PDA

View Full Version : Energy work once a week?

magic
15th March 2009, 05:06 PM
Can you exerience positive benefis of only using energy once a week, or 2-3 times a week?
I´m a lazy person and I can´t do energy work every day, is it ok do it this way.

I´ve also find that If I do energy week every day for a week and then stop I become a little depressed and shy.
Have you experienced this yourself?

Sincerely
Karl

ButterflyWoman
15th March 2009, 05:50 PM
Can you exerience positive benefis of only using energy once a week, or 2-3 times a week?
Yes. Just as you can benefit from exercising only once a week, but the benefits won't be that great. Still, it's better than nothing.

I´m a lazy person
You shouldn't define yourself this way. As you believe, so you are.

Korpo
15th March 2009, 06:09 PM
2-3 times a week would definitely help more, as would working out.

Why don't you make short sessions, more often? If you always slate enormous sessions that last rather long you basically create a situation where you find it burdensome.

Also, if you find energy work burdensome, try to find the technique you like most and do it in periods when you just have time. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, it really sums up.

Oliver

Tom
15th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Wear a q-link or something. Rudraksha bead malas are good, too, and my teacher said they can go up a lot higher than the q-link. Get one blessed and wear it and it will help your progress while you have it on. For that matter, a quartz pendant or something. Or put energy into a bottle of water or vegetable oil and put it in your food over a week and make fresh. An ounce or so is enough. Make small batches to keep them fresh. Be careful with putting crystals in water and drinking it as some are poisonous, but I've done it with quartz and amethyst and haven't died yet.

Seeuzin
22nd March 2009, 03:04 PM

I haven't tried progressing with only doing it once a week, but sometimes I only do it every other day or every third day, and this seems to be often enough that I progress at a rate that's to my liking, or at least don't go backwards. My sessions last for 20 to 30 mins.

I´ve also find that If I do energy week every day for a week and then stop I become a little depressed and shy.
Have you experienced this yourself?

I did notice this at the beginning, that after lack of practice blockages would start to return and whatnot, and I'd feel worse. Now that the gains I have made through energy work are more "solid," I don't experience that anymore. In fact if I stop doing energy work for 4 days or so I actually feel a little "charged up" because I haven't expended energy on doing the excercises.

asalantu
24th March 2009, 12:52 PM
Er... just a thought... ¿Are we forgetting benefits of raising energy during sleep?
My best regards.
Ángel

Chris_com28
25th March 2009, 10:56 PM
Wear a q-link or something. Rudraksha bead malas are good, too, and my teacher said they can go up a lot higher than the q-link. Get one blessed and wear it and it will help your progress while you have it on. For that matter, a quartz pendant or something. Or put energy into a bottle of water or vegetable oil and put it in your food over a week and make fresh. An ounce or so is enough. Make small batches to keep them fresh. Be careful with putting crystals in water and drinking it as some are poisonous, but I've done it with quartz and amethyst and haven't died yet.
Quartz and amethyst appear to be fine. It seems that not a lot of crystals are dangerous to use in drinking water. If you're interested then read 'Gem Water'. Though still be careful and don't take what the author says as absolute truth. If it doesn't seem right to you then look deeper or don't do it.

Tom
26th March 2009, 01:09 AM
I think the biggest concern was minerals containing a high amount of copper - and possibly nickel? - but in any case if you are familiar with reiki systems and the way it feels to receive an attunement you can hold a crystal in your hand for several minutes and ask your Higher Self to attune you to the energy of the crystal. You can then ask your Higher Self to put the energy of the crystal into water or oils or foods even at several times the intensity of what you might get from soaking crystals in water overnight. It can be done much more quickly this way, too.

VioletImagery
26th March 2009, 02:36 AM
Or you can charge the water using an indirect method. Put the crystal in a glass and then set the glass in a bowl of water. That way the crystal never comes in direct contact with the water but is still surrounded by it.

Beekeeper
26th March 2009, 09:24 AM
Magic, you don't even have to be in a true meditative state to raise energy. I've often done it while supervising exams, sitting in assemblies, sitting in a waiting room or whatever. So, if you find yourself in such a situation, consider the possibility.

ButterflyWoman
26th March 2009, 11:33 AM
you don't even have to be in a true meditative state to raise energy. I've often done it while supervising exams, sitting in assemblies, sitting in a waiting room or whatever.
Agree with that. I do it siting at the computer, while watching tv, sometimes while driving (not usually in town because my attention is so affected, but for longer trips). Once you get the knack of it, it doesn't take that much direct attention, in my experience.

Chris_com28
27th March 2009, 12:12 AM
It wasn't too long ago I managed to spare 10 minutes. I was hardly in a meditative state and merely called on my attunements and did a bit of visualisation and tactile imaging. I cleared a lot with that and was literally buzzing for days. Just goes to show that you don't need to go into a deep trance to do effective work. Though I've gone down since then. I'm trying to focus on getting back up, but from the scan I received it seems there was an attempt to stop the work I've been doing.

Chris_com28
27th March 2009, 12:17 AM
I think the biggest concern was minerals containing a high amount of copper - and possibly nickel? - but in any case if you are familiar with reiki systems and the way it feels to receive an attunement you can hold a crystal in your hand for several minutes and ask your Higher Self to attune you to the energy of the crystal. You can then ask your Higher Self to put the energy of the crystal into water or oils or foods even at several times the intensity of what you might get from soaking crystals in water overnight. It can be done much more quickly this way, too.
Not too sure what toxins can be found in gems, though I remember copper and nickel. I think using your higher self for attunements only works if you've got a strong enough connection. Well that's just my belief untill I experience other wise. Though the idea of attuning to a crystal is interesting. Personally I think it's by accessing the information field in the gem and then creating the concept in yourself, like what Dale Power talks about. There's a reiki technique of sending reiki through the eyes which I believe can be used to benefit this. Maybe someone should talk to Dale about crystal attuning. I'm sure he'll have something interesting to share.