]

I had help. Was not interested in details only the image. I don't know why I keep making eyes.

CFTraveler
26th September 2009, 12:49 PM
Gorgeous.

WearsTheFire
26th September 2009, 11:55 PM
Gorgeous.
Thank you CFTraveler. The blue was already present but not in perfect form.

Neil Templar
27th September 2009, 12:13 PM
yeah those are really good! 8)

WearsTheFire
24th January 2010, 09:49 AM
[attachment=2:3se3bi52]Pangaea 2.jpg[/attachment:3se3bi52]

[attachment=1:3se3bi52]Rapture 2.jpg[/attachment:3se3bi52]

[attachment=0:3se3bi52]Uriah 2.jpg[/attachment:3se3bi52]

turbulenceadams
27th January 2010, 03:39 AM
Gosh your art is so good Wears the Fire!!!
I'm listening to Neil Templar's stuff now. Very good. Very futuristic and meditative.
You 2 should join forces and produce music and visuals together.

Here's my link to some of my songs. http://www.myspace.com/shanokee

PinkFloyd08
27th January 2010, 06:54 AM
Here's my gallery
http://dimentichisi.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my photography website (http://adamsvoboda.com)

Alaskans
27th January 2010, 09:35 AM
I do watercolor mainly. I use it to explore and express benevolent and kind energies. Sometimes I teach something I learned, and I have a couple attempts at showing astral places. Be warned Im in love with the energies of fairies and angels, and if you think its girly- cry me a river!
Its really hard to express those energies through immage. I've been playing with the idea of using words in my paintings as well with success, but to really convey the experiences we have we would need to use every art form available at once! (that would be rad, and popular) I understand that hurdle for mystical artists. And the frusteration. It is worth it if you pull it off. People bennifit from the energy of your peice for a long time. That said, im first a mystic (or whatever) and secondly an artist, also watercolor doesnt photograph well.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_e0a3abaa4543442695b48cf80686bcf3.jpg
Creating a new heart. Making energies from thin air is a skill you should hang onto.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/31/l_b1e8c34f12754591980771aa2974961a.jpg
Did it as a birthday gift for my sister.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/l_853b7076797942df9477089c55047e2a.jpg
A conglomeration of visions and predictions.(inverted)
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/20/l_f61ee813d43147b191255d6110648281.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs177.snc3/20465_272301607934_776342934_3333538_6595351_n.jpg
Did 2 paintings based on it, still like the idea.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs177.snc3/20465_272309312934_776342934_3333552_7131927_n.jpg
A shaman told me this is the temple of rebirth (artistic representation) "you werent supose to go there yet" whatever that means :P The entrance was 1in wide. Its a neat story. Need to redo this one.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/8/l_7f25c39598f44cebbff99016636ceac6.jpg
A crappy attempt at showing what is the 9th level of Shalhalla- according to Aunt Clair. Deserves another attempt. I havent because I am removing my attachment to the past. I joined a meditation circle. The clear waterfall was flowing from heaven, and there was a floating city way up there.. in another dimension.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs197.snc3/20465_272301597934_776342934_3333536_2964829_n.jpg
This painting is sacred to me, I dont show it to everyone, but I will show it to you because you will understand. It is a symbol of something beautifull beyond measure. She doesnt look like this in the astral, but she has the same thoughts. She is me, the best parts of me, things I am truely honored to have experienced in my life. I want to be nothing but those things, and give thier light to everyone. That is why I am called Luke. One day, one day :D

If I get my hands on a camera I can show you my new stuff. :)

Alaskans
27th January 2010, 09:50 AM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs197.snc3/20465_272301627934_776342934_3333540_7213572_n.jpg
Connected to a vague experience with a crow.

Neil Templar
27th January 2010, 02:26 PM
those are beautiful Luke. :D

boris
27th January 2010, 10:03 PM
some really impressive stuff here. WTF, what programme were you using? don't say microsoft paint.

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 07:46 AM
[attachment=0:3f12nqxt]sky.jpg[/attachment:3f12nqxt]
Thank you for your wonderful art. This has been an amazing post as I may have a better understanding of what possibly frightened my son when he was 12 years old.

I was reading the Bible to my son and daughter on my waterbed. My son was reclined staring up at the ceiling. This was a bright sunny day with a pale blue sky. While calmly listening my son suddenly cried out and bolted from the room. My daughter and I quickly followed after to see what was wrong.

