PDA

View Full Version : "The End of Your World" by Adyashanti

ButterflyWoman
3rd April 2009, 05:38 AM
Fantastic book in all regards. Adyashanti is a teacher in the Zen tradition, though he's American. He's very straightforward and well-spoken, not forceful but definitely no-nonsense. The topic of the book is spiritual awakening. This book has answered many of my questions, ones which I couldn't find an answer to elsewhere, and even answered some questions I didn't know I had.

I very much recommend this book if you're interested in the topic of spiritual awakening/enlightenment. I expect to read this many times, that's how good it is.

If you want to know more about the teacher, you can just hop over to YouTube and do a search for his name, but here's a link to his website (which is where I ordered the book; I was extremely impressed by the prompt shipping!):

http://www.adyashanti.org/

Palehorse Redivivus
3rd April 2009, 07:03 AM
Alright you've sold me. :P I may have to grab a copy of that... I realize I've probably still got some preconceptions and hang-ups surrounding the whole subject; seems like a good way to potentially dispel a lot of those.

Ouroboros
5th April 2009, 11:25 PM
I read through all the writings that are posted on the site you linked to. A very peaceful read - I'll be buying the book as soon as I get out of the financial hole I manifested with my vacation. :P

Just the writings on the site were a great help to me though.