PDA

View Full Version : Newbie NEW Energy Ways Questions

Alandryl
11th January 2006, 09:02 PM
I'm just now beginning to study energy techniques using the "New Energy Ways" document and I have a few questions. First of all, I seem to have problems fully imagining the tactile sensations that the exercises require. I sort of have a sense of the body parts using just imagination but it's very weak, fleeting and fuzzy. Also, when mentally tracing a line from part to part, my sense of it fades in and out and seems somewhat vague. Now I assume this stuff just requires practice. My question is what method of practicing seems to work best. Should I just do my best for 5-10 minutes a day and let the Tactile Imagiging focus and get strong in it's own time or is it better to sit down for longer periods of time and use more intensity and determination (or intention) to try and break these rudimentary limitations.

Also, I have both brainwave generator and neuro programmer 2. Are there specific Entrainment frequencies to listen to while doing the exercises which will facillitate Tactile Imagery and energy flow?

Thanks

Kalonek
11th January 2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Alandryl !

As you say, it's just a matter of practice. I remember at the very beginning of my practice it was the same for me : I had difficulties to keep my awareness focused on my body, the feeling of my MBA moving was very slight etc. It only takes a couple of hours of practice to get really better sensations and to be able to control a lot better your body awareness.

My advice would be to practice about 20 minutes/day in the evening in your bed before sleeping, on the feet, hands, legs and arms (not on the major chakras during the first months). It will train you to master your tactile imagination and will develop your energy body.

I found a simple rule in NEW : the more you focus your attention on a small area, the more powerfully the body awareness is stimulating your energy body (and vice versa :wink:)

Just experiment on your limbs and you'll very soon get better.

CFTraveler
11th January 2006, 09:32 PM
Alandryl wrote:

First of all, I seem to have problems fully imagining the tactile sensations that the exercises require. I sort of have a sense of the body parts using just imagination but it's very weak, fleeting and fuzzy
Caress lightly a body part and then try to 'keep' the sensation going. This is ok to start with and you will soon be able to imagine the sensation.

Also, I have both brainwave generator and neuro programmer 2.
I believe the presets are labeled and in order: start with the beginning.
Regards, CF

Tom
11th January 2006, 09:35 PM
It is more about knowing how something feels and then imagining feeling it again. That is enough. It is based on something that you clearly remember. If you don't clearly remember how it feels to wipe your hand with a wet sponge, you can practice with a real wet sponge until the memory is clear. Or maybe a toothbrush. Or a paintbrush. Anything you like, until you are so familiar with it that you can re-create the feeling from memory. Then you can move it around, from the parts of your body which respond well to the areas that are giving you more resistance.

Alandryl
11th January 2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the tips on solidifying the sense of tactile imagery. I'll try them as well as continue to practice about 20 minutes a day on hands and feet until my sense gets strong.

I believe the presets are labeled and in order: start with the beginning.
There are presets for the MAP program though the week 1 preset is an optional relaxation preset that you do before you begin the other exercises as opposed to during. I was wondering if there are any presets that are appropriate or helpful to listen to while you are doing early energy work.

stargazer
12th January 2006, 03:04 AM
Hi Alandryl

I found that as time passed, it became much easier to sense and feel those areas.. for instance brushing individual toes was a challenge in the beginning, as I had no sense for those individual little areas, but nowadays the moment I start even thinking about brushing those toes, they tingle in response, thus making it EVEN easier to hone in on them. "Fake it til you make it" worked very well for me.

I think it said in AD that it was better to do the first option of what you said, letting it happen on its own time vs. trying to intensely force it... AD said that forced development causes large but weak energy pathways that don't last very long. :D

After a few months of doing secondary work, I've moved into the primary and am keeping that same mantra in mind.. work on a chakra even if it feels nonresponsive, as if it were responsive, and expect that it will eventually be responsive. (And already feeling lots of good response; heaviness and the like)

Happy NEW-ing!

allure
16th January 2006, 12:06 AM
I suggest doing NEW before going to sleep. Do not read the whole manual all at once. Every night before going to sleep, read only a few pages as much as you think feel like doing that night. Thus you can remember better what was supposed to be done. Then turn off the lights and start doing it. If it gets tedious, do less. I did so...when I finished the last page, the energy moved very well within my body and still does so. At some point one starts doing NEW Intuitevely as Robert Bruce said at the manual and this really is so. I do NEW all the time with a very small mental effort.