After much coaxing he agreed to come back in my room again as long as I didn't read. I asked him what happened. He said the ceiling disappeared and he was saw a circle of deep blue sky that started out small then expanded to about 2 ft. in diameter. He stated the blue sky was surrounded by a ring of wispy white clouds. The clouds were moving but I can't remember in what fashion.

Could he have seen the temple of rebirth the shaman told you about?

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 08:04 AM
I'm listening to Neil Templar's stuff now. Very good. Very futuristic and meditative.
You 2 should join forces and produce music and visuals together.

:mrgreen: Thank you very much for liking my art. Maybe you're putting Neil on the spot...lol!!! :mrgreen:

Beekeeper
28th January 2010, 08:05 AM
I hadn't looked at this thread for ages. I love your art guys! Makes me feel like I should get off my bum. :D

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 08:27 AM
I hadn't looked at this thread for ages. I love your art guys! Makes me feel like I should get off my bum. :D
:!: By all means please do so Beekeeper!

Beekeeper
28th January 2010, 08:39 AM
I was thinking about how I use motherhood and work as an excuse not to be creative but, truth be told, I do create a lot within my job and in domestic pursuits like gardening. I make up really great songs too that disappear forever into the ether.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/donnalowe_2006/Drawings.jpg

One of my garden pics

The nature strip:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/donnalowe_2006/Gardens/Gardenbedandtree.jpg

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 09:21 AM
Astounding Beekeeper. Please keep it coming! I lose songs too. I don't know how to write music. :lol:

[attachment=0:34l2m17o]For Beekeeper.jpg[/attachment:34l2m17o]

Beekeeper
28th January 2010, 09:53 AM
Can't keep coming because it's all I've got in my computer and it's very dated and a tad dodgy. The boys are my sons when they were little, the baby is my niece. I drew her sister last year but didn't make a copy before I gave it to my sister.

Maybe participating in this thread will propel me to act on an idea or two. I've been learning piano for about four years. I figure with help I could write music. My 16 year old son has been learning for 11 years. We collaborate quite a bit (he likes my voice - I used to sing) or he does with his friends. It's a lot of fun.

That's a beautiful image, btw. I love it.

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 10:24 AM
Can't keep coming because it's all I've got in my computer and it's very dated and a tad dodgy. The boys are my sons when they were little, the baby is my niece. I drew her sister last year but didn't make a copy before I gave it to my sister.

Maybe participating in this thread will propel me to act on an idea or two. I've been learning piano for about four years. I figure with help I could write music. My 16 year old son has been learning for 11 years. We collaborate quite a bit (he likes my voice - I used to sing) or he does with his friends. It's a lot of fun.

That's a beautiful image, btw. I love it.

I envy you.

WearsTheFire
28th January 2010, 10:51 AM
[attachment=0:26vlhfgs]watching.jpg[/attachment:26vlhfgs]

Alaskans
29th January 2010, 05:20 AM
Thanks Neil :) Wish I could listen to your music, must be my crappy internet connection.
Progressive Phosphoresence and Angel are my favorite Pinkfloyd. The girl looks like Grace, shes mischievious, but definately grace.
Your really good lightningbug! I love that you did them with colored pencils and crayons. Your art gives me a very unique feeling, a good one, I like it :D Your charactors are very expressive. You can tap into the creative mind, and you dont hold yourself back too much. I really think you could become a visionary artist. Of course being a pro is mostly about marketing and manifestation, you have an edge there because you understand manifestation.
Youve got talent Bee, if you can find a way to express the beautifull energy in you through art, people would be very fortunate. I already feel fortunate and gratefull in how you express it every day.

I really like 'Sky' Wearsthefire, for me it convey's the solemness we sometimes find ourselves in. Kind of a sadness in our responsibility and yearning to reach the hights of heaven. It also makes me feel the precise, beautifull, fragile, and yet strong mechanism of a divine body.

Thank you for your wonderful art. This has been an amazing post as I may have a better understanding of what possibly frightened my son when he was 12 years old.

I was reading the Bible to my son and daughter on my waterbed. My son was reclined staring up at the ceiling. This was a bright sunny day with a pale blue sky. While calmly listening my son suddenly cried out and bolted from the room. My daughter and I quickly followed after to see what was wrong.

After much coaxing he agreed to come back in my room again as long as I didn't read. I asked him what happened. He said the ceiling disappeared and he was saw a circle of deep blue sky that started out small then expanded to about 2 ft. in diameter. He stated the blue sky was surrounded by a ring of wispy white clouds. The clouds were moving but I can't remember in what fashion.

