PDA

View Full Version : Starting again

mrsix
28th March 2009, 01:45 PM
Hello there,

I was quite active here about a year ago, but stopped energy raising for some reason around October, November last year.

I've started again, so am beggining from scratch with NEW.

Does anybody else go through phases of stopping completely? I have no idea why I stopped.. perhaps life just got in the way.

ariesr
28th March 2009, 02:23 PM
I've tended to do that with many things, this is mostly down to poor planning and defining exactly why I am doing the activity.

Last year I stopped doing NEW techniques etc, due to a family berievement. Now that a year has passed I am picking up again on many fronts.

Lots to read, practice and experience.

CFTraveler
28th March 2009, 04:19 PM
The times I've stopped it has been for a reason.

Apex
29th March 2009, 06:20 AM
I personally find that my development takes on a pattern of highs and lows, like a rollercoaster. I initially had a tendency to believe that the "lows" were due to me slacking and the "highs" were due to me being on track. I further associated the lows being "bad" and the highs being "good". I no longer have that opinion, though I'm not sure when I decided to change it.

The periods of time between my highs and lows haven't been consistent. I've had a low and high that spanned over a year each. These days they tend to be spread out over the course of a few weeks.

To make a long story short, I can say it is a normal process for me personally.