Could he have seen the temple of rebirth the shaman told you about?
I think what your son saw was what one person called an open heaven. A gateway to heaven. I think it was created from you reading the bible to your son (I'm assuming it was your son,but he may have only seen it). I know because we opened one once when I was so moved by the spirit of my former church I wanted to show it to heaven, I didnt tell anyone. Angels came through. The person that saw the hole in the ceiling called it an open heaven. A few weeks later it closed on its own. Only a very pure heart can create a doorway like that, I wouldnt try it now. I said I wouldnt tell anyone I helped construct it, but its a new era right?

I get 'artist block' a lot myeself. It helps doing simple little stuff for a bit to break out of it. I'm confident that if you choose to do it, you can even heal people with your art if you can express the good energies you encounter. Especially with music, no artform conveys energy better than music. A combination of art forms would really effective. Get as many senses as possible, even smell. It would be really popular and modern.

WearsTheFire
29th January 2010, 08:16 AM
[attachment=0:20s2bhnf]bye gone.jpg[/attachment:20s2bhnf]
Thank you for responding to my question Alaskans. I now have valuble information to take into consideration. I have seen prayer heal for I was the one that prayed but I never thought of images healing. Stimulating the five senses, perhaps more than five with individuals, would be worthy to attempt orchestration. You have given me new direction and outlook. Yes, in our new era...

Beekeeper
29th January 2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you Alaskans, that's very kind of you. :D

WearsTheFire
29th January 2010, 09:51 PM
[attachment=0:2nhuw4lf]small.jpg[/attachment:2nhuw4lf]

WearsTheFire
8th February 2010, 06:55 AM
[attachment=1:1gcc78ht]scar2.jpg[/attachment:1gcc78ht]
[attachment=0:1gcc78ht]Pony2.jpg[/attachment:1gcc78ht]

boris
9th February 2010, 06:52 PM
your stuff is awesome, i did ask earlier but you may have missed, what programme are you using? and is it mac compatible?

WearsTheFire
9th February 2010, 08:13 PM
[attachment=0:1duuue92]rainbow2.jpg[/attachment:1duuue92]

:D Thank you so much Boris. I'm using an old Jasc Paint Shop Pro now named Corel. There are free downloads here http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... 2796555406 (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796555406)
Go to the bottom of the page and you will see Mac versions.

boris
9th February 2010, 09:57 PM
[attachment=0:3mzapnl5]Doc1-3.doc[/attachment:3mzapnl5]

Alaskans
11th February 2010, 03:03 AM
you can even heal people with your art if you can express the good energies you encounter. Especially with music, no artform conveys energy better than music. A combination of art forms would really effective. Get as many senses as possible, even smell. It would be really popular and modern.
I was thinking about this today. It may be a really good idea. It is easy to convey basic instinctual energies like fear, this form is used all the time in 'haunted houses'. To convey something like God energy the designer would have to be intimately familiar with it. there would be certain elements, all contained in a room, or a progression of rooms. There would have to be a 'breaking' element where the thought frequency of the participant is interrupted to make way for the new one. A progression may be best, starting at a lower energy and raising to a higher one. But for outlining an example I'll make it a single room.
The elements:
1. Sound - A precicely composed peice of music playing in the room. The music has 4 functions. It emotionally conveys the feel of the energy through sound and frequency recognition. It relates to and therefore links the viewer to the other art in the room. It contains bionic beats that cause the brain of the listener to create the propper brainwaves. It contains sound vibrations (audiable or inaudiable) that physically vibrate the body of the listener.
2. Smell - There is a precicely formulated blissfull happy smell to the place. (for some reason a citrus/lemony smell continues to pop up in my mind as a main component in the fragrance)
3. Visual - I am pushed to think that the visual should be hard to clearly see. Like you arent sure what you saw. I think the reason is similar to subliminal messaging... I was suddenly reminded of the visuals I get from energy. That is it! Energy creates visual hypnogenic patterns for some people. These patterns can be observed and shown to others exactly as they are, through projection or a lazer show. This could be the whole reason I see them.
4. Touch - Besides the audio vibrations, textures on the floor for bare feet, or on 'touchable' things.

I can feel many 'outer' beings exited and enthusiasic about this idea and what it could do. But dont let me claim it. If it tickles you, go for it!

WearsTheFire
11th February 2010, 05:38 AM
1. Sound - It contains sound vibrations (audiable or inaudiable) that physically vibrate the body of the listener.

This reminds me when I woke from an afternoon nap once. There was a silent low buzzing sound that quickly wound to a loud high pitched whirling sound.

2. Smell - (for some reason a citrus/lemony smell continues to pop up in my mind as a main component in the fragrance)

Interesting you thought of lemons. In her early 20s my girlfriend was in church and troubled. She prayed she would be given a sign that God was present. She tuned out the church. Then she had the intense smell of lemons. She asked if anyone else could. Since she was the only one she accepted it as a sign.

I can feel many 'outer' beings exited and enthusiasic about this idea and what it could do. But dont let me claim it. If it tickles you, go for it!

I believe trying the experiment in a group setting would heighten the effect.

(This is a silly thought but could lemons affect artwork?)

WearsTheFire
11th February 2010, 05:48 AM
[attachment=0:7wgn3cjy]Linx2.jpg[/attachment:7wgn3cjy]

Neil Templar
20th February 2010, 12:31 PM
here's a new dj mix i did the other day.
it's a little bit different from what i usually play when i'm dj'ing, i tend to be quite moody, but this is a bit warmer stuff...
electronic. just under 1 hour long... enjoy... :D
http://soundcloud.com/neil-templar/is-it-summer-yet

Neil Templar
20th February 2010, 12:55 PM
you can even heal people with your art if you can express the good energies you encounter. Especially with music, no artform conveys energy better than music. A combination of art forms would really effective. Get as many senses as possible, even smell. It would be really popular and modern.
I was thinking about this today. It may be a really good idea. It is easy to convey basic instinctual energies like fear, this form is used all the time in 'haunted houses'. To convey something like God energy the designer would have to be intimately familiar with it. there would be certain elements, all contained in a room, or a progression of rooms. There would have to be a 'breaking' element where the thought frequency of the participant is interrupted to make way for the new one. A progression may be best, starting at a lower energy and raising to a higher one. But for outlining an example I'll make it a single room.
The elements:
1. Sound - A precicely composed peice of music playing in the room. The music has 4 functions. It emotionally conveys the feel of the energy through sound and frequency recognition. It relates to and therefore links the viewer to the other art in the room. It contains bionic beats that cause the brain of the listener to create the propper brainwaves. It contains sound vibrations (audiable or inaudiable) that physically vibrate the body of the listener.
2. Smell - There is a precicely formulated blissfull happy smell to the place. (for some reason a citrus/lemony smell continues to pop up in my mind as a main component in the fragrance)
3. Visual - I am pushed to think that the visual should be hard to clearly see. Like you arent sure what you saw. I think the reason is similar to subliminal messaging... I was suddenly reminded of the visuals I get from energy. That is it! Energy creates visual hypnogenic patterns for some people. These patterns can be observed and shown to others exactly as they are, through projection or a lazer show. This could be the whole reason I see them.
4. Touch - Besides the audio vibrations, textures on the floor for bare feet, or on 'touchable' things.

i love it man!
this is exactly what i have in mind... i've been thinking of creating a tent/room, to take to festivals. it'd be like a meditation/chillout room.
inside i'd have rows of small speakers along each side of the room, and people would be instructed to sit facing the right direction, to allow the binaural beats to work... images are projected onto the walls/floor/whatever...
and we serve tea of many varieties!! :D and there's fruit to eat if you like...
nice rugs cover the floor, and big cushions are everywhere...

Mishell
20th February 2010, 06:33 PM
Great idea, Neil! :D

WearsTheFire
23rd February 2010, 07:33 AM
[attachment=0:loso1hys]Co2.jpg[/attachment:loso1hys]

WearsTheFire
1st March 2010, 09:51 AM
[attachment=0:3g1g1vt5]Digit2.jpg[/attachment:3g1g1vt5]

WearsTheFire
2nd March 2010, 06:53 AM
Hand Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsDL2y9e ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsDL2y9e59I&feature=related)

WearsTheFire
7th March 2010, 09:41 AM
Until I hear from Neil I added his style of music to my artwork video. This is my first video so please be kind. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYH9av8p8I

CFTraveler
7th March 2010, 05:23 PM
It's very cool.

Tutor
7th March 2010, 05:46 PM
Whoa! a match made in heaven.

WearsTheFire
7th March 2010, 10:34 PM
:mrgreen: You guys rock!!! :mrgreen:

WearsTheFire
11th March 2010, 09:42 PM
[attachment=0:8apkasb6]which2.jpg[/attachment:8apkasb6]

michaelsaganski
12th March 2010, 04:06 AM
Until I hear from Neil I added his style of music to my artwork video. This is my first video so please be kind. :D

I really liked this. Thanks for sharing.

Alaskans
12th March 2010, 08:35 AM
Wow :D Exellent artistry both of you. Some of the artwork in the video I especially related to, they blew me away.

Neil Templar
12th March 2010, 09:26 AM

btw folks. that's NOT my music on that video. i'm currently working on a track for a newer video WearsTheFire has made.
it should be done by the end of this weekend, other commitments permitting... watch this space... :wink:

Beekeeper
12th March 2010, 10:05 AM
Until I hear from Neil I added his style of music to my artwork video. This is my first video so please be kind.

Nice. 8)

WearsTheFire
12th March 2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you michaelsaganski :!:

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 02:29 AM
:D Thank you Beekeeper :!: I can't wait to hear Neil's songs!!!

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 02:33 AM
[attachment=0:17vgpzn4]Wall In Question2.jpg[/attachment:17vgpzn4]

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 08:52 AM
[attachment=0:3o4r2ggi]Tunnel.jpg[/attachment:3o4r2ggi]

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 09:31 AM
When I begin an image I have no direction. I drive with my eyes shut. I have a handicap. I can't see everything on a page. My first drawing at age 3 was of a horse. At age 5 I began drawing conjoined horses and I've been wigging out from that point on.

Neil Templar
13th March 2010, 09:56 AM
When I begin an image I have no direction. I drive with my eyes shut.

i'm exactly the same when making music. never have any idea what i'm gonna do, until it starts to take form.. 8)

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 06:59 PM
[attachment=0:14u9p2pr]Plasma2.jpg[/attachment:14u9p2pr]

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 09:32 PM
[attachment=0:276fjoup]Flutterby2.jpg[/attachment:276fjoup]

WearsTheFire
13th March 2010, 11:08 PM
[attachment=0:pb8v1jq0]Knot2.jpg[/attachment:pb8v1jq0]

Neil Templar
14th March 2010, 07:21 AM
ok, here's the little project WearsTheFire and I have been working on.
images by WTF(lol, i love how that abbreviates) and music by me.

i initially thought i was making music for the video posted earlier, comprised of WTF's very cool artwork. so i started on a rather dark, pulsing techno piece. i guess 'sinister' is the best word to describe it.
then i saw this movie, and started something fresh. i've tried to keep it minimal, and 'spacey'.
not too much going on, i imagined a lonely sattelite travelling thru space, kinda melancholic, moments of dis-chordant interference as it moves thru clouds of radiation...heh. :P

i'm gonna continue working on the original track, for my own purposes, might as well finish what i started, right?!

anyhoo, let us know what y'awl think...
oh, BTW, i made the track on headphones, so, the production might sound a little strange to those of you listening to it on speakers, or it might not.
turn it up loud, and gimme some feedback, if you would, please. :wink: cheers.

HUBBLE FLIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4ERd0ATmI

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 09:52 AM
[attachment=0:deorsks8]Wraith.jpg[/attachment:deorsks8]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 09:54 AM
[attachment=0:v6xzwrtn]Static2.jpg[/attachment:v6xzwrtn]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:02 AM
[attachment=0:3krhtakg]Pack2.jpg[/attachment:3krhtakg]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:12 AM
[attachment=0:23ackkg5]Dolphin Run.jpg[/attachment:23ackkg5]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:16 AM
[attachment=0:3r6pq8f1]Sea2.jpg[/attachment:3r6pq8f1]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:21 AM
[attachment=0:1t2cyi77]Fiber2.jpg[/attachment:1t2cyi77]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:26 AM
[attachment=0:25lopts5]Royal2.jpg[/attachment:25lopts5]

Neil Templar
14th March 2010, 10:27 AM
wow WTF. you're a digital art machine!!! :P

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:31 AM
[attachment=0:j958s2cz]Coil.jpg[/attachment:j958s2cz]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:37 AM
[attachment=0:1xdzpf3l]Sun Rise2.jpg[/attachment:1xdzpf3l]

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 10:38 AM
[attachment=0:1ojpatxc]Gold Wave2.jpg[/attachment:1ojpatxc]

Tutor
14th March 2010, 04:28 PM
impressive y'all. other worldly. intense, yet tranquil

WearsTheFire
14th March 2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you Tutor!!! :D

Neil Templar
14th March 2010, 06:14 PM

Neil Templar
23rd March 2010, 04:14 PM
I started this thread out of curiosity, knowing there had to be folks around here with art to share.
it resulted in myself and WTF putting our heads together to co-create something pretty cool -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4ERd0ATmI :wink:

during that process, i realised something about my own creative process that i hadn't really thought about before.
i find it much easier to work if i already have a concept or something solid to take my inspiration from, in this instance WTF's images.
i often find, if i'm simply sitting down to try to make music, without any inspiration, i quickly get frustrated, it has no direction.
sometimes this is a good thing, i'm doing nothing more than experimenting with different sounds, so i learn about the actual production techniques, even if i don't end up with a finished track. but a finished track is ideally what i'm aiming for when i sit down, so having some inspiration is always better, obviously.

so now, my creative process has evolved.
i now find images that correspond with a concept, and put them together in a little movie, much like what's ^above^, then have that little movie looping in a small window in the corner of my screen, which keeps the inspiration flowing, allowing me to create more easily and satisfactorily. :D 8)

i guess this probably sounds like something i should've worked out a long time ago, huh?!

what's funny about it is, it was me who started this thread. resulting in my own learning experience.
i love the way the Universe works. :D

WearsTheFire
25th March 2010, 02:55 PM
[attachment=0:1ojq2reu]gard2.jpg[/attachment:1ojq2reu]

Neil Templar
29th March 2010, 12:01 AM
hey guys, here's a little taster of what i'm working on right now - a remix of a track by a band i know here.
http://soundcloud.com/neil-templar/clic ... d-rmx-v1-1 (http://soundcloud.com/neil-templar/click-clack-templars-teeth-grind-stripped-rmx-v1-1)

WearsTheFire
29th March 2010, 11:29 AM
:mrgreen: .............................. I Love the Feel of it Neil. Ultra Vibing .............................. :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
29th March 2010, 01:33 PM
Loved it too.

Tutor
29th March 2010, 02:47 PM
Neil,
that lil diddy took me to the catwalk, models in high heals. and for a moment i thought an evening tv drama showcasing the female investigator on the trail of the criminal, ya know, in that intense moment lasting just a few minutes, where no dialogue would be needed.

all these tracks seem destined for visuals.

Neil Templar
29th March 2010, 05:22 PM
thanks folks.
it not too far removed from the original track i was given. i stripped out a few of the sounds, horns and such, to give it a more sparse minimal feel, then added some extra drums and more atmospheric sounds, particularly in the intro...
it's not finished tho, i'll post a link when it is.
glad you're liking it tho! :D

WearsTheFire
1st April 2010, 08:59 AM
[attachment=0:eqeanqpz]Ceil2.jpg[/attachment:eqeanqpz]
I heard that Tutor :)

WearsTheFire
21st April 2010, 08:43 PM
[attachment=0:ss6qg0r0]Shear2.jpg[/attachment:ss6qg0r0]
Combination...........,,............ of..............,,..,...... ...the.....................,................ 2......,,...,,.........

WearsTheFire
28th April 2010, 11:55 PM
[attachment=0:2tiadxwl]Taps2.jpg[/attachment:2tiadxwl]

WearsTheFire
30th April 2010, 04:25 AM
[attachment=0:164za1o2]_2.jpg[/attachment:164za1o2]

WearsTheFire
30th April 2010, 06:34 AM
[attachment=0:2krtoul1]_2bg.jpg[/attachment:2krtoul1]

PinkFloyd08
2nd May 2010, 03:16 AM
couple charcoal/pencil/white coal drawings ive made.
trying to get back into it but Its hard to get back into something you havent done for a couple years.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8548/drawings.jpg

WearsTheFire
2nd May 2010, 08:08 PM
:) ..... Accomplished works, I would like to see others! ..... :)

WearsTheFire
4th May 2010, 08:38 AM
[attachment=0:396r45p7]zero our.jpg[/attachment:396r45p7]

WearsTheFire
7th May 2010, 01:41 PM
[attachment=0:1rg7pb5j]Stills2.jpg[/attachment:1rg7pb5j]

WearsTheFire
21st May 2010, 09:28 AM
[attachment=0:3ezorb28]dede2.jpg[/attachment:3ezorb28]

WearsTheFire
30th May 2010, 08:05 AM
[attachment=0:32a5mseh]aaze.jpg[/attachment:32a5mseh]

Beekeeper
30th May 2010, 10:28 AM
Just catching up on this thread. I really like your drawings, Pink Floyd!

Your images continue to be fresh and beautiful, WearsTheFire.

WearsTheFire
2nd June 2010, 05:19 AM
Thank you very much Beekeeper.

In the bottom 2 images on the previous page I matched the background to blend with the 2 different colors of blue on the page.

It was experiment to see if anyone noticed. Perhaps that only views on my pc lol.

Just fooling around when I made this one.

[attachment=0:jln4wkz0]sunburnedzebra.jpg[/attachment:jln4wkz0]

boris
17th June 2010, 12:43 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9664/qlink.jpg

WearsTheFire
19th June 2010, 07:24 AM
[attachment=0:gg78h3k0]Baer3.jpg[/attachment:gg78h3k0]

WearsTheFire
20th June 2010, 10:11 PM
[attachment=0:1i1a35il]Tallow2.jpg[/attachment:1i1a35il]

Neil Templar
14th July 2010, 10:25 PM
here's a track i've been working on the past few days... i got new software a while back, this is the first track i've completed using it.
it's a bit dark, spaced out techno, kinda glitchy... definitely won't be to everyone's taste...very electronic and minimal, the kinda stuff i might play when i'm djing...
sounds best thru headphones... :wink:

http://soundcloud.com/neil-templar/meridian-v1-2

WearsTheFire
16th July 2010, 07:17 PM
it's a bit dark, spaced out techno, kinda glitchy... definitely won't be to everyone's taste...

I love it Neil, it put me on a speeding night train yet I was in slow motion then the activity reversed. Whew, what a trip.

[attachment=0:tv7r7rz5]ash.jpg[/attachment:tv7r7rz5]

Neil Templar
16th July 2010, 09:33 PM
it's a bit dark, spaced out techno, kinda glitchy... definitely won't be to everyone's taste...

I love it Neil, it put me on a speeding night train yet I was in slow motion then the activity reversed. Whew, what a trip.

thanks!!! :D
i'm enjoying an intense burst of creativity at the moment...i can't seem to pull myself away from the computer...

baalixan
15th August 2010, 10:25 AM
my work pales in comparison to alot of the stuff here....i have too much to just post em all, but here is a link to my deviant art.(critique welcome) :P
my work varies greatly in style, and content quite a bit, so don't let one pieve throw u off haha
http://baalixan.deviantart.com/

Beekeeper
15th August 2010, 11:50 AM
You're very creative. :D

Neil Templar
23rd September 2010, 02:57 PM
here's a rather dark number i've been working on the past two days. a little different than my usual style..
inspired by Battlestar Galactica...and my dark night last week... a solitary man floating thru space, with nothing but his thoughts for company...

http://soundcloud.com/neil-templar/solitude-suite-v1-0

eyeoneblack
23rd September 2010, 04:07 PM
Soooo much thank you Niel. That's the first I've heard of your music - listened to Lumerians too. Solitude has been the music, unheard till now, that defines so much of what I've been feeling lately. Going to sleep at night I imagine I am alone on a three-masted sailing ship of the 1600s (Rime of the Ancient Mariner) forever lost at sea, going literaly nowhere. Somehow I find peace in those thoughts :? .

I imagine toward the end of the piece distant but treasured thoughts of a time, now irrelevant, come vaguely drifting into the solitary man's thoughts -

Anyway, again, I enjoyed it. :D

I've been threatening to get another keyboard lately although a genetic tremor says I'll never play again like I used to - still I'm certain I could make some music again and it would probably do me a lot of good. Would you mind telling me what instrument(s) you're using?

Richard

Neil Templar
23rd September 2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Richard. thanks, i'm glad you enjoyed it! 8)
yeah, i'm only using Logic Pro. it's software for Mac.
i have a MIDI controller keyboard for playing the notes on, but you can make music without one. just drawing the notes on the piano roll/timeline, but it's a far less satisfying way to go about it.
i have a slightly older version than this, but you get the idea - :D
http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/logicpro/

baalixan
23rd September 2010, 08:34 PM
this is probably the most meaningful piece i have done, so much so that i had it tatood on my back. its representative of my spirituality and how i see the world. it has a few different philosophical and spiritual interpretations for me.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/102/2/c/Tree_of_life_Zodiac_tatoo_by_Baalixan.jpg

Sinera
23rd September 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi Richard. thanks, i'm glad you enjoyed it! 8)
yeah, i'm only using Logic Pro. it's software for Mac.
i have a MIDI controller keyboard for playing the notes on, but you can make music without one. just drawing the notes on the piano roll/timeline, but it's a far less satisfying way to go about it.
i have a slightly older version than this, but you get the idea - :D
http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/logicpro/
that's what I am doing, too, "painting" notes and beats, for me that's just more fun than playing anything

well, I have a midi keyboard, too and could play the chords - but not more (never been into keys - formerly I used to play drums in bands and a bit of guitar and later bass guitar, only 4 strings .. much easier :mrgreen: ),

moreover, I think it is a cumbersome and complicated process to record "live" playing with a DAW, and it's not necessary anymore
painting in notes on the piano roll and making beats on a step sequencer and adding samples, that's the modern way of cheap'n'lazy music production for me, guess I'm getting old

still, I like to remember those days of old: me and some like-minded long-haired dudes jamming and composing in a filthy and smoky rehearsal rooms
yeh, the good ol' days... that was fun, too, but well, that's over, guess I'm getting old :(

but now... the worst is: after another change of musical style, I am now trying to record me singing to the songs ... and no, I can't sing actually, but that's what effects are for, aren't they?
:roll: :twisted:

eyeoneblack
23rd September 2010, 09:28 PM
Hey, Volgerle! Singing is quite another thing, isn't it? But I definitely think it's worth the try, even if you sing with as poor a voice as mine. :roll: I used to always remind myself, who can sing worse than Bob Dylan? :lol:

Isn't ProTools the PC version of LogicPro? if I remember correctly? That and a midi keyboard/controller and I'd be ready to join the fray.

Wow, this is the first idea that's gotten me a little excited since I 'retired'. :!:

Whoopee! might be a little premature, but I think I'll look into it. Yeah, Neil gave me just the nudge I think I needed. 8)

Neil Templar
23rd September 2010, 10:14 PM
excellent.
let the creative juices flow... 8)

eyeoneblack
24th September 2010, 03:38 PM
Well, somehow I managed to upload a long lost and forgotten track - the only thing I have left and that is by accident. I've never even put a CD in my computer until this morning. Hope it came out OK?

http://soundcloud.com/eyeoneblack/boomslang

Like I explain on SoundCloud this is real-time, no overdubbing or mixing. Well, enough of excuses. Hope somebody enjoys it. :D

Richard

p.s. my music isn't totally lost, it's just that other people than myself have it....

Sinera
24th September 2010, 06:32 PM
sounds cool, richard, and even rhythmically pretty progressive stuff (which is what I like (as an ex-drummer :wink: ))
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/8si5-w.jpg

eyeoneblack
25th September 2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Volgerle! :D

That's what I liked playing it (rhythmic) - keeping the left hand steady and letting the right play against it.

Thanks for listening. 8)

Richard

PinkFloyd08
26th December 2010, 10:32 PM
a new tattoo my friend did.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6094/mg7235.jpg

Tutor
10th April 2011, 07:39 PM
well, i've begun my first piece of artwork toward spiritual expression on canvas. this piece involves the I Ching as Christ Crowned of Thorns. basically, but is as deep as the one looking at it has sight from.

i have several more plying to be worked further in this manner, time will tell, i reckon so.

tim

CFTraveler
10th April 2011, 08:05 PM
I hope you will post the illustration when it is done.
Someday I'll share my drawings....

alphadracooverlord
14th April 2011, 06:51 AM
I've worked with wood a lot. I've made some simple furniture but I prefer working with smaller objects. Unfortunately I got a bit phobic about the machines because It's dangerous to make mistakes, specially with the big cutters. I can handle them however if I want to but they are pretty dangerous.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6421/hpim0640.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6606/hpim0641i.jpg

Beekeeper
15th April 2011, 09:32 AM
My husband is a woodworker (woodwork teacher) and a potter as well. He's made a considerable amount of our furniture. I love woodwork!

alphadracooverlord
15th April 2011, 11:26 AM
Yes It's a good and respectable profession. I was almost going to get certified in woodwork (furniture) but my problems hindered me. And you also have to show the machines great respect. Sometimes bad maintained machines can snap and there could be major problems like jumping bands and overheating blades. Here however people don't seem so interested anymore in handmade furniture. Most people just seem to go to Ikea when they need something. It's hard to get a job but from what I've understood you can make quite a bit by starting your own company.

I like the traditional woodwork more because It's calmer and less noise. Big machines specially blade cutters can make quite a noise and throw a lot of dust (keep noise protection, suction, breathing mask and protection glasses on).

I have always loved wood since a kid. I accidentaly hammered a chisel into my hand and there was a lot of blood but I just kept working.